Author Topic: The Romance Novel Title Game  (Read 10600 times)

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
Re: The Romance Novel Title Game
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »
Bobbing Male Cylinders on the Oceans of Lust

Drake Blaze is a fisherman who spends his days trawling the waves with his crew of big, burly men. After a tragic accident that sweeps one of his crew overboard, he's forced to hire someone new, and soon finds himself oddly drawn to "Jesse", a slender young fisherman who keeps to himself and never shares the communal showers. He never suspects that "Jesse" is actually Jessica DeLayne, daughter of a wealthy crab fisherman who recently went missing after his boat was smashed to pieces during a storm. Desperate to find her father, Jessica disguises herself as a man and gets a job on Drake's boat, where she hopes to find some trace of her father in the stormy seas. As days pass, she finds herself lost in lusty dreams of Drake, but knows he can never discover her secret or he'll force her to go back to shore. Will Drake ever unravel Jessica's disguise? Her next trip to the showers after dark might prove to be her undoing..and Drake's lust might overpower them both.

Petticoats

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
LadyClaire, you're so good at this that I'm starting to wonder if you actually have a career as a novelist.

MerryCat

« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2011, 09:33:07 PM »
I agree with Petticoats! LadyClaire, you should totally Bobbing Male Cylinders on the Oceans of Lust for Nano this year!

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »
Potatoes of Our Hearts Unite

Winsome, nubile Genevieve Wilcox is a young artist down on her luck- there isn't much of a market for still life paintings of root vegetables. Discouraged, disheartened, and irresistibly virginal, young Genevieve is about to give up on her dreams when she receives a letter informing her that she is the sole remaining heir to the vast O'Reilly potato fortune- as well as the ancestral manor house and potato farm in County Kilrenniminick, Ireland. But when she takes her place as chief of O'Reilly Potato Industries, Genevieve quickly finds herself in over her head. Inexperienced in the ways of both spuds and studs, Genevieve needs guidance from someone with more...experience.

Enter Seamus Flanigan, the rugged farmhand and traveling potato lecturer, whose rippling pectorals and lusty Irish brogue hide a heart scarred from the recent loss of his fiancee to an unscrupulous beet rancher. Angry and bitter, Seamus has sworn off the fair sex...until he lays eyes on Genevieve. She's beautiful, she's rich, she has huge...tracts of land. But can a rich American heiress who knows nothing of potatoes find lasting love with a farmer of starchy vegetables? Will Seamus let the seeds of love spring anew in his heart? Will Genevieve let him plough her virgin fields? Find out in Potatoes of Our Hearts Unite!

And I think that catches us up on titles, so I submit to you: Jack, the Bodice-Ripper
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

LyraSilverose

• Never tickle a sleeping tiger.
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2011, 12:19:40 AM »
Jack, the Bodice Ripper

In old London Town, all the girls are a-twitter, as a terrifying menace stalks the streets at night.  A man who claims to be "from Heck", and who proves it nightly, leaving exposed decolletage in his wake as he goes tearing through the city.  Each night, he ruins the wardrobes of the high- and low-born alike, in his effort to expose all the breasts in London.

Melissa Breastington is a sempstress who has had enough.  She spends her days repairing the handiwork of the terrible Ripper, and hasn't a moment to herself.  Bitter and lonely, she spends all her waking hours with needle in hand, until one night she decides to bring the monster down.  Dressed in her best, she stalks the streets, following the trail of bouncing bosoms and torn taffeta until she finds herself trapped in a blind alley facing Jack's knife.

Will Melissa face the Ripper down, and protect her assets at the same time?  Or will Jack find his way past her bodice and right into her heart?

Stallions Are Such Lusty Beasts
Soft paws and sharp claws a tiger do make.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2011, 11:03:34 AM »
LadyClaire, you're so good at this that I'm starting to wonder if you actually have a career as a novelist.

I wish! I'm just an administrative assistant with an overly active imagination..I do have dreams of being a novelist one day, though.  ;D

crella

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
Bobbing Male Cylinders on the Oceans of Lust

OK, that did it, I laughed so hard the dog heard me outside!