News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 29, 2015, 04:53:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Going to Rio de Janeiro for a conference  (Read 29 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
Going to Rio de Janeiro for a conference
« on: Today at 02:54:14 PM »
I just found out that I will be sent to a conference our organization is holding in Rio. During the conference i probably won't have time to sightsee (the conference is mostly lectures and workshops but will include an afternoon of local tours that i hopefully will be able to join one). I was able to take an extra day at the end so hopefully I won't be too tired for  a little running around. Our hotel is on the copacabana. I would like to hopefully see the sugar loaf and /or corcovado. ANy other must-sees? any tips for a middle aged woman traveling alone?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

HannahGrace

Re: Going to Rio de Janeiro for a conference
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:10:33 PM »
I'm so jealous!! I went to Rio for work and loved it. Take a walk along the beach and have some fresh coconut water. If you can ride the cable car at Sugar Loaf, do it. Amazing. I also enjoyed the soccer/football stadium but I am a sports person.

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: Going to Rio de Janeiro for a conference
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:18:56 PM »
I'm so jealous!! I went to Rio for work and loved it. Take a walk along the beach and have some fresh coconut water. If you can ride the cable car at Sugar Loaf, do it. Amazing. I also enjoyed the soccer/football stadium but I am a sports person.
LOL i work with mostly guys and they're all saying "you have to go to the macarana" and i'm like "give me museums! ancient buildings! beach!"

Thanks for the tip on sugar loaf - i really hope i get to it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools