The New Twist On The “Gimme” Wedding Invitation

by admin on June 8, 2010

Yes, this is about an invitation that asks for money, but it’s more than that. I work with the groom. The bride had booked her wedding for midweek in July and told everyone what a great deal they had got; for less than their budget they got an all-inclusive package: meal, all the hotel rooms, drinks and so on. When asked about wedding gifts, she said they would just ask people to contribute towards the cost of the hotel rooms (the ones included in the package price). So this is just asking for money by any other name. I wouldn’t do it myself but I’m not that upset about it; I’d expect to pay for my hotel room anyway.

Two weeks ago I got the invitation. To my surprise there was a VERY long poem that finally told me the couple were having a wishing well set up (in the UK!) to put in money and wishes which they are ‘sure will come true’ in return for our generosity. Right. I thought they was asking for contributions to the hotel rooms? Then I turned it over, and there was another section.   It said the hotel rooms cost £X (or $X for you USAians) per night and to send the money to the bride with your RSVP if you wanted one.  But the couple has paid for the rooms in their amazing package deal and the wedding’s not for 2 months.  Why the rush to get the £X from me now (which I don’t have since I was only given 2 days to RSVP)?  And since I’m effectively giving them £X cash towards their costs, why the demand for more money with the well?

I was surprised how disgusted and almost hurt I was by this invitation. I felt like nothing to them when I read it; just a wallet, someone else to hit up for money. They didn’t even spell my names right, and they ended with a rhyme asking us ‘not to be offended’. If you have to do that, you know you’re doing the wrong thing. Sure I’ll shrug it off and buy them a nice present, and I do wish them well, but that invitation really has made me look at them in a different light – and appreciate how lucky I am to have so many wonderful friends who wouldn’t send that to anyone in a million years.

I’ve rsvp’d yes; I promised months ago that we’d be there, although I feel pretty bad going after this, and my boyfriend is furious.  He said he felt he’d been given an invoice, and we should put a tenner in a card, since that’s clearly all they care about.  I don’t know if going is the right thing to do or not, although we’re staying at a cheaper hotel.  The really sad thing is that I will be putting some money in the well.  I usually love buying presents and spend ages wrapping them/writing messages, but this time around, what’s the point? 0601-10

For privacy reasons, the location of the wedding, all names, bank account information and even monetary amounts were deleted from the image.   What readers may not catch is that the bride and groom are making a nice profit by arranging an inexpensive package deal for the hotel rooms but charging their guests the rack rate.  One of the most diabolically clever way of extracting cash from wedding guests I’ve seen in a long time!

Amber June 8, 2010 at 8:17 am

Glarg. I think any wedding invitation that has a shmaltzy poem should be immediately suspect even before reading. Obviously it’s there to hide a message, and the message is rarely good.

juanita June 8, 2010 at 8:29 am

I think this long drawn out poem has no place in the invitation set. If a wishing well is available, simply write “wishing well” on the reception announcement but ONLY if boxed gifts are not accepted and ONLY if there is a good reason, like the couple is moving or owns their own home already. The guests would already know this, no need to mention it. The fewer words regarding gifts on the invitation, the better. I do think the RSVP card should include info about the hotel block reservations, but it should not require that the money be sent to the bride! Let the guests pay the hotel directly, and arrange it to be so because they may choose to purchase different services and it is a private matter to them. Also, it should be worded “rooms are available at ____ hotel, please mention ___ wedding party to get the group rate” The words “reservation” or “we have rooms available” implies that the room is paid for and no dollar amount should ever be listed on the card.

Sybylla June 8, 2010 at 8:39 am

I realize I am probably going to be in the minority here. But, I don’t feel the OP was “required” to contribute money to the couple’s wishing well, since the poem clearly states “(but only if you wish to participate)”. People who say they enjoy the act of buying that perfect present, wrapping it, writing special messages on the card, etc. need to examine their gift giving motives. A present isn’t meant to be for the benefit of the giver, it’s for the benefit of the recipient. And I think it’s in poor taste to give someone something you know they would not prefer, just because you prefer to give it.

