Author Topic: Kim Kardashian disinvites 50 wedding guests  (Read 11907 times)

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
Re: Kim Kardashian disinvites 50 wedding guests
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 05:29:17 PM »
OK so I'll agree with you on that, Kim Kardashian is beautiful--on the outside anyway. On the inside, not so much. I can't think of too many other people besides the Kardashians that I wouldn't want to be stranded on a desert island with. Or anywhere for that matter. I don't understand their appeal and I never will.

Ed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:31:40 PM by Master_Edward »

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »
^ that's actually why i brought up that particular detail  ;D

But I do remember when Kim was *just* starting to become famous.  She had been friends with the likes of Paris Hilton and other more widely known [at the time] folks for years, but she was totally unheard of.

But then because she is so strikingly beautiful, she started getting more and more attention, and became a celebrity in her own right and not named as her self instead of just as "Paris Hilton and friend".

Well, there was also her little adventure with Ray J.. ::)
The status is not quo!

MaggieB

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 12:35:12 AM »
I like trashy Reality TV and their show definitely qualifies.

Me too!  I was watching The Soup earlier and wondering how horrified I should be that I've already seen a lot of those clips this week.  (Don't judge me, I'm job hunting!)  :P

The wedding is at a private residence, so I can see how it might not have occurred to anyone that there would be that kind of space restriction.  Especially if they haven't hosted an event on this scale before (plus a large camera crew.)  I'm not saying she gets a pass.  Uninviting 50 guests is pretty bad.  But I can see how it happened.  The dress code could also be considered tacky, but I've seen other weddings on the show where the guests all wore black and white (like Pastor Brad's earlier this season.)  So maybe that's fairly normal for their circle? 

I'm wondering who is going to watch a four hour wedding special in a month and a half. (Except me  :-[)

kglory

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 12:55:55 AM »
I'm wondering if maybe she was counting on a certain number of declines and when they didn't come, she had to cut?  I mean it seems like such poor planning... and you know this was planned by a seasoned professional.

Its sad because one of the reasons, other then her beauty of course, that Kim and the rest of the Kardashians became celebrity darlings was because they were more down to earth and "normal" even though they were rich.  They had jobs, their mom carpooled, they had to clean their own rooms, etc.  But now they are just vapid and helpless and spoiled, with no real sense of what the average world outside of their celebrity bubble is like.

Really? 

I don't generally watch television; the only times I have seen the Cardassians (intentional) is when their reality television show is airing at the salon where I get my nails done. 

I confess, my expectations and preconceptions are pretty based on that.  To me, a having a reality television show puts one on a par with Paris Hilton.  If nothing else, there's no where to go but up.

I'll bite -- what is meant by the deliberate misspelling of her last name?

I'm no Kim Kardashian fan.  But are you making fun of the fact that her name begins with K?  I also have a K name and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 02:09:52 AM »
I'm wondering if maybe she was counting on a certain number of declines and when they didn't come, she had to cut?  I mean it seems like such poor planning... and you know this was planned by a seasoned professional.

Its sad because one of the reasons, other then her beauty of course, that Kim and the rest of the Kardashians became celebrity darlings was because they were more down to earth and "normal" even though they were rich.  They had jobs, their mom carpooled, they had to clean their own rooms, etc.  But now they are just vapid and helpless and spoiled, with no real sense of what the average world outside of their celebrity bubble is like.

Really? 

I don't generally watch television; the only times I have seen the Cardassians (intentional) is when their reality television show is airing at the salon where I get my nails done. 

I confess, my expectations and preconceptions are pretty based on that.  To me, a having a reality television show puts one on a par with Paris Hilton.  If nothing else, there's no where to go but up.

I'm no Kim Kardashian fan.  But are you making fun of the fact that her name begins with K?  I also have a K name and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm not the OP who wrote the Cardassian comment, but my assumption is that they are a Star Trek fan.  In Star Trek  the Cardassians are a stupid & irritating race of extra-terrestrials. 

Blue Falcon I like the word play, most appropriate  :D

kglory

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 03:52:27 AM »

Really? 

I'm not the OP who wrote the Cardassian comment, but my assumption is that they are a Star Trek fan.  In Star Trek  the Cardassians are a stupid & irritating race of extra-terrestrials. 

Blue Falcon I like the word play, most appropriate  :D

Ah - got it!  Not a Star Trek fan so I didn't get the reference.   Thanks, Marjorie.  Now it seems clever.

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 12:51:55 PM »

Really? 

Joel McHale of The Soup, calls them the "Carrdaaaasians", when he refers to them. He says it in a way that sounds sort of snooty. Obviously, he's probably making fun of them.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 01:33:18 PM »
I assumed it was to get another word for "donkey" in there, as Kim is rather famous for her posterior.
The status is not quo!

DuBois

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

I know that it's a faux pas. I'm not excusing it. But, I do have a soft spot for Kim K. I think that Kardashian girls all come across as rather fun. When you compare them to the vile Kelly Osborne, or the even viler Peaches Geldof (seriously, I am ashamed to be British when I look at those two)  they are really not so bad.

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »
Hmm.  They had to disinvite a number of people, but she was able to extend a last-minute invitation to Ellen:

http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/ellen_degeneres_snags_last-minute/259189

Kim puts the K in Klassy...

Who am I kidding?  The whole family is genius.  They've managed to take their quirks and make them into a multimillion-dollar empire.  We TV viewers love our train wrecks, and the Kardashians don't disappoint.

Last night I was watching "The Soup."  They showed a clip of Kris H throwing Kim into the water on their vacation.  She thought it was funny until she realized she lost her $75,000 earring.  That's when she stomped off in a fit.  They cut to Kris wondering out loud how the next 12 days were going to go.  Um, he does realize he's marrying her for more than 12 days, right?

djinnidjream

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »
Considering that this is her second marriage, and it looks like her sisters and mother all wore white, somehow, I don't think etiquette tops her list of necessities....
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
Considering that this is her second marriage, and it looks like her sisters and mother all wore white, somehow, I don't think etiquette tops her list of necessities....

I'm not sure what either of those things is supposed to have to do with etiquette. People are allowed to marry multiple times, and I believe many guests wore white at the behest of the bride (who requested white or black, which is its own etiquette nightmare).
The status is not quo!

StressedGroom

• Mr. Goblue2539
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »
I've got mixed feelings on this.  There had to be a wedding coordinator/planner on a wedding of this size/price and I would put the blame on them, the venue size and guest list are the most important things.

On the other hand if it was a production issue (cameras and crew took up too much space) then I would put the blame on her for putting the money making side over the guests and the ceremony.

Here is the real question, does this actually fall under wedding etiquette or performance?  Is this any different from a concert where they have to refund some tickets when the stage ends up requiring moving a section of seating?  This wasn't really close friends and family coming to watch them profess their love, it was more of a performance with celebrity "guests"

djinnidjream

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 06:34:39 AM »

I'm not sure what either of those things is supposed to have to do with etiquette. People are allowed to marry multiple times, and I believe many guests wore white at the behest of the bride (who requested white or black, which is its own etiquette nightmare).

I didn't know about the dress code- but to have a BWW for a second marriage is a little etiquette challenged.
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Larrabee

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 06:57:53 AM »

I didn't know about the dress code- but to have a BWW for a second marriage is a little etiquette challenged.

You're confusing taste and etiquette.

It might not be to some people's taste, but its not rude.