Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

Issues with Posters/Veracity/Suspected Trolling

<< < (3/16) > >>

RebeccainGA:
I have noticed a couple of otherwise normal folks (or at least people that have multiple hundred posts, so I'd assume they have been playing by the rules for a while) that have gone absolutely screechy angry horrible in the last few weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? Posts that were pretty much all agreeing with the OP, then one that is just 'if you do that you'd be better off killing puppies' sort of reactions.

blue2000:

--- Quote from: RebeccainGA on December 24, 2012, 10:24:38 AM ---I have noticed a couple of otherwise normal folks (or at least people that have multiple hundred posts, so I'd assume they have been playing by the rules for a while) that have gone absolutely screechy angry horrible in the last few weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? Posts that were pretty much all agreeing with the OP, then one that is just 'if you do that you'd be better off killing puppies' sort of reactions.

--- End quote ---

I haven't noticed any particular posters, but I have noticed an unusual number of threads that have gotten rather... bitter.  :-\ Normally we can disagree with each other and not get quite so personal about it.

RebeccainGA:

--- Quote from: blue2000 on December 24, 2012, 01:08:36 PM ---I haven't noticed any particular posters, but I have noticed an unusual number of threads that have gotten rather... bitter.  :-\ Normally we can disagree with each other and not get quite so personal about it.

--- End quote ---

I'm at least glad I'm not the only one that's noticed it - some people have gotten really nasty with folks for minor things. Maybe it's just holiday stress?

blue2000:

--- Quote from: RebeccainGA on December 24, 2012, 01:16:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: blue2000 on December 24, 2012, 01:08:36 PM ---I haven't noticed any particular posters, but I have noticed an unusual number of threads that have gotten rather... bitter.  :-\ Normally we can disagree with each other and not get quite so personal about it.

--- End quote ---

I'm at least glad I'm not the only one that's noticed it - some people have gotten really nasty with folks for minor things. Maybe it's just holiday stress?

--- End quote ---

I hope so!

rashea:

--- Quote from: blue2000 on December 24, 2012, 01:48:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: RebeccainGA on December 24, 2012, 01:16:10 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I hope so!

--- End quote ---

It's cyclical. Things go great for a while, and then there's a bit of everyone being grouchy at the same time. Usually it settles down pretty quickly (and holiday stress could be part of it, sometimes it's just a topic that comes up that riles people). Sometimes it doesn't settle, and that's when we go through dark times where people end up banned or gagged for a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version