Author Topic: Animated signature pics  (Read 6589 times)

bobsyouruncle

Re: Animated signature pics
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
I'd love if they were banned they make me dizzy/sick

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 02:09:40 PM »
Got it. There's an option to say " Don't show users' signatures".

Choose  "Profile summary"
Then choose "look and layout".
Check "Don't show users' signatures".

Save and exit

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

Larrabee

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »

Save and exit

I thought about doing that, but the signatures that don't give me migraines can be really funny, clever, and help you get a bit of a sense of who the poster 'is' so I'm reluctant to.

I have PM'd posters to let them know that their signatures are causing issues for me and therefore quite possibly for others too, after trying that I just have to keep an eye out for their user name and avoid reading their posts where possible.

Dotty G, the thread you've linked to addresses the size of signatures, but the issue here is the flickering coloured animation, which is really a different issue, and possibly an epilepsy trigger as well a migraine one, I don't know I don't have epilepsy.

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »
I agree, I actually really like the vast majority of signatures and would prefer not to hide them all because of just a few that hurt my eyes. Is there a way to hide only particular posters' signatures?

Save and exit

I thought about doing that, but the signatures that don't give me migraines can be really funny, clever, and help you get a bit of a sense of who the poster 'is' so I'm reluctant to.

I have PM'd posters to let them know that their signatures are causing issues for me and therefore quite possibly for others too, after trying that I just have to keep an eye out for their user name and avoid reading their posts where possible.

Dotty G, the thread you've linked to addresses the size of signatures, but the issue here is the flickering coloured animation, which is really a different issue, and possibly an epilepsy trigger as well a migraine one, I don't know I don't have epilepsy.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »

Dotty G, the thread you've linked to addresses the size of signatures,

I realize that. However, she did say, "We are not ultra strict about the sig rules" which does address this issue. In previous discussions about signature lines (including animated ones), the mods have said to report them.

I'm not denying they can be annoying - or even cause seizures - I'm just telling you what we've been told in the past. Maybe this thread will get the rules changed. But at the moment, we have to go with what we have - reporting them.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »
I'm not a fan of them, either.  If they move slowly, that's one thing.  Moving avatars don't bug me as much, either, because they're so much smaller.  But big, flashy, fast moving signatures, especially if they're on the page repeatedly, drive me crazy.  I'd hate to hide all signatures just because a few annoy me, though.  I really enjoy them, overall, so I'll just keep hitting esc.