Author Topic: Madonna Disses a Gift Into a Live Mic  (Read 6860 times)

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
Re: Madonna Disses a Gift Into a Live Mic
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
Hydrangeas don't really have much of a scent. I could see hating roses, lilies, gardenias, or even freesia (some smell like Froot Loops and some smell like pepper; there's no way to tell which are which until you take a sniff) because they all have distinctive scents. Hydrangeas, not so much.
The status is not quo!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2011, 03:27:09 PM »
There are a LOT of things I love and remember bout Johnny Depp cause he's just my favorite, but if someone were to ask me what cologne he wears or his favorite wine or plant, I honestly couldn't tell you!! 

I used to love Madonna when I was a kid but I could really care less about her now.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »
I'm just trying to understand how one comes to loathe a particular kind of flower. What about it inspires such hatred? The shape of the petals? The colors? The leaves? I mean I've got flower preferences like anyone else, but I can't imagine being disgruntled enough about a specific flower to even make an off-hand remark to somebody nearby. Maybe if I was horribly allergic to it.

If, hypothetically, I was a very famous person, and even more hypothetically a fan gave me a bouquet of lavender, I would have to refuse it. I'm extremely allergic to lavender, and as such, can't stand to be around it. But if it were just a flower I didn't care for particularly, then I'd just take the darn thing with a smile and a thank you. That's what composting heaps are for, and even if I were Madonna, I'd be surprised if the paparazzi were digging through my compost.

Her "apology" was really what cinched this as rude. No one cares that she doesn't like hydrangeas, and no one is demanding why she doesn't like such a beautiful flower. It could be any number of reasons, and unless her mother was killed by a hydrangea bush, there's no reason anyone outside her immediate circle would be expected to know this. She just doesn't seem to get that it's not that she doesn't like a particular type of flower, but that she was so incredibly ungracious about a gift from a fan. This is a guy who has presumably already put a lot of money into her pocket (buying her albums, going to her concerts, seeing her films), and then he tries to give her a token of his esteem as well, only for her to immediately bad mouth it.

glacio

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 11:52:10 PM »
I'm just trying to understand how one comes to loathe a particular kind of flower. What about it inspires such hatred? The shape of the petals? The colors? The leaves? I mean I've got flower preferences like anyone else, but I can't imagine being disgruntled enough about a specific flower to even make an off-hand remark to somebody nearby. Maybe if I was horribly allergic to it.

I fell in a thorn bush when I was 5 years old. I have had a hatred (or maybe more of a phobia) of roses ever since, although over the past few years I've been able to hold them for short periods of time so I've gotten a bit better.

That said, I would only hold it against someone that I had known for awhile. My boyfriend was informed really quickly that he would not get the reaction he wanted if he ever brought me roses.