Author Topic: Restaurant Owner Publically Calls Out Adam Sandler for Lack of Payment  (Read 5669 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Restaurant Owner Publically Calls Out Adam Sandler for Lack of Payment
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »
I say rude, because the sign is not true.  Adam Sandler did not eat at the resturant and not pay his bill, he didn't dine and dash, which is what the sign seems to allege.

I think the BBQ owner knows he doesn't have much to stand on in court.  Someone mentions 2 BBQs in the upcoming week, but doesn't make a deposit or sign a contract? It sounds like the person mentioning the BBQs is perhaps not the person who makes those orders, and the BBQ owner was interested in the business and "overlooked" those details.

This. The business owner is handling things very foolishly.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

LEMon

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 07:17:29 PM »
My question to the owner is, "so why didn't you call your previous contact person to get all the info you would need to cater these two events?"  To purchase food with no mention of when 'next week' they want the food, or any details, doesn't make the business owner sound professional.  Surely he has had people say, "we will use you for X" and then he never hears from them again? 

Sounds like the owner got dollar signs in his eyes and bought the food with no further details.  That is his problem, and no one elses.

Hearing of his story and his sign, I see his sign as a lie and himself as foolish.

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 07:22:58 PM »
I say rude, because the sign is not true.  Adam Sandler did not eat at the resturant and not pay his bill, he didn't dine and dash, which is what the sign seems to allege.

I think the BBQ owner knows he doesn't have much to stand on in court.  Someone mentions 2 BBQs in the upcoming week, but doesn't make a deposit or sign a contract? It sounds like the person mentioning the BBQs is perhaps not the person who makes those orders, and the BBQ owner was interested in the business and "overlooked" those details.

This. The business owner is handling things very foolishly.

Pod.  If Adam Sandler never dealt personally with the business, then this is not only rude, but has potential bad legal consequences for the business as well.  That doesn't indicate good management.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

Tia2

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 05:12:25 PM »
I think that the chance of an A-list movie star (which I think Adam Sandler is, even though I can't stand his movies) dealing with the catering for a location shoot is approximately zero.

Therefore, this is untrue and libellous (accusing him of a crime he clearly hasn't committed since even if he did personally book all support staff for his films, surely the owner's resentment is because AS didn't eat there and therefore there was left over food).

If the restaurant owner behaved like this in regard to the first catering contract, I'm not surprised he wasn't re-booked!