Author Topic: Madonna Disses a Gift Into a Live Mic  (Read 7057 times)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Madonna Disses a Gift Into a Live Mic
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:01:30 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2034262/Madonna-impressed-floral-gift-fan-I-absolutely-loathe-hydrangeas.html

Madonna was doing a press conference. Before the conference but after the mics were turned on, a fan gave her a hydrangea. She responded by thanking the person, putting the flower under the table, and said to the person beside her, "I absolutely loathe hydrangeas. He obviously doesn't know that."  ::)

First of all, when will people learn that whenever you are near a microphone, ASSUME IT IS ON. Seriously!

Second, some are saying that she was simply making a comment to the person beside her and not slamming the gift (which, let's face it, still isn't particularly polite when the person is right there and the mic is on). Personally, I don't buy it and think she was incredibly rude, but I figured I'd ask y'all. If she was just saying it as a comment to the person beside her and thought the giver couldn't hear her, was she rude?
The status is not quo!

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
Re: Madonna Disses a Gift Into a Live Mic
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »
I've always thought Madonna lacked class.  This just seems like one more example.

She's just so wrapped up in herself!

How is anyone supposed to know that she "looooaaathes" hydrangeas?  And it was just a cut bloom.  It's not like she has to keep it forever or even for a day.

No class, that woman.  :P

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 02:15:17 PM »
I think if you don't like a gift, that should only be discussed in private to a trusted confidant and certainly not at the venue where it was recieved with others who could overhear. Microphone or not, I doubt she was out of earshot of most people.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »
I have gotten gifts I hate. The only person who knows is my mom, after the event is over with and we're alone. Madonna was rude.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 04:10:33 PM »
I think if you don't like a gift, that should only be discussed in private to a trusted confidant and certainly not at the venue where it was recieved with others who could overhear. Microphone or not, I doubt she was out of earshot of most people.

ITA. That kind of thing should be saved for conversations at home, not in public.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »
But she's a STAR! Therefore, her likes and dislikes should be part of the modern school curriculum. THere's just no excuse for not knowing how she feels about hydrangeas.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 04:15:17 PM »
I love hydrangeas and that deep purple bloom was adorable. 

She couldn't hold her remark until later in private?  But then, she was never one to keep her opinions to herself or care what other people think or feel.  ::)

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 04:26:22 PM »
I love hydrangeas and that deep purple bloom was adorable. 

She couldn't hold her remark until later in private?  But then, she was never one to keep her opinions to herself or care what other people think or feel.  ::)

I also love hydrangeas.  They are my favorite bloom and bush.

I am offended by her comment on behalf of hydrangeas!   ;)

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
Madonna was the first person I ever seriously considered that might eat her young.

She is quite clueless and classless.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
Oh, Madonna. Pretty ironic considering she wrote a children's book about being nice to other people  ::) Her fake British accent still makes me snicker

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2034262/Madonna-impressed-floral-gift-fan-I-absolutely-loathe-hydrangeas.html

Madonna was doing a press conference. Before the conference but after the mics were turned on, a fan gave her a hydrangea. She responded by thanking the person, putting the flower under the table, and said to the person beside her, "I absolutely loathe hydrangeas. He obviously doesn't know that."  ::)

First of all, when will people learn that whenever you are near a microphone, ASSUME IT IS ON. Seriously!

Second, some are saying that she was simply making a comment to the person beside her and not slamming the gift (which, let's face it, still isn't particularly polite when the person is right there and the mic is on). Personally, I don't buy it and think she was incredibly rude, but I figured I'd ask y'all. If she was just saying it as a comment to the person beside her and thought the giver couldn't hear her, was she rude?

Re: the bolded: I love that! It's brilliant! From now on, I'll use it. "I wasn't calling you ugly, I was just making a comment."
 ::)

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »
Madonna is like school on Saturday.  No class.  #fatalbert

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 08:02:17 PM »
Oh, Madonna. Pretty ironic considering she wrote a children's book about being nice to other people  ::) Her fake British accent still makes me snicker

No Givebacks!
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 08:03:44 PM »
Yeah, she's all yours now! >:D
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »
Madonna was the first person I ever seriously considered that might eat her young.

She is quite clueless and classless.

That should be the name of her next album/tour.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!