Author Topic: "Bachelor" traits  (Read 7487 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: "Bachelor" traits
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:32 PM »
Never ever drink the OJ at my house...I always drink out of the container...always...it taste better that way   ;D

I also frequently take a bite out of a slice of cold pizza and stick it back in the box.  I sometimes eat standing over the sink cause I don't feel like dirtying a plate.  I think in the last five years I have only used my dining room table for holiday dinners or guests.  I eat cold Chinese takeout out if the box with my fingers.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Larrabee

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 07:25:48 PM »
This evening I fell asleep on my sofa from 5 to 8pm, i my clothes with the TV on and food getting cold on the table. 

R_Suerte

• The more we think we know about, greater the unknown.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 07:28:20 PM »
This evening I fell asleep on my sofa from 5 to 8pm, i my clothes with the TV on and food getting cold on the table.

Oh man, I remember those days! 

Larrabee

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »

Oh man, I remember those days!

I will now probably be awake until 4am!  Ah well, being a spinster really fits with working shifts, you can just hit the deck and sleep when the urge takes you!

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 07:45:04 PM »

I've said this before, I'm sure, but my sofa has a magic soporific effect. It's not even comfortable--it's too short and too hard--so I can't chalk it up to that. But every time I sit on it, I end up taking a nap. Sometimes when I'm in bed having insomnia, I move to the couch to see if that'll help. It usually does.

Larrabee

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 07:46:11 PM »

I've said this before, I'm sure, but my sofa has a magic soporific effect. It's not even comfortable--it's too short and too hard--so I can't chalk it up to that. But every time I sit on it, I end up taking a nap. Sometimes when I'm in bed having insomnia, I move to the couch to see if that'll help. It usually does.

My sofa is insanely comfortable, that's part of the problem!

lilfox

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »
Not bothering to go grocery shopping for 2 weeks and surviving on PB&J sandwiches, take out, and frozen meals

Not cleaning the bathrooms for 2 weeks

You reminded me of these two, except for both, replace 2 weeks with a month (or longer).  Note that I always cleaned my apartment/house before I had company!

Also I used to dread grocery shopping so back in the day I lived on shelf-stable stuff or ate out.  I definitely don't do that anymore, fortunately.

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »
When my husband is out of town, I sleep with my laptop.  I read until I'm about ready to drift off, then push it to the side.  When I wake up, it's waiting for me.

mandycorn

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »
It takes forever for me to fill the garbage can, since I live alone, but if it gets more than half way full, the dog tries to tip it over, so I just leave it closed in the guest powder-room off the kitchen until I'm ready to take it out. I also store the floor cleaner in there, since I need to leave it taken apart to dry.

Weekends often involve camping out on my couch in my pjs watching movies until noon when the dog is so insistent that we take a walk that I have to put on pants. When we get back, I may or may not change back into the pjs :D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »
I eat sitting on the couch as my table is the repository for all things that come into my apt.  I sometimes wonít get dressed and stay in my jammies all day, sometimes forgetting to even brush my teeth!  I eat out of containers unless I know I will be sharing/serving said item to others.  I leave stuff all over and only pick it up when Iím good and ready.  I leave my coffee cups on the bathroom windowsill until I have a collection of them.  I too donít shut the bathroom door unless someone is over.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 05:12:12 PM »
My husband will drink out of a bowl -- initially it was because he was out of clean cups.  Now he does it to avoid dirtying a cup.

I tend to sleep on the couch a lot, tv makes me sleepy.

lilfox

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 06:24:36 PM »
My husband will drink out of a bowl -- initially it was because he was out of clean cups.  Now he does it to avoid dirtying a cup.
;D
I've used Tupperware lids as cutting boards when I haven't felt like getting out a real cutting board for a small cutting job.  (The T lids are typically already on the counter because ... they just are.)

As noted, I'm guilty of this failed logic too.  The bowl and the Tupperware lid are now dirty, so what is it that makes us think that not using the proper item is a time- or effort-saving step? 

Sebastienne

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
DH is out of town for another week, so I went to the grocery to stock up on my "lazy bachelorette" supplies. When left to my own devices (and without a lot of time), I eat like a four year old.  In my basket: frozen dinners, vitamins, milk, mac & cheese, and a six pack. The guy behind me in line looked at me, looked at my groceries, looked back at me, and said, "What are you--a dude?"

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 11:39:42 PM »
DH is out of town for another week, so I went to the grocery to stock up on my "lazy bachelorette" supplies. When left to my own devices (and without a lot of time), I eat like a four year old.  In my basket: frozen dinners, vitamins, milk, mac & cheese, and a six pack. The guy behind me in line looked at me, looked at my groceries, looked back at me, and said, "What are you--a dude?"

Maybe it is just me, but I found the guy's remark in rather bad taste. Would he have asked a guy who was buying extra virgin olive oil, hummus and veggies if he was a woman?

ZaftigWife

• No longer a bride, but still zaftig.
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 04:20:58 AM »
Heh.  This topic puts me in mind of PJ O'Rourke's The Bachelor Home Companion.

Some highlights (lifted from a review, since I don't have my copy handy):

Spill something fresh on the floor because a slippery floor is much more like a clean, waxed floor than a stinky floor is.

Every month or so, take the curtains down-and throw them away. Turn the lights off if you don't want the neighbors to see what you're doing. The same goes for slipcovers.

Sheets can be kept clean by getting drunk and falling asleep with your clothes on.

The "recipes" are amusing too.  Such as "Emergency Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich," which involves rinsing out the peanut butter jar with a little hot water (because there's always SOME peanut butter left) and sprinkling grape Kool-Aid powder over it.