Author Topic: The Romance Novel Title Game  (Read 9599 times)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
Re: The Romance Novel Title Game
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »
John Conway was a man who was average in *all* respects, except in one, critical area. Burdened from childhood with the nickname "Titanic", he was possibly the unluckiest man alive. It seemed he was fated to always be just a little bit too late to everything - promotion, safety in earthquakes, even in love.

Molly was skulking around the mean streets of Las Vegas, on the run from her stalker ex-fiance, an execeptionally hairy obsessive-compulsive watch repairman who couldn't stop betting on submarine races and snipe hunts.

Passion ignites when Molly tries to help John fix his Timex. But when Skyler finds them, Molly gambles on John's love. Will he be - as always - too late?

The Dog Loving Guy and the Girl with 83 cats

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 05:19:12 PM »
The new vet in town had gorgeous brown eyes, a stunning smile, and a singing voice angels would die for - so Elaine Satterworth was elated to hear that he was moving his new practice into the abandoned office building next to her feline rescue shelter.  Having a vet a stone's throw away couldn't be a bad thing, right?

Wrong.  Aiken Goodman's vet practice is only half his business - the other half is a rehabilitation center for retired greyhounds.  When a freak tornado rips through town and tears down the connecting wall between Elaine's feline rescue and Aiken's greyhound rehab facility, fur flies.  Aiken can't believe Elaine really has 83 cats living under one roof, and Elaine can't believe Aiken could be a vet yet so coldheartedly allergic to cats.  But now they, the 83 cats, and Aiken's 25 greyhounds are all under the same tarp until they can figure out where the insurance paperwork ended up.  Is Aiken achin' for nothing, or is Elaine chasing her own tail?  Find out, in The Dog Loving Guy and the Girl with 83 Cats!

Next title:  "Supercowboylicious!!!"

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
Rose C Vine, herbologist extraordinaire, treks across the great US searching for the purest breeds of herbs. Her studies and greenhouses are internationally famous, but she's earned the wrath of the Secret Society of Southern Spices. As Rose merrily works her way across Oklahoma's stark landscape, there's no where to hide when the SSSS spies find her.

Buck Brooks knows every inch of his ranch lands. Each day he rides the fence line, checking his cattle and carrying on the tradition of the Man Lee Ranch heritage. He's also a secret member of the Plain Cooking Heroes Guild. When Buck stumbles across Rose fighting off three SSSS spies with nothing but pinking shears and a spade, he can't help but stare as she finishes off her foes.

Sadly, the SSSS spies Humvee has a tracking system alerting the SSSS to their defeat. Rose and Buck band together but will horses, steamy glances and a rare herb be enough to make a relationship? When the SSSS elite super spies converge, it'll take some fancy rope tricks, wrangling in the dust and a few smooth cowboy moves to save the day.

Next Title: "Romanceopedia"

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
The new vet in town had gorgeous brown eyes, a stunning smile, and a singing voice angels would die for - so Elaine Satterworth was elated to hear that he was moving his new practice into the abandoned office building next to her feline rescue shelter.  Having a vet a stone's throw away couldn't be a bad thing, right?

Wrong.  Aiken Goodman's vet practice is only half his business - the other half is a rehabilitation center for retired greyhounds.  When a freak tornado rips through town and tears down the connecting wall between Elaine's feline rescue and Aiken's greyhound rehab facility, fur flies.  Aiken can't believe Elaine really has 83 cats living under one roof, and Elaine can't believe Aiken could be a vet yet so coldheartedly allergic to cats.  But now they, the 83 cats, and Aiken's 25 greyhounds are all under the same tarp until they can figure out where the insurance paperwork ended up.  Is Aiken achin' for nothing, or is Elaine chasing her own tail?  Find out, in The Dog Loving Guy and the Girl with 83 Cats!

Anyone else picture this while reading that synopsis?  ;D

The status is not quo!

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »
Antonio and Anna with the juicy tomatos.

Antonio is a humble tomato farmer with a passion for cooking. Anna is a city girl, burnt out after her latest relationship and from working too much. Anna decides to take a cooking class to blow off some steam, and becomes mesmerized by her cooking instructor, Antonio. Plenty of saucy encounters ensue as Anna finds herself growing ripe with desire with a passion for cooking..and Antonio's juicy tomatoes.

The Fisherman's Desire

Sanity Lost

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 11:53:35 AM »
The Fisherman's Desire

She was a fourth generation fisher with a passion for the sea and a disdain for the corporate lifestyle. He was the scion of a corporate tycoon who bought out her family's fleet. Can this romance survive the stormy weather ahead? Who's beliefs and families will weather this tempest.

Can he learn to like seafood? Can she learn to love board meetings?

The Elven Prince's desire

Daffydilly

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 12:53:03 PM »
The Elven Prince's Desires

Goth Montaine hates hitting the same bars and lounges on the weekends. So he breaks out of Montainia, the hidden Elven land located North of San Francisco under a pothole on the highway. As Goth experiences sunlight, San Francisco and the human world, he covers his track so the Elite Montainian Special Forces can't drag him back to his throne.

Betsy Heavensta just wanted a sandwich, for lunch. Instead she finds herself carnapped with a rogue Elven prince. He nevers stops for the bathroom, reststops or gas. Instead, they end up in Las Vegas running up Betsys credit cards and narrowly missing the Elite Montainian Forces. Their nights are hot and steamy, their days together are bright and sunshiny. What could Betsy see in an elf who runs away from the throne? Bankruptcy! Love! Passion! A possible cash reward if she turns him into the Elite Montainian Forces!

Title: Like Root Beer for Nerds

Sanity Lost

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
Dang it Now I want a BLT and a rogue elven prince (not necessarily in that order)  ;D

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »
Like Root Beer for Nerds

Darlene Fitzsimmons was an MIT student with thick glasses and a genius IQ. Roderick Stone was the brawny soda jerk at Sammy's Ice Cream Parlor, where her D&D group used to meet on Sunday afternoons. Each week, Darlene would watch him, admiring the way his tawny hair brushed across his high forward, and his chiseled muscles rippled seductively as he drew her root beer from the tap. How she longed for him to sweep her in his arms, tear out her pocket protector, and make sweet love to her as her audio recording of A Brief History of Time played seductively in the background...

Roderick didn't usually go for the quiet, mousy type. But when he asked Darlene to help him with his calculus homework, he found himself somehow...drawn to her. Her encyclopedic knowledge of Star Trek was strangely alluring, and somehow he couldn't help but fantasize about her fingers caressing his body the way they did the keys of her TI-89 calculator. When Darlene's D&D group finds out about the muscly lunkhead she's dating, though, tension erupts in Sammy's Ice Cream Parlor. Will Darlene be able to convince her friends that passion is more than intellectual? Will Roderick learn to say "I love you" in Klingon? Find out in Like Root Beer for Nerds!

"Better than the second season of "Battlestar Galatica!" -Elwin B. Poindexter, "White and Nerdy" Magazine

"The hottest thing since nuclear fusion!" -Dexter Snodgrass, author of Equation for Love and Fine, We'll Do It In My Spaceship Tower

Next: Sweet Siberian Seduction
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »
I just couldn't leave Mimes in Action Over the Fairway alone, so help me.

In the 1920's, Anastasia Mayden is the youngest daughter of a famous circus troupe, the Mayden Mimes. But her gift for pantomime and slapstick conceals a lonely heart. When her father hires handsome new tightrope performer, Roman Davidoff, the high tension between the mime and the acrobat seems to promise something more, especially during their duet high-wire act . But how can their love grow without speaking a word?

I won't post another, since there's still Sweet Siberian Seduction out there.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 01:43:35 PM »
Sweet Siberian Seduction

Tatiana was born into a life of poverty and hard labour, trapped in a farm on the cruel steppes of Siberia.
Desparate to escape, she agrees to put her name down to be a mail order bride. Anything to escape a life of plowing and borscht!