I don’t get why wishing wells are rude. Wedding presents are not mandatory, but I believe it is poor etiquette to attend a wedding without one, and I think most people would feel the same. So instead of getting piles of stuff that probably won’t even get used, what’s the harm in asking for some money to help start you off on your married life? Most wishing well cards/poems – while overly saccharine – do make it clear it is only if the guest wishes to participate. At least the poem shows an attempt to soften the blow for the contingent of guests who might take offense, which seems very gracious to me.

Also, how does the OP know all the rooms are paid for? Weddings often go overbudgets, so maybe the couple ended up choosing a different package with the hotel, or perhaps there were only a certain number of rooms included in the package that got assigned to the bridal party and family members instead. Sure, the groom said the rooms were paid for. But if my Fiance can be used as the yardstick, I’d say there’s a fair chance the groom to be got that information wrong or misunderstood the situation. I don’t think this was an “invoice”, it was merely information on the cost of the rooms at the hotel, in case the OP wished the convenience of staying on premises.

mommaknowsbest June 8, 2010 at 8:40 am

Well, I guess we’ve seen these enough by now, and we may have to at some point, begin to start accepting that these are becoming common practice with this generation and not be so shocked, but more accepting of this practice. hehe NOT! I receently got an invitation that basically was an announcement of the wedding and it said (in rhyme too) that the venue was very small, so only a few close friends and family had been invited and while we wish we could invite you, we can’t, but we are registered at……. They were good friends, so I ust sent money in a card and never spoke of it to them, but come on. This is very common today and while I think a bad practice, one we should not be shocked at any more.

Mom June 8, 2010 at 8:47 am

“The sad thing is that I will be putting money into the well”.
Why, on earth? You’ve already said you’re upset and your boyfriend is furious and that you are giving them a nice gift. Why feel compelled to give the cash too? Even the invitation, as horrid as it is, says “only if you wish to participate”.
By all means go to the wedding if you’d like – but cash is not mandatory!

DGS June 8, 2010 at 9:02 am

What a gimme! That is repulsive. I don’t understand, though, why you would RSVP that you would a) go and b) state that you are planning on getting them a present. Since this is such a blatant obnoxious shove for money, why on Earth would you reinforce it by your participation? I’d RSVP ‘no’ and send them a nice card (with no money in it), wishing them well on their nuptials. Let them rip off someone else, and you should enjoy visiting with friends who do not expect you to pick up the tab for their nuptials.

Jess June 8, 2010 at 9:04 am

Holy crap. I’m embarrassed for that couple. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tackier “insert.” Maybe you should buy them a beautiful porcelain piggy bank to hold all their wishing well money. And it’s befitting since the couple are complete gimmie pigs.

Interestingly Laura June 8, 2010 at 9:15 am

“More than just kisses so far we’ve shared”???

Though I’m not saying they shouldn’t have shared more than just kisses, it sounds like more information than I needed to know about the bride and groom who obviously live together.

As for the rest of it, I’m fortunate to not have friends such as that. Thanks for including the invitation.

Ruth June 8, 2010 at 9:16 am

Wow. I’d totally pay for my hotel room, but in the States we normally just get a block of rooms reserved up to a certain point and everyone gets a deal. Then after whatever that day is, the rooms are released and you have to pay full price. We don’t send the money straight to the bride or anything.

I included info about the block of rooms in my invitations to out-of-town guests, but just told them the hotel, the special pricing the hotel had given us, the name to give the hotel if they wanted to stay in that block, and the date it expired. Not as part of the RSVP.

Amazed June 8, 2010 at 9:29 am

You are a kinder person than I am. I would have turned down the “honor” of attending. In a heartbeat.

Rosey June 8, 2010 at 9:32 am

Begging is tacky no matter the style,
This invite is begging despite your denial.
If you want to have money, you don’t ask your guests,
Who will see right through your egregious requests
If you feel writing poems will save you from hell,
With begging and pleading and one wishing well,
At least give some thought to the rhythm and rhyme,
And how to ask nicely for money and time.
The result will be polished, perfect, pristine,
The key invitation to your wedding dreams,
And then when you come to walk down the aisle,
And notice empty seats stretched more than a mile,
Know that your guests appreciated your time,
But tacky is tacky (even in rhyme).
You’ll celebrate alone with your groom and your priest,
As greed always makes for one lonely feast.

