Author Topic: The Romance Novel Title Game  (Read 10106 times)

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
Re: The Romance Novel Title Game
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »
Looks like Romanceapedia (sp?) wasn't used, unless I missed it...

It was used:
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=100701.msg2479386#msg2479386

Well, poop, 'cause I just finished writing a synopsis for it! <pouts>

Hey, there's a possibility: Her Frustrated Cyberpouting

Post it anyway! There's no rule about one synopsis per title.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2011, 02:20:30 PM »
The Vampire Virgin's Veracity

LaBertha has tread the earth for a thousand years. Her honesty and forthrightness are so accute, human men cannot stand her presence. Shadows of her life have been spent in solitary contemplation in libraries and street corner cafes. Unable to find a companion, she's left dreams of such things behind. By day she sleeps and studies in the vaults of the Library of Congress. By night, she sustains her bloody need and hangs out at internet cafes.

Morgan Dorfer loves coffee. But when he stumbles across LaBerthas foot at The Coffee Snake, it's love at first sight for him. But her forthright speech has driven away the multitudes. How can he keep this wonderous woman in his life? LaBertha lets him have it but his headphones made it difficult. From that night on, Morgan Dorfer followed the vampire of his dreams. But can LaBertha learn to share her space and her life? And will Morgan Dorfer be able to convince her to make him immortal? With their shared interest in coffee and internet chat rooms, it may be a match made in heaven! Or it may be a match made in codependency issues requiring a vampire trained psychologist!

Modified. Whoops, forgot to put in a title.
Dazy Gets a Man
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:17:38 PM by sefaeria »

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »
Her Frustrated Cyberpouting

Angela was one of those people who was always angry. Always quick to take offense, she trolled the internet, spewing entitlement and snowflakiness on every forum she could find.

Darren Dashingman was the moderator of a group that knit covers for Ipods. World weary, sick to death of stereotypical wisecracks about men who knit, he was just about ready to pack in his purls and stash his needles when Angela arrived.

Her presence soon ignited a flame war that drew Darren in and brought him to the edge of banning her. But just when he was ready to hit "Delete" one last time, he realized that the flames she had ignited was the fire of passion in his heart. Can he find her ISP and meet her IRL? Or will theirs be a digital romance, doomed to electronic oblivion?

Petticoats

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2011, 03:16:54 PM »
Her Frustrated Cyberpouting

Angela was one of those people who was always angry. Always quick to take offense, she trolled the internet, spewing entitlement and snowflakiness on every forum she could find.

Darren Dashingman was the moderator of a group that knit covers for Ipods. World weary, sick to death of stereotypical wisecracks about men who knit, he was just about ready to pack in his purls and stash his needles when Angela arrived.

Her presence soon ignited a flame war that drew Darren in and brought him to the edge of banning her. But just when he was ready to hit "Delete" one last time, he realized that the flames she had ignited was the fire of passion in his heart. Can he find her ISP and meet her IRL? Or will theirs be a digital romance, doomed to electronic oblivion?

Hee! I love it!

Looks like Romanceapedia (sp?) wasn't used, unless I missed it...

It was used:
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=100701.msg2479386#msg2479386

Well, poop, 'cause I just finished writing a synopsis for it! <pouts>

Hey, there's a possibility: Her Frustrated Cyberpouting

Post it anyway! There's no rule about one synopsis per title.

Well, I deleted it... but will try to reconstruct.

Romanceapedia:

Elise Webster wrote the book on romance--the Romance Dictionary. But her thousands of readers around the world don't know that her only nocturnal company is a possum she has house trained. When her publisher urges her to follow up her bestseller with a Romanceapedia, she can't refuse--but she won't be able to fake her knowledge of romance this time. Enter hunky intern and former forest ranger Derek Hartsman, whose past is rich in romance but also in heartbreak. Together, Derek and Elise must tirelessly research the myriad angles of romance, from Alabaster bosoms to Zones, comma, erogenous. Will their explorations under the covers result in bestselling prose between the covers of...Romanceapedia?

Petticoats

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »
Are we out of titles? I submit...The Unibrow of Desire. Go!

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
The Unibrow of Desire

Victoria was all that. She knew it. Everybody knew it. If you didn't know it, she'd tell you. Blunt, blonde and bombshell gorgeous, Victoria never settled - she only took the best.

Eager to build on her image of being in front of the trends, she accepts a role as the spokesmodel for ReGene Pharmaceuticals. And when her assistant fails to bring a triple-pressed wheatgrass organic soy latte fast enough, Victoria guzzles down the nearest flask of green liquid she finds.

To her horror, what she has just drunk was superconcentrated, gene therapy for hair loss. Victoria wakes to find herself as hairy as a werewolf with a bad afro. Heartbroken at the lifetime of waxing that faces her, devestated by a unibrow the size of a toy poodle, Victoria just wants to end it all.
But Antonio Laboeuf won't let her. He's loved her since she first fired him for being too ugly to look at. Now, instead of revenge, he shows her grooming tips and how to love the new woman she's become.
Can she fight through the despair? Can she see love through the unibrow of desire? Will she experience the bliss that is pregnesia?

Next up:

Bobbing Male Cylinders on the Oceans of Lust

Petticoats

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2011, 11:53:40 PM »
*APPLAUSE!*

For both the synopsis and the new title.

Kath68

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2011, 01:49:29 AM »
Potatoes Of Our Hearts Unite

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »
The Man Who Hated a Woman! And the Woman Caught Him and Loved Him!

