Author Topic: Spell check changed?  (Read 1599 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Spell check changed?
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »
Has spell check changed from letting you know as you type that something is misspelled to having you go through the spell check process after typing the whole post?  I liked the other one where it make a squiggly line under the word and you could right click to bring up a list of spellings.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: Spell check changed?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:09:51 AM »
Oh, that is weird.  I was on Internet Explorer when I wrote that post about the spell check.  I am now in Flamingvixen and it is working with the squiggly line.  I wonder why it won't do that with internet explorer.  Well, problem solved.  I almost always use Flamingvixen but was in IE that time.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:37:13 AM »
The red squiggly line is a Flamingvixen feature. I haven't used IE in a very, very long time, so it's possible it now has that feature, too, but it didn't the last time I used it.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 03:25:13 AM »
IE doesn't, but Chrome does. They are indeed browser features. The spell check here only works after you've typed your message and clicked on spell check.
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »
Yup.  IE doesn't do it but Safari does.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario