Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

Issues with Posters/Veracity/Suspected Trolling

<< < (2/16) > >>

Hollanda:
I would say at a guess when 3 or 4 posters have posted lengthy monologues which tear away from the main point of the thread. I have seen warnings from Mods that if people do not get back to the point then the thread will be locked.

PastryGoddess:
That makes sense Hollanda...

HorseFreak:

--- Quote from: PastryGoddess on January 28, 2012, 06:12:15 PM ---Maybe this has already been answered so please point me in the right direction if I'm being redundant.

What happens if the etiquette advice is tied up in legal/medical issues?  I have noticed when reading older posts that some posts get locked and others don't.  I haven't been figure out from reading how much medical/legal chit chat will be tolerated before a mod steps in.

--- End quote ---

Telling someone they should consider consulting a lawyer or doctor is OK. For example, "I would suggest having your doctor look at your toe because it could be serious." or "You should consult a lawyer because there might be a local law pertaining to how to handle fence payment with neighbors." Giving outright legal or medical advice is NOT ok, such as, "Your toe is green with polka dots on Tuesdays because your pancreas needs to be removed," is not OK. There's sometimes a fine line between OK and not OK and you can always ask a mod.

Solanna Dryden:

--- Quote from: Hollanda on January 28, 2012, 06:17:32 PM ---I would say at a guess when 3 or 4 posters have posted lengthy monologues which tear away from the main point of the thread. I have seen warnings from Mods that if people do not get back to the point then the thread will be locked.

--- End quote ---

What about in the Off-Topic folder? For example, "Post your Favourite Animal"

Poster 1: I like dogs.
Poster 2: I like cats
Poster 3: Oh my goodness, I like dogs too! What kind of dogs do you like? Where did you get yours? What kind of food do you feed them?
Poster 4: I think horses are pretty neat.
Poster 1: [quote poster 2] I have cockapoos and I love them! I got them from Cockapoos R' Us! I feed them Super Amazing Dog Food!
Poster 5: Oh I love Super Amazing Dog Food! But it's so expensive!
Poster 6: Hey where my axolotl fans be at?
Poster 1: Oh you should try Costco for Super Amazing Dog Food! You can get it for 2.99 a pound!
Posters 2, 4, and 6: ... (and the dog conversation continues on)

hehe...I had too much fun with that  ;D

Hollanda:
It is frustrating when you really want an answer to your question and people just veer off topic. I did actually leave eHell when I was pregnant because I felt intimidated (see Complete Silence: "Since When Has Being Pregnant Been Disgusting?")I was simply frustrated with trying to get my point across. In the end I gave up, forgetting what my point even was.  It hurt me, the number of people who hinted that I was a Pregzilla or SS wanted to be treated "different". I didn't. I just wanted common courtesy, the same as I show others. Anyway. It got sorted, I just don't want this to happen again. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version