Author Topic: I researched what to get you!...  (Read 4271 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
Re: I researched what to get you!...
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
I did talk with DH (or rather, I listened while he apologized).  I think the fact that I was past the point of crying and was just very quiet and sad drove home to him just how I felt.  His proposed "solution" is that, next year, he'll take the day of our anniversary off and go get my gift during the day.  ::)  I think I may wait a month or two, and then talk about the advantages of buying gifts *ahead* of time!  :P 

On Sunday I got my gift; a lovely set of earrings and necklace, plus a bouquet of roses and a handwritten apology.  It was sweet (and the necklace and earrings are beautiful), so he's mostly forgiven.  ;)   My friends are pretty amazed that he's not sleeping on the couch still, so I have eHell to thank for not over-reacting. 

Oh, and the gifts came from a local store, so there were no shipping delays or anything like that to worry about.  I asked him about that.

BellyBionic

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »
I really don't have any idea why it is that some people can't grasp the idea of shopping early.  Especially if he knows it's important to you get a gift on the exact day.

I will say that our anniversary was at the end of June, and still no gifts for either of us.  We're going through a financial rough patch, though, and the gifts we both want are a little spendy, so we both know what we're getting, we're just waiting for my financial aid disbursement to buy them.  Neither of us just forgot.  We agreed together to delay the purchase of gifts so we'd be able to pay the rent.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 04:07:35 PM »
I did talk with DH (or rather, I listened while he apologized).  I think the fact that I was past the point of crying and was just very quiet and sad drove home to him just how I felt.  His proposed "solution" is that, next year, he'll take the day of our anniversary off and go get my gift during the day.  ::)   I think I may wait a month or two, and then talk about the advantages of buying gifts *ahead* of time!  :P 

On Sunday I got my gift; a lovely set of earrings and necklace, plus a bouquet of roses and a handwritten apology.  It was sweet (and the necklace and earrings are beautiful), so he's mostly forgiven.  ;)   My friends are pretty amazed that he's not sleeping on the couch still, so I have eHell to thank for not over-reacting. 

Oh, and the gifts came from a local store, so there were no shipping delays or anything like that to worry about.  I asked him about that.

I'm sorry, that made me laugh. That is totally something Gish would say, and he would really think it was a great solution :)
He always does shopping at the last minute - and somehow comes up with really nice gifts. I don't understand it. I have already started thinking about Xmas, but when it finally gets here he will have managed to find the perfect thing on 12/24 while i feel like the thing i put so much thought into months ago isn't up to par  :P It's unnerving.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
It sounds like he's a really sweet, thoughtful guy.  It might be worth trying to focus on the positive and be less concerned about a specific day.  Think of it as an anniversary week!

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
Glad you have it resolved because EvilBopper might have said "I thought about what I was going to make for dinner tonight but i didn't actually make it."