Author Topic: The Romance Novel Title Game  (Read 9575 times)

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
Re: The Romance Novel Title Game
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 03:35:45 PM »
Sweet, Savage Barista

Darlene is desperately trying to pay off her student loans by working as a Barista, but the tips just aren't cutting it so she doubles as a dominatrix on the side. One day when a Tall, handsome hunk named Brad appears and asks her to make him something that will keep him up all night, Darlene breaks out the Mocha Syrup..with extra Whips. Her double shot of desire is sure to provide Brad with plenty of steam.

The Conquistador's Plunder

(I'm trying here, but now I've got the Captain Planet Theme song in my head)

Juandisimo is the most feared lawyer in the firm, able to conquor any opositional company with ease. But when he wins a date with a mysterious Executive's daughter in a scrabble tournament, he may have met his match.

Kandi was the unfortunatly named daughter of a big wig, but her bad temper prevented her from finding true love. But when she is sent on a blind date with a Latin Loverboy, she vows to make him her own.

Can these two find a compromise, or is their modern romance doomed?

"Fine, we'll do it in the spaceship tower"

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 04:13:44 PM »
Lust at Sea (love that title, btw!)

Captain Roderigo was a brawny pirate king, whose sculpted muscles and tanned skin hid a heart scarred by the past tragedy of lost love. Day after day, he drowned his pain in bottles of rum and swashbuckling adventures at sea, always on the run from his arch nemesis, Commodore William Ashby of the Queen's Navy. Alanna was the Commodore's golden-haired fiancee, a woman brash, beautiful, and busty. Despite the promise she had made to Ashby, she found herself powerless against the rough charms and smoldering eyes of Roderigo. But when Ashby discovers their secret passion, the tide turns dangerous. Will Alanna be able to anchor Roderigo's heart, or will the hurricane of Ashby's wrath destroy the stormy ocean of their love forever?

Skipping my own title for the moment, since we still have Mimes in Action Over the Fairway and Darling, My Bodice is on Fire to do.

Wait...I think I read that book!  ;D

And boy am I getting a lot of weird looks...

Shea

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 04:36:07 PM »
Fine, We'll Do It in the Spaceship Tower

In the remote human colony on the planet of P'ashyn, Commander Jazmyn Hartfyre governs with a will of iron and a heart of stone. Dedicated to her duty, she has refuses all romantic entanglements. But when a shipload of convicts from Earth is sent to the colony, Jazmyn finds herself inexplicably attracted to Henri LeVoleur, a Viscount unjustly convicted of 17 counts of grand larceny. What results is truly out of this world.

The Vampire's Rose Garden of Desire

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 04:45:26 PM »
Fine, We'll Do It in the Spaceship Tower

In the remote human colony on the planet of P'ashyn, Commander Jazmyn Hartfyre governs with a will of iron and a heart of stone. Dedicated to her duty, she has refuses all romantic entanglements. But when a shipload of convicts from Earth is sent to the colony, Jazmyn finds herself inexplicably attracted to Henri LeVoleur, a Viscount unjustly convicted of 17 counts of grand larceny. What results is truly out of this world.

Forsaking the sun of Phoenix, teenager Bella Swann has exiled herself to the town of Forks, where she soon finds herself drawn to the mysterious Edward Cul...

whoops, sorry, my bad. Wrong vampire romance. ;)

And now I have to run, so while I'm out, I'll try to think of the actual thing.
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

Petticoats

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 05:05:11 PM »

Lonely, outcast teenager Anemia is irresistibly drawn to the rose garden of the new stranger in town, a dark-eyed, mysterious European named Vlad, who only comes out at night. One sweltering summer evening, Anemia sneaks into the garden hoping to pluck a single rose, when she happens upon a shirtless Vlad heaping compost around the thorn-laden bushes. Moved by irresistible impulse, her head swimming with fertilizer fumes, Anemia succumbs to Vlad's urgent desire. When morning comes, will she be the vampire's chosen bride, destined to share his undead existence, or will she find that reaching out for a rose meant experiencing a p.rick?

Roomba for Two

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 06:09:23 PM »
Roomba for Two

I laughed so loudly at that I scared the cat.

You people are weird. I like it.  ;D
The status is not quo!

lilfox

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
Roomba for Two

Workaholic Andasia is quite content with her high-powered single life in the big city.  Her streamlined Danish-style condo is her sanctuary, for the 6 hours she can escape from the drudgery of her office.  Suddenly, she is laid off – banned from her workplace, she wanders listlessly around her neighborhood wanting desperately to fill the void that work has left.

Until one day she is bowled over by an overly affectionate Golden retriever on the loose!  A life-long hater of pets and all the mess they entail, she is moved by the retriever’s large brown eyes and decides to find his owner, leading to a fateful meeting with the surprisingly burly Forrest.  Will their instant attraction be buried under ever-present dog hair or will love, and robotics, find a way?

Love Among the Zombies

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »
Love Among the Zombies

Sara wants brains... Mac likes brains... They... braaaiiiiins!

Allergies for Two

Petticoats

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 07:07:36 PM »
Roomba for Two

I'll take that as a compliment. :)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 07:09:05 PM »
Roomba for Two

I'll take that as a compliment. :)

From me, weird is totally a compliment!

Edited to fix quotes.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:21:09 PM by Wonderflonium »
The status is not quo!

Daffydilly

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »
Darling, My Bodice is on Fire

Stormy eyed Jack Ferguson meets his match with doe eyed Janet Miller. Janet ordered Applebees specialty of flaming fajitas. Sadly, her newly purchased northern expansion catches fire as she leaned over for the tortilla bowl. Jack puts out the fire on her chest and kindles one in her heart. His heroics cost him his job, his house and his camaro when Janet sues him for replacements. Can their love ever conquer all?

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »
Allergies for Two

A peanut could send culinary student Deveron into anaphylactic shock - and so could the sight of his teacher Torianna's luscious lips and heaving bosom. But Torianna was a gourmet chef whose specialty was peanut soup, so he kept his distance, knowing their love could never be. Then one day, Torianna suddenly developed a deadly allergy to onions. As her foodie friends abandoned her and her livelihood was threatened, Torianna turned to Deveron for understanding and support.

Now they have only each other in a world where every bite holds unspeakable danger, a world where every breath could poison them, a world where no one invites them to dinner parties. Will love be the epi-pen that saves their lives?

Post Office Passion
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »
Post Office Passion:

Jack McGonagall was a lifer in the US Postal Service - he had the ugly shorts and the indifferent attitude to prove it.  Only one thing could shake him out of his government-job-induced apathy: the sight of Melina Sabatini trying to tape herself into a box in the post office lobby.

Melina has only one goal: to mail herself to Tahiti where she can get away from her overly-dramatic ex, who was also an actor whose usual gigs involved recording the "before" sections of infomercials, where he demonstrated difficulty performing even basic tasks without the help of a miracle product.  Melina's dream is to settle down somewhere quiet, boring, and without any excessive passion whatsoever.

When Jack hijacks Melina's package (with herself in it) and redirects her to his front porch in Gary, Indiana, though, Melina finds she has a lot to learn about being boring.  And Jack has a lot to learn about how to pick up women.  Find out whether their mild interest in each other survives, in . . . Post Office Passion!

Next suggestion: The Billionaire's Badly Burned Bastard Baby (Plus the Baby's Sexy Nanny)

Daffydilly

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 01:13:45 PM »
The Billionaire's Badly Burned Bastard Baby (Plus the Baby's Sexy Nanny)

John Sparrow discovers he has a bastard child when the child ends up in Hospital for pulling a bowl of soup on herself. The mother is no where to be found but Jack's name is on the birth certificate. He rues the carefree months spent on the shores of Siberia, taking in the sea and liberating local girls from their morals. He hires curvy Cecelia Mysteria to take care of the baby.

Cecelia watched her sister make bad choices and run away when baby Tilly needed her the most. When the childs father claims her, Cecelia applies to be a nanny to stay close to her niece. Tilly recovers from her burns, but the baby still needs so much more. So Cecelia makes the heart wrenching decision to email John while he vacations in the Northern Territories of Canada.

Burned out from the Sun dappled Artic reaches, John returns home, looses his mind and seduces the nanny while the baby napped. Now a new baby is on the way and John is freaking out. Cecelia begins to open her heart to him and demand a BIG WHITE WEDDING in return. Can their passion survive wedding planning, a pregnancy and Baby Tilly refusing to sleep more than two hours at a time?

Daffydilly

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 01:15:49 PM »
And the next title: The Curious Case of how Titanic Conway and Las Vegas Molly Crossed Time