Author Topic: Kim Kardashian disinvites 50 wedding guests  (Read 12654 times)

DCGirl

Kim Kardashian disinvites 50 wedding guests
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »
Because of space restrictions at the venue where she's holding her wedding, it's being reported that Kim Kardashian has cut 50 previously invited guests, including members of her stepfather's family.  Also, no one is allowed to bring a date now. 

Um... shouldn't you be clear on how many guests your venue will hold before you send out the invitations?

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kim_gives_guests_the_boot_xfMrzfqk8vSABJw3IPXADO

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Re: Kim Kardashian disinvites 50 wedding guests
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »
*headdesk*

If you've got all this money to spend on a wedding, you should have enough to pay someone to check out this stuff for you!

I can't help but wonder if it fit her original guest list, but then she kept adding people she just HAD to have (like Justin Bieber? really?) and it got out of control.

Anyway you slice it, this is a horrible move on her part. *sigh* Always klassy, those Kardashians.
The status is not quo!

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:16:04 AM »
Charming. About what I'd expect from them, though.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »
*headdesk*

If you've got all this money to spend on a wedding, you should have enough to pay someone to check out this stuff for you!

I can't help but wonder if it fit her original guest list, but then she kept adding people she just HAD to have (like Justin Bieber? really?) and it got out of control.

Anyway you slice it, this is a horrible move on her part. *sigh* Always klassy, those Kardashians.

Well he'd crash it anyway, might as well give him an actual invite!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »
*headdesk*

Well he'd crash it anyway, might as well give him an actual invite!

But as long as they're playing his music, it's not rude.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »
Charming. About what I'd expect from them, though.

Exactly. I can't profess to be too distraught, because any dismay would be predicated on an unmet belief/expectation that either was generally imbued with basic awareness of courtesy, much less etiquette. As far as I'm concerned, they're trash. Rich, famous trash, bit still trash.
•   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
I'm wondering if maybe she was counting on a certain number of declines and when they didn't come, she had to cut?  I mean it seems like such poor planning... and you know this was planned by a seasoned professional.

Its sad because one of the reasons, other then her beauty of course, that Kim and the rest of the Kardashians became celebrity darlings was because they were more down to earth and "normal" even though they were rich.  They had jobs, their mom carpooled, they had to clean their own rooms, etc.  But now they are just vapid and helpless and spoiled, with no real sense of what the average world outside of their celebrity bubble is like.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
I'm wondering if maybe she was counting on a certain number of declines and when they didn't come, she had to cut?  I mean it seems like such poor planning... and you know this was planned by a seasoned professional.

Its sad because one of the reasons, other then her beauty of course, that Kim and the rest of the Kardashians became celebrity darlings was because they were more down to earth and "normal" even though they were rich.  They had jobs, their mom carpooled, they had to clean their own rooms, etc.  But now they are just vapid and helpless and spoiled, with no real sense of what the average world outside of their celebrity bubble is like.

Really? 

I don't generally watch television; the only times I have seen the Cardassians (intentional) is when their reality television show is airing at the salon where I get my nails done. 

I confess, my expectations and preconceptions are pretty based on that.  To me, a having a reality television show puts one on a par with Paris Hilton.  If nothing else, there's no where to go but up.
•   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »
The Kardashians are more "normal" and "down to earth"? Really, on which planet is that? >:D

I have to say I agree with Winterlight it's pretty much the behavior I'd expect from them. I couldn't care less about Kim Kardashian's wedding and I wish the media would stop talking about it. I'll be glad when it's over.

Ed.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
The Kardashians are more "normal" and "down to earth"? Really, on which planet is that? >:D

I have to say I agree with Winterlight it's pretty much the behavior I'd expect from them. I couldn't care less about Kim Kardashian's wedding and I wish the media would stop talking about it. I'll be glad when it's over.

Ed.

Preach it, Ed. 

I can't stand the Kardashians.  The media act like the whole world is so fascinated by them, but nope, it's just the media who are.  Stop trying to force them down our throats.

Red1979

• Super Hero!
  • it's only a paper moon...
    • Subscription Therapy
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »
I have to say that this behavior is exactly what I'd expect from someone who's "celebrity" all stems from a sex tape.  She and her family are incredibly trashy and I'm going to wager that disinviting 50 guests is not going to be the only faux pas that's coming out of this wedding.

I also think I heard somewhere that there is a "strict" dress code where guests have to wear white or black.  I'm guessing the strict means your not allowed in if you show up in a different color.
--Red
"Pause you who read this and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, which would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."

www.subscriptiontherapy.com - "I used to have issues -  now I have subscriptions"

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 03:41:35 PM »

Really? 

I don't generally watch television; the only times I have seen the Cardassians (intentional) is when their reality television show is airing at the salon where I get my nails done. 

I confess, my expectations and preconceptions are pretty based on that.  To me, a having a reality television show puts one on a par with Paris Hilton.  If nothing else, there's no where to go but up.

Please note the keyword "became" in my post.  25 years ago no one knew the name "Kardashian", outside of rich folks who needed a lawyer in LA. They were rich, but they were not celebrity.  The family name became somewhat celebrity after the OJ trial (the dad, now deceased was one of OJ's lawyers).  But the mom still had to work - she had a clothing store, and they did have normal - if rich - lives, that included carpooling with mom (not a hired driver) and cleaning their own rooms.  When Kim was first married at 18 she had not trust fund or anything, she had to start her own business (clothing consultant and closet organizer) to support herself as her parents decided "old enough to be married, old enough to make your own money." 

They have all since moved on to modelling (with mom as the manager) and reality TV as a means of income, but certainly even when their show started the other two sisters were working full time in the mom's clothing boutique.

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 03:42:15 PM »
I've never watched the show, but I did watch the upcoming vacation episode television ad and apparently Kim's fiance asks one of the other sisters if her marriage was for real or for television.  This coupled with uninviting 50 people tells me that they're not exactly the most polite people. 

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 04:10:06 PM »

Really? 

Please note the keyword "became" in my post.  25 years ago no one knew the name "Kardashian", outside of rich folks who needed a lawyer in LA. They were rich, but they were not celebrity.  The family name became somewhat celebrity after the OJ trial (the dad, now deceased was one of OJ's lawyers).  But the mom still had to work - she had a clothing store, and they did have normal - if rich - lives, that included carpooling with mom (not a hired driver) and cleaning their own rooms.  When Kim was first married at 18 she had not trust fund or anything, she had to start her own business (clothing consultant and closet organizer) to support herself as her parents decided "old enough to be married, old enough to make your own money." 

They have all since moved on to modelling (with mom as the manager) and reality TV as a means of income, but certainly even when their show started the other two sisters were working full time in the mom's clothing boutique.

Funny you mention this, because on the latest episode, it's all about how Kris isn't as a good as a mom to the younger kids as she was to the older girls. Carpooling was even brought up, because their dad, Bruce Jenner basically does all those duties, while all she does is work and supports her older children.

I like trashy Reality TV and their show definitely qualifies.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »
^ that's actually why i brought up that particular detail  ;D

But I do remember when Kim was *just* starting to become famous.  She had been friends with the likes of Paris Hilton and other more widely known [at the time] folks for years, but she was totally unheard of.

But then because she is so strikingly beautiful, she started getting more and more attention, and became a celebrity in her own right and not named as her self instead of just as "Paris Hilton and friend".