Kat June 8, 2010 at 9:33 am

I’ve paid for my own accommodations at every wedding I’ve ever been to, although certainly not via the bride. So unless I’m misunderstanding something, I don’t see a problem with her asking guests to cover their own hotel rooms, although collecting the money directly is a little weird.

karmabottle June 8, 2010 at 9:37 am

Wow, your boyfriend is right concerning the “invoice”. I hope that you are super-close friends with these folks. Not that it makes their offenses any less, but at least you would want to see them marry.

AS June 8, 2010 at 9:43 am

If that is the wedding card, it really looks like you are booking a room for a conference or something (which you are expected to pay for your room, but you often get a cheaper rate as they block book the rooms) rather than a wedding. Why don’t you just ignore all the requests for money, and give them a gift or a gift card and hand it to them during the wedding? What are they going to do? Be rude to you and throw it at your face (you can use it if they do that!). As far as I am aware of, in a wishing well, there is no way of knowing who gave how much.

Xtina June 8, 2010 at 10:02 am

So…..methinks we have a couple here who sees an opportunity to make money while getting married. So they’re asking you, the guests, to pay for rooms, which they supposedly worked into their wedding budget and got far below that target cost to begin with (I’m not clear on whether or not the original intention was that the B & G were to cover the cost of lodging for wedding guests and they then changed their minds?), but they are asking everyone to additionally PAY them on top of that, under the guise of a wedding gift!

Despite their horrid attempt at the invitation’s poem to make guests—as opposed to their wallets—feel wanted at their event, this seems like nothing more than a thinly disguised excuse to extort money from well-meaning friends and family. I wonder if their goal is to end up covering the cost of their entire wedding in full from their guests’ pockets?

As to whether or not I’d attend, that’s hard to say. If the B & G were family or good friends, it would be hard to say no-I-won’t-attend, but I would definitely stay at a different hotel and not contribute to their lodging scheme. I’d also probably buy them a gift as opposed to the requested donation just to make a point.

Orange Swan June 8, 2010 at 10:05 am

I’d love to see a follow-up for this one after the couple gets married next month. I’d like to hear what percentage of their invited guests not only came but was actually speaking to them after that stunt.

Cady June 8, 2010 at 10:43 am

If people ask me for money, I buy them an inexpensive present and don’t include a receipt. You don’t have to give them money just because they ask for it, and I don’t believe in bowing to people’s rude requests.

Dee June 8, 2010 at 10:51 am

I know you have already rsvp’d “yes” but this is one wedding where I would have said “no” and not felt any guilt about doing it. You “promised” several months ago; but plans do change.

Also, you do not have to put money in the wishing well–card clearly says if you “wish to participate”. Well, you don’t wish to, so put in a card. Unless you thing it could affect your working relationship with the groom–then put in a token amount.

Greed is definitely the theme for this wedding. If I was the groom, I would be utterly embarrassed about the bride asking for money for the hotel rooms when I had told everyone they were included in the deal.

Princess91765 June 8, 2010 at 11:01 am

This is unbelievable! Super tacky. I thought my niece was bad for putting her registry cards in with the invitations, (after I told her it was not a good idea)…but this takes the cake!

Shayna June 8, 2010 at 11:33 am

I really do hate this sort of thing. I admit that I do enjoy receiving money as a gift, as it allows me to purchase something that suits my needs and my taste, but I would never be tacky enough to ask for it.

Jodie June 8, 2010 at 11:37 am

As a fellow English woman, i find both the concept of a “wishing well” and that stupid poem sorry “begging rhyme” totally disgusting. to give them a tenner would be kind. i wouldn’t give them a single thing

Vrinda June 8, 2010 at 11:45 am

I wouldn’t bother giving them a present. You going and paying for your own room is enough. I’d reconsider even going to this wedding or having anything to do with this couple.

C June 8, 2010 at 11:55 am

Wow*. I not only would not attend, but would only send a nice card that said “Wishing you well!”

Gloria Shiner June 8, 2010 at 12:20 pm

When people change the rules of the game, you are not obligated to play. If you allow yourself to be walked on and taken advantage of, it’s your own fault.

Sorry, but why would you even be interested in participating? Sounds like you aren’t interested in contintuing relationship with people you have discovered are not friends. So why would you go to the wedding and spend the money they are demanding?

ladycrim June 8, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Why do people assume their request for money will be somehow less offensive if it’s in the form of a cringe-inducing poem?

Fox June 8, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I’m really not sure what to think about the hotel rooms (I’ve never heard of the bride and groom paying for guests’ accommodations beyond sometimes the bridal party, but surely there was a more tactful way to handle this?), but the gimme well poem makes me shudder. If you already have everything, then you’re saying you don’t need any gifts! And if you want to “replace the old with the new” then you’re obligated to suffer your guests’ tastes (or make a registry like a normal gimme couple). In my family we prefer to give gifts that are unique and will be treasured for the lifetime of the marriage, like crystal or other keepsakes, so I would be just as insulted as the OP at being told “Sorry, we don’t want you to pick a gift for us, but please feel free to give us cash!” A gimme well is just as bad as a money tree, sorry.

josie June 8, 2010 at 2:00 pm

They said their day is complete with you as their guest….by all means, write them a little poem, remind them of that and put it with the gift. No need to fill the wishing well. Its really a pretty sad request.

Anon June 8, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I don’t think that it is out of line to ask the guests to pay for their own accomodations, as long as they are not upping the price and making a profit on it. I know that I will probably contact the hotel about a group rate that I can offer to friends and family that are traveling, but I certainly would not be able to fund every guest’s overnight stay. It was tacky to put it in the invite, but it seems to be standard procedure to book a room block and offer it to guests at cost.

On another note, I hate when invitations specify what gift to give. I am all for registries, especially since I don’t know cousin Sally’s particular tasts, but I don’t think that it should be a demand on the invitation, more of a tidbit of information to be passed on at request.

goldilocks June 8, 2010 at 3:00 pm

I got married for the 2nd time, and both my husband and I had full households. So, I did not have any showers (except a small surprise one at work), and if anyone inquired about gifts I said we did not want any. It never occurred to me to ask for donations to help fund the wedding!!! A few friends got us gift cards to local restaurants, but most of our relatives sent best wishes. And it was great.

There are too many people out there that think a wedding should “pay” for itself. You should have the wedding that you can afford. Any gifts you get are just nice.

PrincessSimmi June 8, 2010 at 3:46 pm

@Rosey- your poem is awesome.

This invitation is so blatantly RUDE that I almost feel like I’ve been slapped in the face. What is wrong with people?

gramma dishes June 8, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Rosey — Thanks for the hearty laugh. I reread it and still laughed. You have a talent that you should market as Hallmark’s new “cards to send in response to tacky wedding invitations” category. You’re GOOD!!! ;-)

Me June 8, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Gah, I am so sick of the wedding present issue. My wedding present will be getting to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. Anything else is completely unnecessary. When did weddings stop being about the marriage?

Danielle June 8, 2010 at 6:37 pm

I must respectfully disagree with Sybylla in regards to gift giving. While a gift is a gift, and the giver should always give a gift that is going to be enjoyed by the recipient, the real purpose of gift giving is the joy of giving them. To say that gift givers “motives” are questionable because they want the joy of giving a gift is ludicrous. People are not entitled to get gifts because the get married, have a baby, grow another year older, or put a tree in their house in December. No one is entitled to a gift for any reason. If someone gives you a gift, it is because it made THEM happy to do so. Is it really wrong to feel slighted when your generosity taken advantage of?

My general comment about this horrible display of greed is this: the reason you don’t mention gifts on an invitation is because what you are really saying when you tell someone what to get you is A) I’m entitled so give me something and B) You’re too stupid and tacky to pick something on your own.

RASHEA June 8, 2010 at 6:38 pm

I was picturing the room situation being like renting out a Bed and Breakfast. So, you rent the location and a block of rooms comes with the package (many will require you to take all the rooms). So in that situation, the bride and groom have already paid for the spots, but it still seems reasonable for someone else to pay to stay there. Of course, that does mean that you are helping to pay part of the budget of their wedding and as a result they might get it all at a much cheaper price. Still, that wouldn’t bother me at all.

The poem is bad, and asking for money should be done by word of mouth only, and even then should be done delicately.

Mistress June 8, 2010 at 7:40 pm

…I feel so dorky, but my first thought was “Not only did they beg for money, but they STOLE the poem”.

Amanda June 8, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Hah! I love Rosie’s poem!

I can’t believe they included the line “more than just kisses so far we’ve shared”! Eeps…even if you’ve already “shacked up”, that’s just TMI for a wedding invite!

