Author Topic: Rude of them to attempt this?  (Read 10848 times)

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
Re: Rude of them to attempt this?
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »
There are people on this thread saying it was just an accident, as far as I can tell with no real responsibility at all being assigned. There are other people who certainly seem to be saying that all responsibility lies with the people in charge of the range, not with the Mythbusters.

The people on this board can say whatever they like.  Your earlier post insinuated that the Mythbusters themselves were not taking responsibility, which is what I was responding to because it is completely and utterly untrue.

Can you please quote where you think I did that? I have no actual knowledge as to whether the MBs took personal responsibility for this accident, but I assume they did. I have never intended to talk about their assumption of responsibility, only the assigning of responsibility by people in this thread.

Here:

I think the Mythbusters are responsible, too. If you're firing a weapon you shouldn't just rely on what someone else says is safe. You're responsible for what happens when the projectile leaves the barrel. If you don't want that responsibility, don't fire the weapon.

I refuse to engage with you any more, as I do not want the thread derailed by side arguments.

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: Rude of them to attempt this?
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
If you choose not to engage, then don't engage. Just don't announce it.

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.