News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 16, 2018, 05:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Time For a Coffee Break! / Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Last post by WolfWay on Today at 05:36:30 AM »
Student in one of my classes this semester: Scotland.

Unusual, but I think I like it.

This is my little cousin's middle name. Her name is Paislee Scotland Lastname. Her daddy's middle name is Scott, so that's where that comes from.

My little granddaughter has a similar name...itís Scotia.
Is that pronounced "skoteeya" or "skosha"?
Family and Children / Re: Who did you tell about your pregnancy & when?
« Last post by velly j on Today at 05:21:48 AM »

Well, sometimes threads drift. Also, as the whole point of thread was to decide when to let people know, the possibility of something going wrong is kind of inherent in that whole debate. Obviously, I wish the OP a very happy, healthy and uneventful pregnancy, but the thread drifted into less pleasant happenings. I find your admonishment out of place.
Techno-quette / Re: "Welcome to our restaurant. I Googled your name"
« Last post by athersgeo on Today at 04:20:02 AM »
I have to admit, having had this done to me, I was extremely creeped out - in my case it was done by a B&B I was staying in for no other reason than they were curious nosy about who their guests were, and they admitted as much, when they told me.

That was over ten years ago now, and it still makes me feel skeevy that they did it.
« Last post by Addy on Today at 03:33:42 AM »
Student in one of my classes this semester: Scotland.

Unusual, but I think I like it.

This is my little cousin's middle name. Her name is Paislee Scotland Lastname. Her daddy's middle name is Scott, so that's where that comes from.

My little granddaughter has a similar name...itís Scotia.
Life...in general / Re: Guess I don't look classy enough!
« Last post by Lynda_34 on Today at 03:13:33 AM »
I was looking for living room furniture.  My daughter and I had been cleaning and fixing up my classroom and stopped to look at living room sets.  Was totally ignored by all the sale reps, even when I  asked for help.  A woman sales rep as I was leaving if I had found everything I was interested in.  I was very honest with how I had been ignored and and she took the time  to show me the sets I had been looking at and discussed the pros and cons of each set.  My children and i went to church on Sunday.  Obviously dressed very differently that from cleaning a classroom.  Stopped in and the salesmen couldn't leave us alone. The saleswoman wasn't there.  I was told she'd be in around 1 pm.  I aid, "OK kids we're going to lunch.  Came back at 1 pm, she was there and clinched at $5000 sale.  I paid cash and got a $500 discount for paying cash.
Techno-quette / Re: "Welcome to our restaurant. I Googled your name"
« Last post by Collakat on Today at 02:45:41 AM »
I don't think the restaurants are acting unethically by reviewing information in public domain although it may feel intrusive. This is really only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to targeted marketing. Everything in public domain is used extensively by companies to analyse online behaviour and target ads based thereon. It is only going to increase / get worse in the future.

Intrusion of privacy is becoming a bigger problem as is with opting in/out. Every person should manage their public profile with this in mind. Update your privacy settings and google yourself periodically. Understand the privacy laws in your area and your rights. That is the best advice I can give.

Life...in general / Re: S/O of Did I wait too long? -- I'm here!!
« Last post by Lynda_34 on Today at 02:36:43 AM »
My children used to do this.  I was always distracted and ran late.  I caught on to them but never called them out on it.  Worked for all of us.
« Last post by Aleko on Today at 01:09:21 AM »
There's no town called "Paislee" in Scotland. There's a town called Paisley (where paisley shawls come from) but that is pronounced differently, with the stress on the first syllable only. 
Please take the medical advice to PM. I'd hate to see this thread get locked.
Gardening / Re: Mel Has Fun With Aquaponics
« Last post by RevMaxx on Yesterday at 11:40:17 PM »
and for Mel your  pics !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10