Author Topic: "Bachelor" traits  (Read 7784 times)

workingmum

Re: "Bachelor" traits
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 06:27:34 AM »
I dont know if this is so much a bachelor thing... but i steal borrow DD's chocky stash and blame her uncle (who we share a house with).

DD and I eat out A LOT and often hang in our jammies all day on the weekends while watching movies and eating microwave popcorn straight from the bag (days like this we drink out of the soda bottle too.... but shhhh! dont tell anyone - they all think we're more civilised than that!)
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

Reika

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 07:43:44 AM »
I suddenly don't feel so bad.  ;D

While I do have a dining room table, I prefer to eat in front of my computer. Depending on what's being consumed I may not use utensils.

I tend to pile up my clean clothes wherever in my room, though my work clothes get hung up. And I have managed to train myself to toss the dirty laundry into my basket. Probably from ages ago when I put clean and dirty wherever, mom asked me if something was clean, I picked it up and smelled it, "Said, yeah, it's clean."

The fit she threw was epic proportions.

And yes, I'm female. I'm not a terribly neat one.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2011, 12:35:29 AM »
Sometimes I have nothing in the fridge but beer, diet cola, and old condiments.

I have done creative things to put off the dishes a little longer, like eat off the lid of a Tupperware dish.

I stand in front of the refrigerator with the door wide open and  leave it open while Iím doing something, like pouring a drink or getting fresh water for the kitteh.  I do sometimes realize that I should close the door, but by that point Iím done with whatever task Iím doing.

I've done this too.
I've used a big slotted spoon to get mayo out of the jar so I don't have to wash a spoon or knife.  I've balanced a slice of bread on top of my cup to make a sandwich so I don't have to wash a dish.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:32:48 PM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Hexteacher

• The time has come to grow old disgracefully.
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2011, 07:03:32 AM »
Not me by my co-worker.

Has parts for an entire motorcycle in the cupboards of various bedrooms at his house.

The frame for which is on the kitchen table for "painting".

Has been redecorating the house for the last 3 years.

Tyres for motorcycles in bath.

I could go on.....
it's ALIVE!! IT'S ALIVE!!!! IT'S.......oh bugger it's coming right for me..." Baron Von Frankenstein.

Wench

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2011, 11:21:08 AM »
JoW  Your not only one that freezes mince (ground beef)!  I think its standard for most people I know.  I once tried to freeze parsnips and carrots but that does not work as they go soft  :-[

My spinster habits are eating my dinner in front of the computer/tv.  We don't have a dinner room table as we don't have the space. 

Re using a plate my boyfriend has used or I have used earlier!

Falling asleep on the sofa

Hiding books in bed (You never know when you might need an emergency read!)

My boyfriend's bachelor habits include:

Leaving empty packs of food lying about after cooking

Obsessively playing COD and Fifa 2010 online

Letting the spare room when he keeps his stuff turn into a bomb site!

asb8

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2011, 03:27:22 PM »
I eat sitting on the couch as my table is the repository for all things that come into my apt.  I sometimes wonít get dressed and stay in my jammies all day, sometimes forgetting to even brush my teeth!  I eat out of containers unless I know I will be sharing/serving said item to others.  I leave stuff all over and only pick it up when Iím good and ready.  I leave my coffee cups on the bathroom windowsill until I have a collection of them.  I too donít shut the bathroom door unless someone is over.

Are you me?  :D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »
I eat sitting on the couch as my table is the repository for all things that come into my apt.  I sometimes wonít get dressed and stay in my jammies all day, sometimes forgetting to even brush my teeth!  I eat out of containers unless I know I will be sharing/serving said item to others.  I leave stuff all over and only pick it up when Iím good and ready.  I leave my coffee cups on the bathroom windowsill until I have a collection of them.  I too donít shut the bathroom door unless someone is over.

Are you me?  :D

Separated at birth maybe?  One of the reason's I'm happy to be single, and LOOOOVE living alone.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2011, 10:28:51 PM »
*raises hands in the air* MY PEOPLE!

I'm a big fan of doing the no-pants dance.

I re-use plates sometimes.

I leave clean clothes in the basket and just fish out what I want every day.

I'm also not above drinking milk or juice right out of the corner.

I have a dining room table, it's where the cat food dishes are LOL.

I eat almost exclusively at my computer.

I almost always have music/tv on.

Frequently fall asleep in my computer chair.

Frequently eat breakfast for dinner.

Big fan of  bachelor food...mac n cheese, PB&J, nachos, whatever.

Speaking of nachos, I like to dunk my chips directly into the salsa jar.

I talk to myself.  A LOT.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
When DH is away for work and the boys are asleep, sometimes I'll fall asleep watching tv.

Or have ice cream/cookies for lunch. 

Eat in front of the television.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »
I forgot about talking to myself. I do it a lot too.  It keeps me entertained :)

faithlessone

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »
Last weekend I had pizza four meals in a row. Geez - I should never be left to fend for myself. I make very bad food choices. ;)

JoW

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 11:41:17 PM »
My house has three bathrooms.  In the winter I keep a snow shovel in the tub in one of the bathrooms.  That bathroom is closest to the deck.  I shovel the deck to keep it from collapsing from the weight of the snow. 

Last night I noticed that the snow shovel is still in the tub.  Apparently I forgot to move it to the garage last spring. 

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »
Never making the bed. As in never straitening it or even fixing the fitted sheet that pops off until it is time to change the sheets. The one time the bed looks normal.

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »
I'm so glad I found this thread!  I am not alone - YAY!!!

I do my "grocery" shopping at the corner store.

I only do laundry once I've run out of underwear even though I have a washer and dryer.

I never eat unless in front of the TV or computer.

I have cereal for dinner sometimes.

I leave empty milk cartons, unwanted leftovers, etc., in the fridge until the garbage can be full enough to take out (this helps in not having stinky garbage)

I need a TV or computer to fall asleep.

I rarely iron.  I find throwing it in the dryer for a bit works just as well to get out any wrinkles  :D

Pajamas all day if I'm not going out!

I have LOTS and LOTS of unopened mail.  Bags full.  I don't even know why I'm keeping it.   ???

I get nervous when I buy perishable food so I plan it very carefully to make sure I can finish it before it expires.

I freeze bread because I can never finish it before it goes green.

I have had days where I did absolutely NOTHING but surf the internet.  On these days I order food in so I don't have to *be up too much*.

OK, I could go on and on, but I gotta go make some cereal for dinner now.   ;)

Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 10:44:53 PM »
Never making the bed. As in never straitening it or even fixing the fitted sheet that pops off until it is time to change the sheets. The one time the bed looks normal.

Me either.  although once in a blue moon  Iwil make it, but most days, i just leave it as it is when I get up.  my fitted sheet stays one since i have these foam corner thingsy...

my mom made me make my bed each and every day, with a bedspread, not comforter.  i hated doing it.  Also, my bed was up against a wall, so it was a PITA.  So now I rebel and refuse.