Geraldo Fabrini, the smoldering, dark-eyed Italian Adonis, nursed a dark passion in his stormy heart- he hated a woman. Not any one woman in particular, mind you, or even women in general. Just a woman. As in, the idea of a single, solitary woman filled him with dread and loathing. Multiple women together were fine, even desirable, but just "a" woman? The thought was intolerable!

Esmeralda Westmore was a man-hunter. And I mean that in the most literal sense- every morning, she left her rustic cabin in the woods, baited her traps with beer and football tickets, and waited. When evening came, she let the ugly ones go, and sold the handsome ones to the neighboring tribe of Amazons. She herself felt no emotion towards the men she captured...until she suddenly found herself gazing into the fierce, lusty eyes of Geraldo.

Now Esmeralda the man-trapper finds herself ensnared by Geraldo's Mediterranean charms. Geraldo, meanwhile, finds himself strangely drawn to this one woman. But the Amazons are clamoring for their next delivery, and Geraldo's old phobia refuses to die. Can Esmeralda stave off the female warriors to keep the man who has finally captured her? Can Geraldo learn to love *a* woman? Ready yourselves for a lusty romp in the woods and read on!

Titles still to be done:
Dazy Gets a Man
Bobbing Male Cylinders on the Oceans of Lust
Potatoes of Our Hearts Unite
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
Dazy Gets a Man:

Dazy 's life centers around knitting kitten mittens for the local animal shelter and extensively blogging photos of her pet cats modeling her latest creations. She's so socially inept she has never even been alone in the same room as a man, let alone been kissed..until the day when the local firefighter, Royce, comes to rescue her latest kitty from a tree. Royce is everything a woman could want in a man..tall, handsome, and exceptionally good at handling a hose. When Royce approaches Dazy about knitting the firefighters some "hose covers" for their latest calendar, Dazy can't help but whip out the measuring tape and get to work...and Royce is all too happy to help her go to any length to get the project done in time. Their passion ignites in a white-hot blaze that burns Dazy right down to her soul.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2011, 04:17:32 PM »
Pregnant Pandora Pops

Pandora is heavily pregnant and without a man, as her fiance jilted her at the alter 2 hours before their wedding.  She doesn't work, so stays at home watching truly trashy TV such as "Sunset Beach", "The Young and the Restless", "Doctors" and "The Jeremy Kyle Show", surrounded by her 3 cats. She uses her laptop to keep up with what is happening on the forums of eHell, and it is here that she meets the enigmatic man who calls himself "Pod" online.  After "chatting" to Pod via PM over several weeks, Pandora and Pod decide to meet.  Pod chooses to meet in a local McDonalds and treats Pandora to a Big Mac meal, complete with strawberry milkshake.  It sounds like a match made in heaven...until Pandora goes into labour in the middle of McDonalds. What does Pod do? Is he up to helping deliver a baby? Will he stick around and be a father figure? And will McDonalds make Pod clean up the mess?
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2011, 04:36:55 PM »
Pregnant Pandora Pops

Pandora is heavily pregnant and without a man, as her fiance jilted her at the alter 2 hours before their wedding.  She doesn't work, so stays at home watching truly trashy TV such as "Sunset Beach", "The Young and the Restless", "Doctors" and "The Jeremy Kyle Show", surrounded by her 3 cats. She uses her laptop to keep up with what is happening on the forums of eHell, and it is here that she meets the enigmatic man who calls himself "Pod" online.  After "chatting" to Pod via PM over several weeks, Pandora and Pod decide to meet.  Pod chooses to meet in a local McDonalds and treats Pandora to a Big Mac meal, complete with strawberry milkshake.  It sounds like a match made in heaven...until Pandora goes into labour in the middle of McDonalds. What does Pod do? Is he up to helping deliver a baby? Will he stick around and be a father figure? Will this be a match in eHeaven? And will McDonald's make Pod clean up the mess?

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »
Pregnant Pandora Pops

Pandora is heavily pregnant and without a man, as her fiance jilted her at the alter 2 hours before their wedding.  She doesn't work, so stays at home watching truly trashy TV such as "Sunset Beach", "The Young and the Restless", "Doctors" and "The Jeremy Kyle Show", surrounded by her 3 cats. She uses her laptop to keep up with what is happening on the forums of eHell, and it is here that she meets the enigmatic man who calls himself "Pod" online.  After "chatting" to Pod via PM over several weeks, Pandora and Pod decide to meet.  Pod chooses to meet in a local McDonalds and treats Pandora to a Big Mac meal, complete with strawberry milkshake.  It sounds like a match made in heaven...until Pandora goes into labour in the middle of McDonalds. What does Pod do? Is he up to helping deliver a baby? Will he stick around and be a father figure? Will this be a match in eHeaven? And will McDonalds make them clean up the mess?

Petticoats

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
Dazy Gets a Man:

Dazy 's life centers around knitting kitten mittens for the local animal shelter and extensively blogging photos of her pet cats modeling her latest creations. She's so socially inept she has never even been alone in the same room as a man, let alone been kissed..until the day when the local firefighter, Royce, comes to rescue her latest kitty from a tree. Royce is everything a woman could want in a man..tall, handsome, and exceptionally good at handling a hose. When Royce approaches Dazy about knitting the firefighters some "hose covers" for their latest calendar, Dazy can't help but whip out the measuring tape and get to work...and Royce is all too happy to help her go to any length to get the project done in time. Their passion ignites in a white-hot blaze that burns Dazy right down to her soul.

*APPLAUSE!* I love it!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
I wonder why mine repeated twice?! How strange. It may have been because my laptop switched itself off just as I posted. I assumed it hadn't gone through, but clearly it had. Apologies for that!!