Author Topic: Policy for when there are issues with posters?  (Read 42969 times)

EduardosGirl

• He's thinking about you right now...
Re: Policy for when there are issues with posters?
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »

Yes, I remember Indian-In-Law.  'Nuff said.

;)

Yeah she was confusing!

I think she was before my time but I went back and read some of her threads. Not thrilling.

But was she banned for starting/participating in a flame war with another board?

SiotehCat

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2011, 07:56:08 AM »
Can someone please PM me and tell me who they think CherryRipe was? I am clueless there too.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2011, 07:57:59 AM »
Can someone please PM me and tell me who they think CherryRipe was? I am clueless there too.

I'd appreciate one, too.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2011, 08:03:10 AM »
CherryRipe was the reincarnation of FreakyFemme and I believe she had one other name as well.
Wherever you go.... there you are.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2011, 08:03:24 AM »

Yes, I remember Indian-In-Law.  'Nuff said.

;)

Yeah she was confusing!

I think she was before my time but I went back and read some of her threads. Not thrilling.

But was she banned for starting/participating in a flame war with another board?

I didn't even realized she was banned till someone else had mentioned it months later.  I just thought she ran out of nonsense to post about. 

I never saw those flame wars.

bobsyouruncle

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2011, 08:10:29 AM »
yeah I remember posters talking about IndianInLaw - she tried to flame the fires of a "war" that wasn't THEN came back to brag about it - pretty dumb if you ask me!

Spoder

« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2011, 08:12:44 AM »
CherryRipe was the reincarnation of FreakyFemme and I believe she had one other name as well.

Ooh, interesting! I wasn't around in the FreakyFemme days - I just thought CR was a poster with bad interpersonal and communication skills.

How did anyone figure out the connection between CR and FF? Is it and IP address thing, or what?

Oxymoroness

• I have a PhD in Crazy Math
    • Wrightbrain Design
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2011, 08:15:52 AM »
I've had more than my share of drama recently- a friend of mine joked that he would NEVER go see a movie made of the last couple years- since nobody would believe it.  However, the vast majority of stuff I haven't posted- I'm ticked enough that it happened in the first place, and I don't want to rehash it, KWIM?  Which is why I personally get the spideysenses tingling when there seems to be a pattern of super-quick posting. 

OTOH, I am very guilty of leaving out details, genderbending on occasion, changing the cake from chocolate to carrot, for the sake of anonymity and hoping I don't get "found".  I mean, I have been "reverse found" by ehellions in the past, but so far so good on RL people "finding" me here, if that makes sense.

Tai, you've been through plenty and sadly, I also have more "stranger truth than fiction" stories myself. Sometimes it's kept me from posting too.  :-\

flo

• used to be re-moe
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2011, 08:16:06 AM »
Wow, so NEW was a troll.  I kind of thought her pregnancy story was unusual but does that mean everything she posted about was untrue?

She and I PMed a bit and I felt like she had such a great understanding of navigating life with a disability.  I felt like she really knew where I was coming from with figuring things out for teaching my DD to be both safe and polite.  How does someone fake that?

I am really hurt and feel like a total idiot.

If someone has more information about her and the truth, could they please PM me?

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »

Ooh, interesting! I wasn't around in the FreakyFemme days - I just thought CR was a poster with bad interpersonal and communication skills.

How did anyone figure out the connection between CR and FF? Is it and IP address thing, or what?

FF's profile had her e-mail listed, which, when googled, led to the information online.  Had CR not posted such continuous nonsense, she probably would have gotten by with it, but their posting styles and quantities were similar enough to raise eyebrows, and from there it was easy.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2011, 09:05:39 AM »
Wow, so NEW was a troll.  I kind of thought her pregnancy story was unusual but does that mean everything she posted about was untrue?

She and I PMed a bit and I felt like she had such a great understanding of navigating life with a disability.  I felt like she really knew where I was coming from with figuring things out for teaching my DD to be both safe and polite.  How does someone fake that?

I am really hurt and feel like a total idiot.

If someone has more information about her and the truth, could they please PM me?

Trolls don't always post lies. They can be very smart and savvy, with some good advice. That's why people get taken in so well.

This is news to me, too, and I remember FreakyFemme! :-[ :P
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

LadyL

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2011, 09:15:14 AM »
I found the thread where I asked a medical forum about NEW. I know it's the internet but personally I believed their take on it and thought that Aura's interpretation was probably in the ballpark of the truth.

http://crass-pollination-forum.2287843.n4.nabble.com/Malingerer-td3412394.html

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2011, 09:17:10 AM »
I have an excellent in-person BS detector but apparently, it doesn't work on-line.

Part of it is that I'm so uncreative that I can't imagine making up these stories.  But I don't think I get as invested as some because I am not a very empathetic person.  Don't get me wrong; when the excrement hits the fan, I'm there for friends and family but my feelings don't get very involved.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Spoder

« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
I found the thread where I asked a medical forum about NEW. I know it's the internet but personally I believed their take on it and thought that Aura's interpretation was probably in the ballpark of the truth.

http://crass-pollination-forum.2287843.n4.nabble.com/Malingerer-td3412394.html

Wow, that's fascinating. Thanks for posting it.

TychaBrahe

• Super Hero!
  • Defend the mother closet!
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2011, 09:22:40 AM »
I just wish "calling shenanigans" wasn't so serious.  It reminds me of the scene in South Park's "Cow Days" episode where Kyle tells Officer Barbrady that he wants to call shenanigans on the carnival operator.

It's so CUTE.
"Brownies and kindness for all!"  High Dudgeon