News:

• February 22, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
**** OP Here! ****

Thank you everyone for your feed back.

I definitely did sell back all the books I could. What I have left were the ones I wanted to keep and those I could not sell back.

I am going to keep about 4 books and bring those to work. I think I can use them and I think my coworkers might be able to use them as well, if they want. The rest I will recycle or donate. I plan to keep a couple note books from 2 classes that I feel really apply to what I am working on now and recycle the rest. I am happy to be getting that box out of my house.

IRL I have had multiple people say to me "You always keep your books! You never know when you might need them!". That's why I was hesitant to get rid of them in the first place.

I will admit I enjoyed going back through my notebooks. Brought back fond memories of classes and professors I enjoyed. I found a notebook from undergrad where a friend and I (who were in the same Freshman English class) passed the notebook back and forth and were writing notes to each other about a drunken night the previous weekend. I totally forgot about it but it made me laugh.  I also found an in-class lab project worksheet that I kept because I worked with my crush on it and he wrote notes on it and drew a few little cartoons on it for me while we waited for others to finish. That brought a smile to my face as well. And yes I stalked him on facebook after!  :P
The PD story about the tissue box in the NotAlwaysWorking website made me laugh.

Sorry, but I can't link. Hopefully someone else can link it.
I have a friend, a retired English teacher, who was very bothered by a sign she passed everyday that said "Common areas of the building are a smoke-free zone." Something about the plural and the singular.

No, no, NO! Who wrote that monstrosity?

It should be " Common areas of the building are smoke-free zones."

HR put up a sign in our office (full of editors) that said, "Please do not wear fragrances to work. There are people that are sensitive to smells."
Life...in general / Re: Certified letters
« Last post by cinnamonroll on Today at 08:42:25 AM »
I've never had the postal employee bring me any mail when they're delivering a "regular" box in the mail or certified letter, except 1 lady because she knew I was home most of the time.  She would tuck the letters under the box.  On the other hand, I had a package delivered yesterday by someone who must have been subcontracted out by UPS.  He wore a UPS, but not the rest of the uniform, nor did he have a UPS truck.  I could see him putting the box on the porch and then he took a picture of the box on my porch.
Time For a Coffee Break! / Re: Special Snowflakes Redux - play nice!
« Last post by rose red on Today at 08:29:14 AM »
Or at least set up a throwaway account for random uses like this.

I wouldn't even do this. It will still be the OP's account and like the PP, I don't think it's a good idea to have access to somebody else's documents, especially legal docs.

If you're going out of your way anyway, I'm not sure why you didn't simply help him open yet another email account under his name in gmail or yahoo or another free service. They even have security questions for when he forgets his password next time.
Darn.  It's not the same band.  Too bad for you!  You'd have had 4 lovely different coloured bands for the cost of shipping them to you.  LOL
Time For a Coffee Break! / Re: What's for Dinner?
« Last post by ladyknight1 on Today at 07:42:31 AM »
Loaded cheeseburger stacks.
I had a cold a couple weeks ago during which I got all kinds of congested.  I went in to the doctor's office earlier this week for a nebulizer treatment to help get my lungs cleared now.

Well, apparently now my head has decided it no longer wants to be any kind of congested, as I can feel my sinuses draining through my ears and nose.  When I breathe in through my nose, I actually feel air moving in through my left ear.  It's not at all painful or uncomfortable, just annoying.
When you buy something new and fun, but won't actually get it right away. I bought a new ipad, and had it sent to my mom's. Had I known it was going to ship same day, and overnight, i would have had it sent to to me at work, but I didn't know that until after I purchased, as it only said "free expedited shipping" which can mean anything!

It arrived yesterday, but I can't get it until Saturday. waaaaaah.
Smooth Operator:

And that is DH! I ran out of frozen fruit for my morning smoothies and couldn't get to the store to get more. Last night Dh came to the rescue and bought 10 small bags to brighen my morning.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10