« Last post by PastryGoddess on Today at 12:01:25 AM »
It's time for the encore performance of the Song of Her People and NO ONE IS LISTENING TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE
November is "Write An Unexpected Thank You Note" Month on Ehell! Be thinking of a person deserving of your previously unsaid gratitude and send a note in November.
When my middle daughter will be out from school for a few months with her medical issues, she is hoping to continue remotely with her regular classes, skyping when possible. Yes, we have already talked with the teachers.You might check with your district's IT department especially the campus CITS if they have one.
What I was wondering, it would be cool if she had a webcam attached to the tablet she'll be using, that she can control that would allow her to follow the teacher. Can anyone tell me what to look for, or recommend a brand that is reliable but not terribly expensive?
We recently got a Costco membership after not having one for some years. When we had one before, it was in Phoenix, and I assumed that the horrible behavior (pushing carts, shoving in front of people, letting kids run free to destroy displays) was in part due to the large number of people that crammed into a Costco on any given Saturday. We've moved into a much smaller city, and nope, it seems that Costco has some sort of ray beamed around the store that completely eliminates any sort of brain function:
- A group of 5 people who stopped immediately inside the front doors, in front of the carts, to have a lengthy conversation and gave stink eye to anyone who dared approach
- After I had managed to pull a cart by going around to the side of them, and was waiting to navigate around them as well as the people exiting the store, another couple managed to get a cart and shoved my cart out of the way so they could get inside first
- The parents who were loosely shepherding a flock of 5 or 6 kids through the store, who stopped at every single sample station and allowed the kids to swarm around, pushing in front of people and grabbing as many samples as they could while the parents looked on indulgently
- The people who stop dead in the middle of aisles to check a phone, reconsider their direction, whatever
- The people who whip out of the side aisles, completely oblivious to the fact that there were any other people in the store
And more. Ugh, Costco, is it even worth it? My eye twitch has started up again.
I refuse to go into Costco on the evenings and weekends. Morning to early afternoon seems to be a lot better.