Author Topic: The Romance Novel Title Game  (Read 10070 times)

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
Re: The Romance Novel Title Game
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »
Octopregnesia!

First, here is the Wikipedia summary for Pregnesia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnesia

Former Navy SEAL Lucas Washington couldn't believe it. It had been bad enough when one beautiful, helpless, amnesiac pregnant woman turned up in his car, but now eight??? This was getting ridiculous. And yet...there was something about these pretty, frightened, forgetful women that he just couldn't resist. In spite of all their morning sickness, swollen ankles, and inability to recall their own names, he found them irresistible. He had to help them...and so he took the first perilous steps down a road fraught with danger, passion, and an EHell of a lot of Epidurils...a road that would finally lead him...to an octagon of love.

Deep Desires of the Rugged Stable Boy

All Derrik wanted was to train Beauty - the fierce horse no one was able to ride - to win the Kentucky derby. All Karen wanted was a quiet spot for her to nurse her wounded heart. When the two of them met sparks began to fly. Would Derrik be able to continue training Beauty - when Karen was constantly on his mind? Would Karen let Derrik in or would her broken heart refuse to mend? When they get stuck in a canyon with wild horses they soon discover wether that could break them apart.

I am going to skip the title so that we can use TheBardess's "the Kilted Highlander's Lusty Barmaid"

Poirot

• Needler of threads, not threader of needles
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »

Bullets...............and s@xual tension fly!

The Rake's Accountant!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! *sniff* *wipes away tear of laughter*

Okay, with a brief nod to Poirot's work thread, here goes:

Sloane knew that Natalia was dangerous. He was a senior partner, after all, and with her as his accountant, she was the ultimate in forbidden fruit. Yet how could he resist her? How could he be unmoved by that cleavage-baring shirt, and the way her tunic just barely brushed her bum as she bent over to place a travel expenses report in the filing cabinet? It was too much...and so began a torrid, passionate affair that went well beyond deficits, assets, and W-2 forms. But what Sloane didn't know was the dark secret that hid behind Natalia's six-inch heels and seductive book-keeping skills. As a financial spy for the Russian mafia, she had one thing and one thing only in mind, and she would stop at nothing to get it...

The Kilted Highlander's Lusty Barmaid

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!Where is the icon when you need it! I only wish you could have made the spy the fluffy, well dressed, older supervisor!  ;D
A spoon! A spoon! My kingdom for a case of #%^***** spoons!

Redsoil

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 10:52:09 AM »
He yearned for the Romance of Olden Times.  She had multiple piercings.  He played the bagpipes in the lonesome hills; the wind from the gorges whistling up his kilt.  She fended off drunken advances when her chesticles fell out of their embracing nest after a bout of prolonged laughter at the drunken antics of local yobs.

And yet, their worlds met, and merged.  Just as their desires would...

"A steamy romp in the Highlands..."  YouBeaut Reviewer from DiddleySquat magazine

"Deliciously enthralling.  Can't wait for the sequel!"  Another mundane jock on a pay-per-review wage
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Redsoil

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »
Forgot to post another title...

"The Catholic Schoolgirls Lament"
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »
OK, someone already posted a much funnier version of The Rake's Accountant, but here's mine.

She manages his trust fund…but can she trust him?

Prudencia was a strait-laced accountant who had always played by the rules and never made time for romance. Until one day, a new client steps into her office – Libertio, a dark and dashing Italian gazillionaire who bounces from one woman to the next like a bad check. Libertio is used to getting what he wants and when he sees Prudencia’s flowing tresses confined into a tight bun, and her fiery eyes shielded by nerdy glasses, he knows he must have her at any cost. But Prudencia, seeing past his charm to the bankruptcy within, is the first woman to say no to him. Libertio is so taxed by unfulfilled passion that he writes Prudencia a blank check of love. Will Prudencia repay his love with interest? Is Libertio truly ready to invest in a life with Prudencia, or will their romance end with an IOU?

Intrigue and Intimacy in the Iditarod
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Shea

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »
Letitia embarked on the Iditarod to get away from her ex-boyfriend Raoul, a muscular yet unsuitable surfing instructor from Encinitas. Alone in the icy wastes of Alaska with only her huskies for company, she intended to find herself...but instead, she found Jason! An igloo-dwelling hermit with a dark and troubled past, Jason appeared in Letitia's life like a sudden blizzard, rescuing her from a sled accident that mysteriously left her stripped to her lacy undergarments in the frozen tundra. Their meeting ignited a passion that melted the permafrost for several miles around, but will Letitia be able to trust this semi-verbal hunk of America's last frontier?

