News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 12, 2017, 12:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Breakfast Potluck  (Read 875 times)

Runningstar

Re: Breakfast Potluck
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 05:41:18 AM »
I would take bacon strips.  Easy, and there won't be any leftover.

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 06:02:40 AM »
If you think the crowd would understand & appreciate it, you could go Middle Eastern. A common breakfast is a feta-type cheese, olives, and crusty bread, like a French baguette, or a flat bread. Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers are often served.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

POF

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 10:23:26 AM »
I was thinking yogurt and granola.  A couple large tubs of plain, some granola and a small squeeze bottle of honey. Small cups ( keep servings small ) and some spoons. 

Hmmmmm

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 04:21:56 PM »
What would you bring to a breakfast potluck?

The easy/obvious things on the signup sheet are already taken (juice, fruit, doughnuts, muffins, breakfast casserole, paper goods)

Any ideas welcome! Thanks.
The major thing I see missing is coffee.

I also think having something that is not carb focused would be good. Most breakfast casseroles are bread or potato heavy. You could do a ham, broccoli and cheese frittata. They sit and travel well and can be served at room temp if you don't have a way to keep it warm during transport. There is also a baked oatmeal casserole on the foodnetwork site. I've made it and served with yogurt.

Cleargleam

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 05:19:32 PM »
I was thinking yogurt and granola.  A couple large tubs of plain, some granola and a small squeeze bottle of honey. Small cups ( keep servings small ) and some spoons.

If you go this route, Chinet 9 oz tumblers would be about perfect.  They hold about 7 oz of yogurt, and a spoonful of granola and/or honey. 

I offered this for a hospitality room once, and while I didn't get many takers, it was an easy thing to put out.  Just put the container in a bowl of ice, and have a couple of small ladles to serve the yogurt and the granola. 

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 05:38:30 PM »
The major thing I see missing is coffee.

I believe coffee and creamer have been claimed, I didn't think to mention it.

rose red

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »
How about make your own breakfast sandwiches? English muffins or regular bread or wrap, scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, sliced tomatoes, cheese. Eggs and meat may need to kept warm somehow, though I don't mind food that's no longer piping hot.

Or just all those ingredients for a regular egg scramble. I don't know what a breakfast casserole is so I don't know if that's too similar to a scramble.

Also a thought. Breakfast doesn't have to be "breakfast" foods or it can be a mix, like chicken and waffles.

Harriet Jones

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:29 PM »
A breakfast casserole can have many things in it, it's usually eggs, cheese, and other things: maybe bread, potatoes, sausage, spinach, etc.

Visiting Crazy Town

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 03:25:41 PM »
fruit salad

Harriet Jones

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!  Unfortunately, the potluck was cancelled due to illness in the instructor's family.