But when she arrived in the new world, she discovered her husband-to-be was a slovenly elderly farmer with chronic halitosis. She was hoping for love, he just wanted a cheap swineherd.
Distraught, Tatiana is caught between a future of cold Siberian borsht and new world pigs, but on a farm that has cable.

But love, it seems, lies like a hidden truffle under the trampling feet of the swine. The farmer's estranged son, the senior swineherd, sees in Tatiana a czarina in the making. He yearns to take her away from his cruel father and build a new life with her on a heavenly little acreage somewhere.
How can BillyJoeBobJim crack the language barrier, the smell of pig and Tatiana's frozen heart and make his dreams come true?
How to seduce the sweet Siberain?

The Fox in Socks's Savage Surrender

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »

Is it just me or does it seem like there is actually the basis for a book there?  :)

Next title:  "Supercowboylicious!!!"

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 05:02:33 PM »
The Fox in Sock's Savage Surrender (with apologies to Dr. Seuss)

In the Quackalack woods, the foxes they dwell
And of one of these foxes, his tale I will tell.
This was a fox who kept a secret within,
A deep dark desire he hid from his kin.
He liked to wear human socks on his paws,
Protecting his toes and shielding his claws.
He liked to wear them with a mouse
He liked to wear them in a house
He liked to wear them here and there,
He liked to wear them everywhere.
But when his foxy friends found out
They gathered around and at him did shout.
"You can't wear socks! Those are for humans!" they cried
And the poor little Fox felt lonely inside.
Would he ever find someone who shared his desire
To adorn their fur with human attire?

But as our Fox wandered sad and alone
From a bush nearby he heard a sad moan!
He turned and what should his searching eye see
But a large, fuzzy cat who sat by a tree!
And marvel of marvels, on the head of this Cat
Was a large red and white striped top hat!

The Cat and the Fox have found their soulmate
But when their passion erupts, are they tempting fate?
Can these two different species ever find love,
With socks on their feet and hats up above?

Heaving Bosom, Pulsing Manhood
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

Bharris

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2011, 05:17:02 PM »
Okay, I took to long writing this, but I can't resist posting my own version!

The Fox in Sock's Savage Surrender

He was known as Le Renard sans Chaussures, a dashing highwayman known for his singular costume of black domino mask and stocking feet.  She was Lady Theodora Seuss, the young, shallow, and shopping-obsessed heiress to the extensive Seuss-Geisel fortune.  One dark night, their paths crossed, as he chose her lavishly decorated carriage to accost and relive it of some of her elaborate collection of jewels.  But with her triple strand of pearls no longer covering her ample, heaving bosom, Le Renard was smitten by Lady Theodora's sensual attributes.  He forcibly swept her away to his den, where they spent the night discussing the merits of green eggs and ham.  Will their love survive the night, or will he flee from her arms when he discovers that she prefers her bread butter-side down?  Coming this fall from Overblown Publishing!

Next title: Love and Lust on the Wide-Open Suburbs
I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.

Daffydilly

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »
Heaving Bosom, Pulsing Manhood

Manly IRS collections agent, Teeny Martini, has set many hearts aflutter until he utters the dreaded words, "Your property and your cat have been repossessed for auction." He tracks down deadbeat tax avoiders and makes them pay!

Priscilla loves running her charity, Second Lives for Second Hand Books. Except she forgot to pay taxes on eighteen copies of "Fine, We'll Do It In My Space Ship Tower". She's been on the run since Wednesday and the IRS agent is hot on her trail. When Teeny catches up with Priscilla, they can barely keep their hands off each other. How deeply will Priscilla's bosom heave in the depths of night? Teeny's pulsating showmanship changes her world but creates a moral conflict. How can he make her pay for the books when he stole two copies when she wasn't looking? The books had great writing and ideas!

Tea Totalling Stones Magazine writes: "Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster, if you read this book, shoot yourself in the head!"

Minerva of Florida posted online: "My sister hates me, she bought me a copy for every holiday this year! I can't think of any more ways for this book to tragically die! I've burned it, fed it to the dog, let my two year old play with it and shipped a copy off to Nigeria when the Nigerians wanted me to cash a check for them! What have I done to deserve this?"