Author Topic: Generous beer store guy  (Read 1346 times)

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
Generous beer store guy
« on: July 11, 2007, 08:29:05 PM »
Last month I was on my way to a weekend music festival and stopped at two different beverage stores to stock up on beer. My friends and I don't get sloppy drunk at these festivals, but beer is a big part of them -- we stay up late and sing/play music, and drink beer. We camp, so driving isn't an issue.

I was also hoping to find a small bottle opener I could carry around. It seems that a couple of years ago, all beverage stores had an assortment of small and inexpensive openers by the register. For some reason, they have all disappeared!

I asked at the second store and the young fellow who waited on me said they didn't have any, "but I know where I can get you one." I figured they had some in the back room that were on their way back to the wholesaler.

He hands me a little opener with the Guinness logo, and it takes me a minute to realize he had taken it off his OWN KEYRING.

Me: Oh, no, I can't take your personal opener. What will you use?
Him (holds up key ring which still has a grogundous stainless-steel bottle opener attached): Trust me, I won't go without!

I drank many toasts to Generous Beer Store Guy that weekend! As did my friends who appreciated being spared my constant requests for an opener!
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

IndianInlaw

• Super Hero!
Re: Generous beer store guy
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:56:07 AM »
If  anyone is looking for one of their own...point them in the direction of the nearest college town. ;)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 11:48:38 PM »
That is really sweet...
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 03:18:27 AM »

That was really nice of him  :)

Finding goodness on the way to a music festival is so wonderful.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem