Author Topic: Weather in London in mid-September?  (Read 176 times)

finecabernet

Weather in London in mid-September?
« on: August 20, 2014, 09:34:48 PM »
I'm going to London and Scotland in mid-September and was wondering how I should pack. Light or medium rain jacket? Long sleeved t-shirts?

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
Re: Weather in London in mid-September?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:44 AM »
It will be pretty unpredictable but probably not too cold. I'd say better to go with  a light raincoat and sweater to keep your options open. The underground can get incredibly hot, so layers are the way to go when getting around. Comfy shoes are a must.

What to wear in Scotland will depend on what you want to do- pottering round Edinburgh then you will need similar clothes to London, going walking in the hills will mean extra layers and good boots.
NE England

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 06:20:57 AM »
Edinburgh might be pretty cold. It's windy. Mind you I'm a wimpy Aussie, if you're from the mid West you'll think it's balmy.

Victoria

veryfluffy

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:42:40 AM »
Yes, there will be weather in London.

Unfortunately, it can be just about any kind.

Daytime temperatures tend to range anywhere from about 12C to 18C, with possibly 10C to as high as 22C. There will likely be some rain, sometimes. Or not. Or a lot.

That probably doesn't sound very helpful, but basically I suggest bring things you can layer.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »
I would go for layers option. Please do take some nice warm jumpers/fleeces/tops, you will also need a decent coat/jacket.  I feel the cold a LOT and rely on these when it starts getting remotely cool.

Enjoy our country!!
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.