Wednesday’s Missing Post

by admin on May 5, 2011

There was no post yesterday and very few submitted comments approved for publication throughout the day.  My family and I were distracted dealing with the unexpected, but peaceful, death of a beloved family pet.  Ginger appeared in a previous “Feel Good Friday” video and was the kindest, gentlest, most empathetic, sweet-natured animal I have ever met.  My family has been exceedingly privileged to have been the caretakers of such a fine companion and we miss her very much.

To those few individuals who had the audacity to privately comment to me their presumptive suspicions of my engaging in nefarious reasons for not approving their comments in a timely fashion yesterday, I have relegated you to a fate worse than deletion of comment.   I have added you to the blog’s spam filter.  Deletion is for a moment but the spam filter is forever.

Merrilee May 5, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I am very sorry to hear of your loss… it is difficult to lose a beloved family member and my heart goes out to your and your family.

Chrysla May 5, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Much sorrow and sadness – my prayers and thoughts of peace go to you. Having pets is a joy – but in order to have that joy, there is the price of sadness at their passing in the end. I, however, wouldn’t have it any other way.

On another note – it is interesting the juxtapositions of the two recent posts. Death of terrorist and death of dog. One bringing such mixed emotions, joy, hatred, closure, and the other bringing very definite responses appropriate to grieving.

I am sorry the admin had to deal with people thinking their opinion was the end all be all and that even though the rules were clearly stated, felt the need to violate policy and then complain about it. For the Christians out there that feel joy, elation, and happiness at Bin Laden’s assassination, I present the following from Romans 12, verses 14-21:

14 Bless those who hurt you. Bless them, and do not call down curses on them.
15 Be joyful with those who are joyful. Be sad with those who are sad.
16 Agree with each other. Don’t be proud. Be willing to be a friend of people who aren’t considered important. Don’t think that you are better than others.
17 Don’t pay back evil with evil. Be careful to do what everyone thinks is right.
18 If possible, live in peace with everyone. Do that as much as you can.
19 My friends, don’t try to get even. Leave room for God to show his anger. It is written, “I am the One who judges people. I will pay them back,”—(Deuteronomy 32:35) says the Lord.
20 Do just the opposite. Scripture says, “If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. By doing those things, you will pile up burning coals on their heads.” —(Proverbs 25:21,22)
21 Don’t let evil overcome you. Overcome evil by doing good.

dawbs May 5, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I’m sorry about Ginger. I”m glad she had a good life w/ people who loved her.

HockeyNut May 5, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Admin,
I am so sorry for the loss of Ginger. It amazes me how deep these furry (and feathered) friends can burrow into our hearts. After the tears I hope your memories of your time together always bring a smile.

Claire May 5, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss.

Grape May 5, 2011 at 3:17 pm

What a sweet face! I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s never easy to lose a member of your family.

Kate May 5, 2011 at 3:17 pm

My sympathies for your loss!

EMily May 5, 2011 at 3:18 pm

so sorry for your current heartache, but so glad that such a sweet looking dog had such a good family

Nell Jean May 5, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Ginger was a sweetie. We’re privileged to have them for a time and blessed with memories. I am so sorry for your loss.

Threepenny May 5, 2011 at 3:27 pm

My sympathies on the loss of your pet. I know how devastating it can be.

BB-VA May 5, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Sorry for the loss of your family member (dogs are, despite the extra fur and feet, part of the family).

Sending you healing thoughts!!

Twik May 5, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I’m so sorry. What a beautiful dog!

Margaret May 5, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Ginger looks like a wonderful dog.

Clever.name May 5, 2011 at 3:37 pm

My sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved pet. She looks just as you describe, very sweet and gentle. I hope your family finds peace in the happy memories you all shared together.

Enna May 5, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Sorry to hear about your pet.

Alice May 5, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Everybody with a heart grieves with you. You were right to delete those thoughtless souls who so eagerly jumped to conclusions.

Amanda Kate May 5, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I’m so sorry. There’s no better best friend than a dog.

Ellen May 5, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I love your website and look forward to it every day for a pick-me-up. I received some bad news today regarding my best friend’s husband, then opened your e-mail and read your post about your lovely dog, Ginger. Watching Ginger in your “Feel Good Friday” video made me feel better, so I’m very glad that you added that to your message. My condolences to you and your family–our pets always take a very special place in our hearts.

Iris May 5, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I’m so sorry for the loss of your beautiful pet.

Sarah May 5, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m sure your family was as lucky to have Ginger as she was to have you.

Rachel May 5, 2011 at 4:11 pm

What a sweet face. I’m so sorry.

Weez May 5, 2011 at 4:18 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. I’d just watched that “Feel Good Friday” video the other day and admired your gorgeous pets. I hope the happy memories will eventually help you through your grieving.

Carrolyn May 5, 2011 at 4:28 pm

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Ginger. She will live in your heart forever. May all your memories of her soon replace your tears with smiles.

Meegs May 5, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I’m so sorry for you and your family. It is so hard to loose a beloved pet. They never even said anything and yet they were so much a part of your life.

Diana May 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Ginger looks like such a sweet dog! I’m so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family!

Harley Granny May 5, 2011 at 4:44 pm

So sorry for your loss.
It’s always so hard to say goodbye to our furry family members.

David May 5, 2011 at 4:57 pm

My sincere condolences on the loss of your friend and companion.

Katrina May 5, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Sorry for your loss. Please know you are in my thoughts during this tough time.

Wulfie May 5, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I am so sorry for your loss! :(

Allison May 5, 2011 at 5:18 pm

So sorry for your loss. She looks like a kind soul… it’s so difficult to lose a member of the family.

Timothy May 5, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I apologize for your loss. I have lost pets in the past, and will lose more in the future, and I know that it is never easy. And even moreso, I am sorry for the posters who were so eager to get their messages approved that they intruded on your time of mourning.

--Lia May 5, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Dog lovers know that the grief we feel when a beloved dog dies is in a category by itself, unlike any other. I’m so sorry to hear the bad news.

As for the spam filter, I don’t know what they said wrong. I don’t want to know. I do wish more site administrators would take the brave action you have.

Lynda May 5, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Jillybean May 5, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Aww – what a sweet looking dog. I’m sure she was a cherished part of the family and will be missed. As for those you banished – good for you!

Sharon May 5, 2011 at 5:58 pm

What a sweet fur baby!
I am so sorry for your loss. But, I am so glad that Ginger lived a life with people who loved her. I know you made her a happy puppy.

I love her smile in that photo!!!

MinAvi May 5, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your lovelly fluffy companion. She looks beautiful.

And I am sorry that in your time of greif you had to deal with such insensitive people.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Nellop May 5, 2011 at 6:08 pm

That’s truly awful, I am so sorry.
What a beautiful dog she was.

Mom2PBJ May 5, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I’m so sorry for the loss of your furry family member. She has crossed the Rainbow Bridge and will be waiting, the ever-faithful companion I’m sure she was.

Zhoen May 5, 2011 at 6:19 pm

The animals who live with us become the souls of our homes. My condolences on your loss.

I am also sorry that some of our fellow human beings lacked courtesy and patience, assuming it was all about them. You didn’t need that as well.

RMMuir May 5, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I’m really sorry to hear about this. Losing a pet is more difficult than people anticipate. :(

Anonymous May 5, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Aww, what a cutie…..I’m sorry for your loss too.

Rain May 5, 2011 at 7:05 pm

My sympathies for your loss.

MERUNCC13 May 5, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pet {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Veronica May 5, 2011 at 7:24 pm

(((hugs))) I’m so sorry for your loss.

Laura May 5, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I am sorry to read about the loss of your furry friend.

Tribaldancer May 5, 2011 at 7:37 pm

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful fur baby. RIP Ginger

Rhonda Beall May 5, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I am so very sorry! (((((((hugs))))))) Many people were very kind to me on this site when I lost my doggy.

Alison May 5, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I’m sorry for your loss. I will always miss Maggie, my childhood dog.

MyFamily May 5, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. May you and the rest of your family find comfort in your memories of Ginger soon.

LilyG May 5, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I am so sorry about Ginger’s passing. It always hurts. Please take some time for yourself these coming weeks.