Author Topic: "Bachelor" traits  (Read 7394 times)

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
"Bachelor" traits
« on: August 23, 2011, 01:45:39 AM »
Not limited to singles, nor by gender.

Just those habits/quirks that make a friend shake her head and sigh about your Cro-Magnon streak (preferably while indulging hers!).

Nothing suitable for the gross-out thread, please.

My confession:  I eat standing in the kitchen. Sometimes from the pan/container/takeaway box.

Oddly, I am quite capable of enjoying food as a civilized experience. But I can also be a total pragmatist, taking in calories as needed fuel, with no niceties.
ē   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

lipli

Re: "Bachelor" traits
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »
Changing clothes and leaving them in the living room or any other public space.  Hey, I'm all alone and want to read that latest eHell thread.  :)  And since I live by myself, who cares if I leave anything in the living room instead of the hamper.

Ruelz

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:38:55 PM »
Hubby and I each have our 'own' 2 L bottle of pop.  Mine lasts a week or more...but we each will drink directly out of respective bottles.  Do not touch.

Otherwise, it's all equally shared and safe to drink from.
"The only difference between a rut and a grave is their dimensions." Ellen Glasgow

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »
Eating in bed.

It is winter, so I get my cup of soup or mashed potatoes with mushrooms, a cup of tea and curl up in bed with the laptop to read eHell. Perfect!

blueyzca01

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:09:01 PM »
I stand in front of the refrigerator with the door wide open and  leave it open while Iím doing something, like pouring a drink or getting fresh water for the kitteh.  I do sometimes realize that I should close the door, but by that point Iím done with whatever task Iím doing.

DF walks into the kitchen whilst said door is wide open and start preaching about the power bill and wonders why am I refrigerating the entire apartment? **

** This from the same man who sometimes goes to sleep on the couch and leaves the sliding glass door open ALL NIGHT LONG (we leave it open enough during the day so the cat can enter and exit at will per Her Highnessí wishes.

No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Larrabee

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 06:11:37 PM »
If I', not planning to leave the house, I might well stay in my pyjamas all day.  :-[

I don't iron, at all.

Tip of the iceberg, I'm just waiting to see if anyone else is as debauched as me before admitting to any others!

Oh and I'm a proud spinster, none of this bachelor malarkey please!  ;)

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 06:15:52 PM »
Sometimes I have nothing in the fridge but beer, diet cola, and old condiments.

I have done creative things to put off the dishes a little longer, like eat off the lid of a Tupperware dish.

I stand in front of the refrigerator with the door wide open and  leave it open while Iím doing something, like pouring a drink or getting fresh water for the kitteh.  I do sometimes realize that I should close the door, but by that point Iím done with whatever task Iím doing.

I've done this too.

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 07:01:54 PM »
- Eating meals in front of the computer.

- Drinking water straight off the gallon.

- Keeping track of all expenses online instead of balancing the checkbook.
I have pet mice!

JoW

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 10:58:23 PM »
Hanging laundry to dry on racks in the living room because its too humid outside for them to dry and I already hauled them up the stairs from the washing machine in the basement.

Eating fast food so often the staff recognizes you when you come in and knows what you usually order. 

Never coming close to filling the trash can in the 1-week between pick ups. 

Never shutting the bathroom door. 

Hiding a spare house key in the car because there's no one to let you in when you accidentally lock yourself out. 

Buying a plastic 3-step stair case so the elderly, arthritic cat can climb up on your bed. 

Buying enough toilet paper and shampoo and cat food and other non-perishibles in the fall to last all winter.  Storing it in the family room, which I never use.  All this because I hate pushing a grocery cart though a snowy parking lot. 

Washing white underwear with dark color clothing because otherwise it takes forever to accumulate a load of darks and you don't care if your tidy whities are a little off-white.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:04:29 PM by JoW »

jmarvellous

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »
Hanging out in my skivvies or gym clothes.
Eating popcorn or fruit for dinner.
Watching noneducational or low-quality TV.
Sometimes not doing dishes for a day or two.
Sprawling all over the bed.

I've been living alone for a few months and maybe relishing in it a bit much. 

marcel

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »
It is not just that I sometimes fall asleep on the couch, I actually got to sleep on the couch on purpose sometimes.
I drink milk from the carton.
I leave my laundry on the line, and take it from there, instead of putting it back in the closet.
and eating in front of the computer off course.

DF walks into the kitchen whilst said door is wide open and start preaching about the power bill and wonders why am I refrigerating the entire apartment? **

** This from the same man who sometimes goes to sleep on the couch and leaves the sliding glass door open ALL NIGHT LONG (we leave it open enough during the day so the cat can enter and exit at will per Her Highnessí wishes.
Just explain to him that you are actually heating the appartment.
Wherever you go..... There you are.

blueyzca01

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »
It is not just that I sometimes fall asleep on the couch, I actually got to sleep on the couch on purpose sometimes.
I drink milk from the carton.
I leave my laundry on the line, and take it from there, instead of putting it back in the closet.
and eating in front of the computer off course.

Just explain to him that you are actually heating the appartment.

I would do that, but that man has an amazing talent of refuting logic.  He could convince Eskimos that they need refrigerators.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

lilfox

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
Eating just chips and salsa, or just hummus and chips, for dinner.

Leaving the TV on for hours, because there's always a Law & Order or sitcom rerun somewhere.  (Can't do this anymore as it conflicts with DH's irritating tendency to leave the TV on for hours tuned to some boring sport.  Generally, the TV is off.)

Not changing into presentable clothes unless/until I have to leave the house.

I've used Tupperware lids as cutting boards when I haven't felt like getting out a real cutting board for a small cutting job.  (The T lids are typically already on the counter because ... they just are.)

robobecky

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 07:02:17 PM »
Eating cereal for dinner
Not bothering to go grocery shopping for 2 weeks and surviving on PB&J sandwiches, take out, and frozen meals
Not putting away clean laundry, just wearing it out of the dryer (ironing, what ironing?)
Not cleaning the bathrooms for 2 weeks
Letting the dishes pile up for days until I have no more clean glasses/cups
Working 50+ hours per week for months on end

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 07:12:25 PM »
Oh, the laundry ones remind me--sometimes I leave the clean laundry (especially the low-maintenance stuff like tees and jeans) in the basket and just grab clothes out of there to wear them, rather than transferring them to drawers first.