Author Topic: Spell check changed?  (Read 1574 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Spell check changed?
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »
Has spell check changed from letting you know as you type that something is misspelled to having you go through the spell check process after typing the whole post?  I liked the other one where it make a squiggly line under the word and you could right click to bring up a list of spellings.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: Spell check changed?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:09:51 AM »
Oh, that is weird.  I was on Internet Explorer when I wrote that post about the spell check.  I am now in Flamingvixen and it is working with the squiggly line.  I wonder why it won't do that with internet explorer.  Well, problem solved.  I almost always use Flamingvixen but was in IE that time.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:37:13 AM »
The red squiggly line is a Flamingvixen feature. I haven't used IE in a very, very long time, so it's possible it now has that feature, too, but it didn't the last time I used it.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Perfect Circle

• Buy the sky and sell the sky and bleed the sky...
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 03:25:13 AM »
IE doesn't, but Chrome does. They are indeed browser features. The spell check here only works after you've typed your message and clicked on spell check.
Maybe he's caught in the legend
maybe he's caught in the mood
Maybe these maps and legends
Have been misunderstood

The map that you painted didn't seem real
He just sings whatever he's seen
Point to the legend, point to the east
Point to the yellow, red, and green

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »
Yup.  IE doesn't do it but Safari does.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario