Author Topic: Biscoff Spread  (Read 8442 times)

lilfox

Re: Biscoff Spread
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
FYI Safeway also sells it too (at least the one near me) - Lotus brand Biscoff.

And whoever said the taste is like ginger cookies, thank you!  I've had Speculoos before but I couldn't figure out how to describe the taste to someone who hadn't had them.

I haven't found too many things I could eat it with (other than a spoon), most crackers are too salty and bread doesn't seem like it goes with.  It is excellent as an icing on pumpkin muffins and pancakes though!   :)

NyaChan

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 11:45:33 AM »
I want to try it with apple slices or bananas.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
I made my oatmeal today and added biscoff and cinnamon.  Like an oatmeal cookie. 

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
I had a Lotus biscuit today and checked the ingredients. It's not ginger, it's cinnamon. It still tastes really like a ginger biscuit to me because of the sweetness and the acidic bite from the candi sugar syrup and the vitamin C.

Kaypeep

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
I just bought a jar of this for the first time yesterday, it's on sale at Fairway Market in NYC for $3.99.  Holy moly, I love it!  I love cinnamon biscuits from LU (I think it's LU brand.)  This is like a liquid cookie.  I've had 2 spoonfuls and had to stop myself.  I agree I can't see eating it on toast or crackers.  Perhaps on slices of fruit or in oatmeal.  But I think I'm going to bake cupcakes and use it for frosting for a potluck lunch at work.  Very delicious!

NyaChan

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »
http://www.chow.com/recipes/30398-spiced-cookie-butter

A recipe to make it at home!!  Haven't tried it yet, but it looks good.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »
http://www.chow.com/recipes/30398-spiced-cookie-butter

A recipe to make it at home!!  Haven't tried it yet, but it looks good.

Thanks for this.  I'm going to try the recipe noted in the comments with the coconut oil.

Cz. Burrito

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »
I bought some at Walgreens this week. It was delicious on lefse!

lilfox

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
Update:  someone pointed this out earlier and I finally tried it.  I can report that Biscoff is awesome on toasted English muffins.   :D

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »

Oh, yum. I am going to have to try that. I was just saying last night i need to get more. I re-upped Nutella & peanut butter; now i need my Biscoff!
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 05:45:48 PM »
A pair of friends got me hooked on speculoos spread a few years ago. They encountered it on their honeymoon and started to order it from Belgium by the case! They would give out a couple of jars to lucky folks (like DH & me!!) who they had converted.

I just get Trader Joe's cookie spread now, and it's the best. I have used it in homemade icecream (amazing) and my favorite is to spread a bunch between a pair of warm waffles or pancakes. I am going to have to try to make those scones!!!
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

Betelnut

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 07:31:11 PM »
My most recent shipment is almost gone.   :(

I've been eating it almost exclusively on butter crackers.  SO delish!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2013, 04:18:51 PM »
I bought a jar on the clearnace rack at Aldi's last night (not sure what I paid). I now must go back and buy the other 5 jars.

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 05:02:51 PM »
I saw a recipe online where you use the spread to bake cookies. That doesn't make sense to me. So they bake cookies, turn them into spread, and then use the spread to... bake more cookies? Buh?