Author Topic: Kim Kardashian disinvites 50 wedding guests  (Read 12094 times)

Rivaini

• Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
    • Keto Kitchen
Re: Kim Kardashian disinvites 50 wedding guests
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »
I was always under the impression that you get one BWW- for your FIRST marriage.  To me- to have this kind of second wedding is rude (maybe that's me, and my opinion, but it's how I feel).  If it is not considered rude to have a big gift grabby wedding for a second marriage, then I stand corrected.

I think the BWW is fine in and of itself - people can get married however they want, if they can afford it. But gift grabiness seems, to me, tackier when it's the second time around.

Why is a BWW automatically "gift grabby"?

We had a relatively expensive wedding and reception, but it had nothing to do with the expectation of gifts.

I don't think that a BWW is gift grabby and I'm sorry if my post made it sound that way. Personally, I don't care if you have a BWW for your second, third or tenth wedding. But if it's your second, third or tenth and you're having a bridal shower, putting registry information in the invitation or making a gazillion dollars filming it, well that annoys me more than it would for a first wedding. That's what I meant.

Fair enough!  :)
Err on the side of awesome.

NorCal

lkb

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »
A bit off topic but why are we supposed to care about the Kardashians? I understand they are somehow related to Bruce Jenner but is that why they came to prominence? (One of the tabloids called Kim Kardashian's wedding the "Wedding of the Year". Oh yeah? And that Will-and-Kate thing a few months ago...?)

I'm not a Trekkie but occasionally I'll watch some of the many incarnations of Star Trek. In one of them (Deep Space Nine(?)), the main villians are these lizard-creatures called Kardassians. So whenever I hear about this generation's version of the Gabor sisters I always chuckle and think of lizard people. >:D

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
The father of the older 3 girls (Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney) was one of OJ Simpson's lawyers. Kim was raised with people like Paris Hilton. She rose to prominence when a $ex tape that she made with Ray J (little brother of Brandy, the singer) was released. People took note of her assets and the fact that she was lovely and connected, and a reality star was born.  ::)

And now I'm off to cry because I know all that.
The status is not quo!

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »
I gather we care, because we are told we are to care about her. She is one of the legion of people we are told are famous, because they're famous. Sort of like a snake swallowing its tail.

Basically, it's easire for the infotainment industry to focus on people who have shills who spend their days spoonfeeding info back to the industry, than to actually go out and find interesting people to discuss.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »
At least the Gabor sisters could act, and Eva and Zsa Zsa both had real careers that didn't involve sex tapes.  ::)
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
Why do people care about Edward and Bella?  Why do they care about Stephanie Plum?  Here at Ehell, we've had multiple pages devoted to "American Idol" and comic strip characters.  Sometimes people like to escape.  Sometimes they like to be amused.  There are plenty of outlets on TV for thought-provoking programs, starting with public television and working up to the history and science channels.  The Kardashians are on an entertainment TV channel.  They're not trying to be thought-provoking or ground moving.

FWIW, I don't watch the show.  But I don't think watching the show and having a brain are mutually exclusive, either.

djinnidjream

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 03:05:20 PM »
Filing for divorce after 2 months. 

I'm flabbergasted.
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
Oh, my.

Think of the possibilities for new shows.

Kim and Kris Go to the Lawyers

Kim's Big Day in Court

Kardashians in Kounselling

Special!!!!! Kim's First Date after Divorce

A Valentine Special from Kim and Her New Love

Special!!!!! Kim's Engaged

A Kardashian Wedding of the Century.....
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »

I almost choked on my gum.  ;D
The status is not quo!

lollylegs

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »
Oh, my.

Think of the possibilities for new shows.

Kim and Kris Go to the Lawyers

Kim's Big Day in Court

Special!!!!! Kim's First Date after Divorce

A Valentine Special from Kim and Her New Love

Special!!!!! Kim's Engaged

A Kardashian Wedding of the Century.....

Like!

lcmamom

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »
Will they have to return the gifts?  What does E-Hell say?

doreen_s

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2011, 12:28:38 AM »
"The Kardashian family asks that you respect Kim's privacy during this difficult time and wait until they finish editing the divorce special."

MsMarjorie

• The world was my oyster but I used the wrong fork
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2011, 01:20:46 AM »
"The Kardashian family asks that you respect Kim's privacy during this difficult time and wait until they finish editing the divorce special."

Oh, thats good.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »
Apparently Kris was blindsided by all this.  What kind of person does lets her husband find out about the divorce from TMZ?  ??? ???   Despicable.