News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 04:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Time For a Coffee Break! / Re: Baby Names - You're kidding Right???
« Last post by pwv on Yesterday at 11:59:38 PM »
Cyleigh    (Kylie ?)
Jiyell     (Jill ?)
Bayli   
Time For a Coffee Break! / Re: Take care of the family
« Last post by Mouse Isa on Yesterday at 09:02:24 PM »
I say, if you try doing things for the sake of looking good and not for happiness, you'd be in a bad time.  Being a SAHM by choice because it makes you happy, then continue onward.
Time For a Coffee Break! / Re: Before we go
« Last post by TootsNYC on Yesterday at 08:57:35 PM »
Quite frankly, I have learned from this board:

Many posters here are super sensitive and seem to obsess over very minor things/incidents/slights....I think many of the commentators here would be much happier if they lightened up quite a bit.

Or, sometimes people are just bringing an etiquette question to pick apart and hash over simply because they come here a lot and want to contribute. Or this is their hobby, so they want to talk about it, even if they aren't all that upset about it.
Time For a Coffee Break! / Re: Before we go
« Last post by TootsNYC on Yesterday at 08:56:13 PM »
I've learned I would like to have TootsNYC on retainer.  ;D Her advice is so well thought out and almost always makes me say "Why didn't I think of that?!" And even on the rare occassion I don't agree, I like hearing her perspective.

Going to miss this board!

Aww, thanks!

I am going to try out the new boards and see which one lasts. Maybe we'll run into one another!
When did Twitter start requiring phone numbers in order to finish the process off joining?
Time For a Coffee Break! / FanimeCon2018!
« Last post by Mouse Isa on Yesterday at 07:45:36 PM »
Who's going and what're your plans while there?
 ;D
« Last post by ooh.boo on Yesterday at 07:37:37 PM »
How are Emerson, Hadley, Joella, Kinsley, or Grady bad names?
Life...in general / Re: How to approach neighbor?
« Last post by Anonymous on Yesterday at 06:14:55 PM »
Neighbor,
I have you asked you multiple times to please refrain from leaving fecal matter at the shared entrance to our homes.  If this issue does not resolve quickly, I will be forced to escalate my concern to management.
-Siamesecat

Or just contact them now.
« Last post by EllenS on Yesterday at 05:48:38 PM »
I'm not sure if you were just copy/pasting the list as a whole, or if you really think Emerson, Harper, and Paisley are extremely unusual names?

Naming children (particularly girls) after their mother's maiden name or another family surname has been quite a common practice in my area for generations. And it's certainly been extended in the last 20-30 years to include using surnames as first names, even without a personal connection.

I've known Bo's all my life, including some well-known athletes. I'm personally acquainted with at least 2 adult Bo's in my social circle  now, just off the top of my head. "Beau" used to be a more common spelling, but the shorter version is about evenly matched in men under 50, and far more common the younger they get.

Then again, I also know a man in his 80's whose given name is Peaches. So perhaps we just have a history around here of appreciating lateral thinking.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10