Patty June 8, 2010 at 10:45 pm

I would’ve RSVP’d “heck no”. That is tacky!

Sybylla June 8, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Danielle, you say the “real purpose of gift giving is the joy of giving them”. IMO, the purpose of giving a gift is to bless someone with something they needed, to thank or reward them for something, or to commemorate a milestone achieved. To give a gift for the purpose of gaining some joy from it seems incredibly selfish to me. However, you did say “the giver should always give a gift that is going to be enjoyed by the recipient”. So if you wanted to give a gift to a couple getting married who didn’t want material possessions due to whatever circumstances, would you still go ahead and purchase a gift? Or would you respect their wishes and give them money to put towards something they actually wanted or needed?

True, nobody is “entitled” to a gift. However, I wouldn’t go to a wedding, birthday, baby shower or even a house warming without bringing a gift for the hosts. I don’t even go to dinner parties without bringing a bottle of wine or some sweets to share. And I never feel my generosity is taken advantage of, because I know should I choose NOT to bring those things, it would be okay as well. I don’t think every bride who dares to mention her gift-giving options is “grabbing”. The way I see it, the general uprising about the wishing well concept and even registries is that it is mentioned on the invite. While that may be “tacky” to some, I just think that is a matter of practicality.

In days gone by, the invitation traditionally omitted mention of gifts, as it was the family and bridal party’s responsibility to spread the word on registries and so on. Today many brides are handling their own weddings, and inviting people who may not even know the couple’s extended family or anyone in the bridal party. So to save time and confusion, the information is included on the invite. I thought etiquette was about being gracious towards others. Which is more gracious – informing guests who wish to give gifts of the bride and groom’s preference, so that their gift will be more appreciated and actually used, or leaving people in the dark and letting them pick out gifts which may or may not needed or ever used?

Britney June 9, 2010 at 12:22 am

What’s worse is she didn’t even put thought into the poem; there’s a list of those online and she copied one word-for-word– go ahead, just type in the first line in Google. Though, I’m sure this was already mentioned.

Caro June 9, 2010 at 4:43 am

My husband and I received a similar invitation once. We didn’t go to the wedding and we sent the couple a gift rather than money… we take the view that weddings are about showing how much you love the couple, not the dollar value!

Bint June 9, 2010 at 8:11 am

Svylla: “Which is more gracious – informing guests who wish to give gifts of the bride and groom’s preference, so that their gift will be more appreciated and actually used, or leaving people in the dark and letting them pick out gifts which may or may not needed or ever used?”

Neither. The gracious option is waiting to tell people what you’d like until you’re asked.

kingshearte June 9, 2010 at 8:32 am

I’m fairly certain that “more than just kisses we’ve shared” is meant to refer to the stuff that they’ve also shared, thus the reason why they don’t need gifts. It had never even occurred to me until a few people mentioned it here to think of it as being a TMI reference.

In any case, I did receive a similar poem in an invite recently, and while it did make me cringe, I don’t think it makes the couple horrible people whose wedding I should snub.

I always have mixed feelings about this sort of request. Because here’s the thing: even if you’re not entitled to gifts just because you’re getting married, the fact remains that most people will provide you with one. If you really truly don’t have any material requirements or desires, I can understand the temptation to say so right up front, otherwise you run the risk of receiving all kinds of things that you don’t need, and maybe can’t use, and who wants to either have superfluous stuff hanging around simply because someone you love gave it to you, or risk upsetting people by donating it?

That said, while I understand the temptation, I wouldn’t (and didn’t) do it. We let our parents know where we were registered, so if anyone asked either us or them, they could be directed, and I don’t think that couples planning their own weddings has to make this system unworkable. If you don’t know the couple’s family, why not ask them directly? Surely they can say something to the effect of, “It’s so sweet of you to ask, but we really don’t need anything.” Most people would probably give money then, so if that’s your hope, mission accomplished, no tacky invitation poems involved.

ferretrick June 9, 2010 at 10:24 am

Rosey – Awesome. Just awesome.

surlychick June 9, 2010 at 10:29 am

If they couldn’t even spell the guest’s name correctly, what’s the point? She could claim that someone else was invited ;-)

Xtina June 9, 2010 at 1:10 pm

On the whole “purpose of giving a gift” debate (Sybylla/Danielle), it is two-fold. You give a gift because you want to, because someone deserves it, you want to commemorate an event, etc. But the upside of giving is that the “return” is to both the giver and the receiver; they both get to feel all warm and fuzzy about it. :-D Does that have to be considered an impure motive??