The Football Widow's Secret Yearnings

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »
Another version of Intrigue and Intimacy in the Iditarod

In the wilds of Alaska, Addyson Von Dueselstorph struggles to keep her family outfitting business afloat.  Things look grim when local rival, Herbert Hobart, threatens the hostile takeover of Duesel's Iditarod Adventures.   Champion musher (and former Navy SEAL/Ninja) Storm Rivers is in the lead of the world's most famous sled race when tragedy strikes near Addyson's checkpoint.  When Addyson discovers the sled was sabotaged, she and Storm discover they're in the fight for their lives...and their love!

Lust at Sea

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »
Beatrix holds a football in her hands, quietly considering its fate. Her dear late husband had collapsed on the goal line of life and left her alone in the end zone. As she struggles to set aside her past husbands life, long dormant desires awaken. Will she make a touchdown in life following her dreams to hike across America? And what will happen when she crosses paths with linebacker, Troy Aston, and shares a lunch on a hill with him? Their love will light up the skyline like the lights over the Astrodome, but will it be enough when their hike ends?

Mimes in Action over the Fairway

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »
I saw no one did The Catholic Schoolgirl's Lament yet, so here it is.

Gisella is a good Catholic schoolgirl planning on becoming a nun. Until one day, a new groundskeeper joins the staff at Saint Mary’s Kneesock Academy. Giovanni is dark and burly with appealingly disheveled hair, rugged stubble, and muscles that bulge seductively as he lays mulch in the flowerbeds. But alas, he is wearing a button that clearly identifies him as an atheist! Gisella hopes ardently that their love can transcend the gulf of belief that lies between them. Then tragedy strikes when Gisella's sister throws Giovanni's treasured atheist button in the trash! Can their love survive? That question will be put to the test when a routine exorcism goes terribly wrong...

Erotic Earthquake
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 01:13:29 PM »
I saw no one did The Catholic Schoolgirl's Lament yet, so here it is.

Gisella is a good Catholic schoolgirl planning on becoming a nun. Until one day, a new groundskeeper joins the staff at Saint Mary’s Kneesock Academy.

The SECOND I got to the word "groundskeeper," Groundskeeper Willie popped into my head, and now I can't stop giggling.
The status is not quo!

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 01:21:49 PM »
Erotic Earthquake:

He was a scientist struggling to find a reason for the recent natural disasters. She was a stripper whose stretched t-shirt hid a quake of a wholey diffrent sort. When they met, sparks flew and lava flowed, metaphroricly and litterally. Can their love survive the end of civilazation as we know it?

New title: Darling, My Bodice Is On Fire!

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »
Lust at Sea (love that title, btw!)

Captain Roderigo was a brawny pirate king, whose sculpted muscles and tanned skin hid a heart scarred by the past tragedy of lost love. Day after day, he drowned his pain in bottles of rum and swashbuckling adventures at sea, always on the run from his arch nemesis, Commodore William Ashby of the Queen's Navy. Alanna was the Commodore's golden-haired fiancee, a woman brash, beautiful, and busty. Despite the promise she had made to Ashby, she found herself powerless against the rough charms and smoldering eyes of Roderigo. But when Ashby discovers their secret passion, the tide turns dangerous. Will Alanna be able to anchor Roderigo's heart, or will the hurricane of Ashby's wrath destroy the stormy ocean of their love forever?

Skipping my own title for the moment, since we still have Mimes in Action Over the Fairway and Darling, My Bodice is on Fire to do.
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

Petticoats

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 02:34:25 PM »
This is, by the way, the best thread ever!

Darling, My Bodice Is on Fire

Feisty Amaranth is a risk taker, always challenging herself to push beyond the limits of her strength and courage. Years ago her heart was broken by the dark, brooding Obsidian, and in a reckless impulse she became a professional stuntwoman. Now she sets herself on fire for a living... but who will quench the fire that rages in her heart? When a pyrotechnic stunt goes disastrously wrong, only the brawny strength and sensitive manlitude of a fireman named Bob stand between Amaranth and a fiery death... but when Obsidian returns from the rain forest and turns his own mammoth fire extinguisher on the blaze, the sparks truly fly!

Sweet, Savage Barista

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
Sweet, Savage Barista

Darlene is desperately trying to pay off her student loans by working as a Barista, but the tips just aren't cutting it so she doubles as a dominatrix on the side. One day when a Tall, handsome hunk named Brad appears and asks her to make him something that will keep him up all night, Darlene breaks out the Mocha Syrup..with extra Whips. Her double shot of desire is sure to provide Brad with plenty of steam.

The Conquistador's Plunder

Petticoats

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 03:31:48 PM »
Sweet, Savage Barista

Darlene is desperately trying to pay off her student loans by working as a Barista, but the tips just aren't cutting it so she doubles as a dominatrix on the side. One day when a Tall, handsome hunk named Brad appears and asks her to make him something that will keep him up all night, Darlene breaks out the Mocha Syrup..with extra Whips. Her double shot of desire is sure to provide Brad with plenty of steam.

<applauds> Well done!