News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 04, 2016, 12:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What would you pick?  (Read 934 times)

Thipu1

Re: What would you pick?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 11:06:18 AM »
Do the cruise probably eastern Caribbean.  You love cruises as you said and they are basically moving all inclusive resorts so you can do and see a variety

I would also suggest Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.  If one of the ports is St. Maartin, you might want to take a taxi and go out to Maho Beach and the Sunset Bar.  This is right next to Princess Julianna Airport and, because the beach is at the end of the runway, the planes come in literally right over your head.  The bar also has radios which provide transmissions between the pilots and the tower.  The experience is surreal and the food at the Sunset Bar is quite good. 

Labadee is nice if you don't make the turn beyond the big indoor market.  The road down to the other beach is like running a gantlet of very aggressive vendors.  For most people, it isn't a pleasant experience. Remember, Labadee is part of Haiti and the country is dead poor.  Locals are desperate to make some money and you can't blame them if they try a bit too hard to sell things. 

The problem with all-inclusive resorts is that you are isolated from the real experience of the people who live and work there. Learning what these islands are really like can be a shock.     

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
Do the cruise probably eastern Caribbean.  You love cruises as you said and they are basically moving all inclusive resorts so you can do and see a variety

I would also suggest Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.  If one of the ports is St. Maartin, you might want to take a taxi and go out to Maho Beach and the Sunset Bar.  This is right next to Princess Julianna Airport and, because the beach is at the end of the runway, the planes come in literally right over your head.  The bar also has radios which provide transmissions between the pilots and the tower.  The experience is surreal and the food at the Sunset Bar is quite good. 

Labadee is nice if you don't make the turn beyond the big indoor market.  The road down to the other beach is like running a gantlet of very aggressive vendors.  For most people, it isn't a pleasant experience. Remember, Labadee is part of Haiti and the country is dead poor.  Locals are desperate to make some money and you can't blame them if they try a bit too hard to sell things. 

The problem with all-inclusive resorts is that you are isolated from the real experience of the people who live and work there. Learning what these islands are really like can be a shock.     

For those of you who stop in St. Maarten, there is a perfume maker on that side of the island where you can make your own perfume.  They have a 1.5 hour mini lesson and a 3 hour full lesson.  It's really fun. 
Maryland

rigs32

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 10:50:15 AM »
I would recommend that you upgrade from the free classic drink package to the premium.  It was so nice to have mineral water with dinner and to grab a large bottle of water as you left to go ashore in port and not have to pay. 

We found that the hub of pre-dinner social activity on my one Celebrity cruise was at the cocktail bar.

I've been on many cruises, but we chose Celebrity as it was the only line offering a free beverage package at the time and cabins were only $50 more than the other lines without free alcohol.  It was a no brainer.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »
The cruise planning is up in the air depending on a job change and/or buying our first home. We will cruise in the next year, and will probably take a Celebrity cruise if it is just us, RCCL if it is our family.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien