Author Topic: To The Residents Of Yellowknife NWT  (Read 1666 times)

Millionaire Maria

• Truth and Happiness create each other.
To The Residents Of Yellowknife NWT
« on: July 08, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »
Thank you for being so patient, friendly, and kind to my friend Sophia, my son, and I when we came to visit earlier this week. No one honked when we were driving slow and unsure of our route. Other drivers waved us into traffic when we were exitting parking lots. Thank you to the lady walking her dog for giving us directions and to the RCMP officers and press who advised us on the best place to stand during the royal public appearance. Thank you to Debbie and all the other people who stood behind us in the crowd and made sure no one pressed forward too forcefully. And thanks to them as well for helping me with my son when the crowd got big enough that maneuvering became difficult. There was a woman who held a blanket for me while I nursed Dandy, two young girls who rocked his stroller while he was napping, and a whole lot of people who complimented us and kept us all entertained during the long wait. There were others who stood up for us when over excited members of the crowd tried to hone in on our spots. Those same people kept Sophia from being inadvertently knocked off of the bench she was on. Still others allowed Sophia to balance her camera on their heads and shoulders, which in turn produced some incredible zoomed in pictures.

The people of Yellowknife may have been the nicest people I've ever encountered. It was a long drive, but the experience was worth it. Thank you.
People everywhere enjoy believing in things they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know. –Brooks Atkinson

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: To The Residents Of Yellowknife NWT
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »
Great to hear! Where did you drive from and did you get to see Will and Kate?

Millionaire Maria

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »
We drove from Rainbow Lake, which is only a few hours off the boarder, but I've been here for seven years and this is the first time I've gone to the NWTs. And yes, we did get to see them both. Sophia got a hand shake from Kate and Dandy got a little stomach tickle. Both of them were lovely.
People everywhere enjoy believing in things they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know. –Brooks Atkinson

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 07:34:36 PM »
So jealous!!

Millionaire Maria

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:41:52 AM »
It was a really wonderful experience sparksals. I feel so lucky that we went. Of all the places that the Royal Couple visited in Canada, Yellowknife was probably the best place to go and see them. The crowd was so small compared to the other cities.

And here's a picture just to prove the Duchess touched my son. hehe

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:53:59 PM »
Awesome!
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.