Author Topic: What Do You Have On Your Keychain?  (Read 5858 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
What Do You Have On Your Keychain?
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:29:55 AM »
Exactly what it says on the tin, folks.

What's on your keychain?  Let's assume "keys" is a given.  :P  Let's also assume the majority of us (in the states, anyway) have a plethora of little plastic shopper's club cards for various supermarkets that seem to breed like rabbits.  I mean, if you want to do a key count or a card count, that works too.

But what do you have that the average person doesn't?  For example, my keychain has a 3 ft tape measure.  It's actually quite useful.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Re: What Do You Have On Your Keychain?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:38:09 AM »
My keychain is boring, but Dh just got one that is a very realistic looking human eye-made by a company that supplies such things to wax figure and mannequin makers.

Yeah, he's weird. But he's cute.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:40:53 AM »
I carry a flash drive.  It has all my work documents, because I don't trust the harddrives at work.

I also carry a coke bottle opener. I got it when a MiniMart near my apartment complex opened; I guess it was some sort of "we're open now!" giveaway.

SiotehCat

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:52:23 AM »
I have nothing useful, just a picture of my DS.

My DH has a flash drive. DS has a small license plate with his name on it.

Milash

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:08:55 AM »
I have a pair of miniature pair of handcuffs I got while visiting an old gaol. I also have a solar powered picture that lights up a picture of my cat and a miniature shoe

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:09:56 AM »
A large blue glass evil eye bead from Cyprus.

kitty_kats mom

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 08:10:55 AM »
I have 2 keychains I carry around   :P    On one (the "original") just keys keys and more keys (3 out of 5 cars, both houses - including keyed storage units).  On the other one, it's just the key to the new car   ;D, the keyless fob and a very special keychain from a very dear friend from 24 years ago - shiny silver high heel with "diamonds" on it.  She has a matching keychain - when she sent me mine, she included a note about "what a pair" we were back in the day!!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 08:11:57 AM »
Due to a need to swap vehicles at times (and past experience when both sets of keys for my vehicle ended up going to work with VorGuy while he left me the keys for his vehicle - but took his vehicle........) I have set up sets of keys for each vehicle on individual keychains rather than sets of keys for each driver.

Brass dragon on MY house keys, little flashlight with the keys for the mini-van, house key & work office key on the set VorGuy carries, and a souvenir tag with Bluebonnets that says "Texas" on it for the spare house key & mailbox key set kept as a "spare" house set.  I have a pewter dragon key chain for when one of the others breaks..........as well as a cross stitched design, a brass cat with two kittens, a photo frame of grandbaby pictures (kept in my purse without keys), and Wonder Woman (from Six Flags Over Georgia).  I like cute key chains.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Nibsey

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 08:24:11 AM »
I have a funky purple cross, a plastic me to you tatty teddy that my SO gave one valentines day and a cheap fold up scissors from a cracker.
So far the scissors has been great, I got them donkey years ago and they still work.
“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”- Douglas Adams
Éire (Ireland)

purplemuse

• Super Hero!
  • This is going to be super special awesome!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »
A rubber Alphonse from Full Metal Alchemist.

I have other keychains around the apartment, but that's the only one I trust to be sturdy enough to stand up to being banged around with a bunch of metal keys.

Dragons 8 Cactus

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 08:50:05 AM »
Just a house key, a car key, a post office box key, a safety one way valve mask for CPR and a gold cross.

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 08:59:14 AM »
I just have keys, including a few that I'm not sure what they're to, and an extra keychain (primary keychain is a Brighton heart; secondary one is a silver spoon handle). I've had ignition problems from keychain weight, so I try to keep it slim.
Words mean things.

Evil Duckie

• This is not the duck you are looking for
    • My dragon scroll
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
I have a jumpdrive, a red cockpit ribbon says "remove before flight", an led red light and handmade iron leaf that I bought years ago from a blacksmith. The leaf sounds decorative and it is but it also has been used to pry open many a bottle or can.

marcel

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:45 AM »
My car key has a type of bell cord, with several knots. I con't remember exactly what I did and how, but what you see is:

Monkey fist, but quadrupled instead of triple by the look of it, in reality it is 2 lines doubled.
Next I used the 4 lines to make a basic crown knot braid of 3 cm.
It is ended with what looks like a wall-crown knot, though it is hard to say (I made it 5 years ago, and I melted the ends to the knot.

My house keys, my bicycle keys, and my work keys each have their own keychain, all just a basic ring.
Wherever you go..... There you are.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 09:26:59 AM »
Only 3 actual keys (car, home, mailbox).  Also have the keyless fob, two little discount thingies (one for a store I no longer shop at!), and 4 decorative additions.  I have a leather tab that says 221B Baker St on it, a pewter medallion from the Eagles' Long Road out of Eden concert tour (that we mysteriously bent during a road trip), a bone medallion with a wolf's head carved into it that my Aunt gave me when I got my first car, and a heart that says I Love You that my mom gave me ages and ages ago.