As to giving money as a gift—I think money is a fine gift! However, in this story (and sadly, many others!) the couple so blatantly asked for it. The assumption that one is entitled to something, to assume a gift from anyone–and then to go so far as to dictate exactly what that is to be based strictly on that assumption–is the faux pas here. Yes, we know that 99.9% of wedding guests are going to bring a gift and sure, it’s not a bad thing to be honest and say what one wants or doesn’t need, but that does not make it proper etiquette to advertise your expectations. If someone ASKS what the couple wants or there is a “grapevine”, so to speak, to where their wishes can be discreetly passed along, then it is fine to say “we have a full house already but monetary gifts towards [something] would be appreciated” should suffice.

Aside from that, I enjoy seeing what special things people had in mind to give. Money may be useful, but one should just enjoy and appreciate receiving any kind of gift. Some of those will be remembered and cherished for far longer than money, even if they initially seem a bit odd.

Lisa June 9, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I always thought that the phrase “no gifts” on the invitation was code for “give money”. I married into the Indian (East as opposed to Native) community, and it is customary for them to give money at weddings and other occasions. I actually find it kind of a blessing for me because I’m always so busy and find it really difficult to drag myself to the store even if there is a gift registry. My MOT, who is a fount of protocol (she is very knowledgable about Indian etiquette) always tells us the right thing to do, the right amount to give, etc. My husband and I live on our own now, so we are expected to receive a separate invitation and give a separate gift, but when we were living in the same house with my in laws, an invitation extended to them was for the household and only one gift was expected from the household (although the fact that it was from more people usually meant we would up the amount accordingly). There should be an Etiquette Hell, Indian edition. We have lots of horror stories based on Indian customs.

jenna June 10, 2010 at 4:45 am

Xtina – I agree about the rudeness of asking outright for money…but then I feel the same way about registries (OK, I suppose, to have them, but not to advertise them unless asked).

But the idea that everyone should just enjoy whatever gift they are given: great in principle. Not so helpful in real life if you’ve got an apartment so stuffed to the gills that you can’t possibly take in any more “stuff”, or you’re like us and you live abroad and have no way to ship, store or carry gifts we receive back to our foreign home. In that case you’re stuck – not because you want to, but because you have to – trying to return all that stuff because you *can’t* keep it.

I do not condone these silly poems, nor am I OK with openly asking for money (or gifts) in any form. I do, however, understand why some people really, really do not want boxed gifts – so if it’s requested that they not be given, I will comply.

Michelle Prieur June 10, 2010 at 9:37 am

Sybylla, what is gracious is to not ask for money or a gift because a wedding doesn’t entitle anyone to either! Rosey, LOVE THE POEM! Kingshearte, while I agree with most of your post, the whining “If you really truly don’t have any material requirements or desires, I can understand the temptation to say so right up front, otherwise you run the risk of receiving all kinds of things that you don’t need, and maybe can’t use, and who wants to either have superfluous stuff hanging around simply because someone you love gave it to you, or risk upsetting people by donating it?” Gifts are just that, gifts. No one is under the obligation to figure out exactly what you want or don’t, what you need or don’t, etc. What is “the risk” involved in receiving gifts you don’t need or “maybe can’t use”???? ONLY THE RISK of someone doing something nice for you! I can “understand the temptation” to pass gas in public too, that doesn’t mean I should do it!

Danielle June 10, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Xtina, you hit the nail on the head. I never said nor intended to say that money could never be a gift, only that it wasn’t appropriate to ask for it in an invitation. Also, the attitude that a person is being selfish for wanting the opportunity to assess for themselves what would be most useful and appreciated by the gift receiver got under my skin. It reeks of entitlement, and says to the receiver’s friends and family that they lack the sense to select a gift (whether that gift be an item, service, or money) that is tasteful.

Whatever happened to just gracefully accepting other’s generosity for what it was with true appreciation?

kingshearte June 11, 2010 at 6:17 am

Michelle, I totally agree with you. I said I understood the temptation; I didn’t say I condoned it, or would (or did) do it.