A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Weird features spotted while house hunting

<< < (103/114) > >>

Hillia:

--- Quote from: Where's the Quiet? on March 26, 2013, 04:07:55 PM ---I have a five year old son who would LOVE to live in a firehouse! That sounds really neat.

--- End quote ---

I once looked at an old firehouse that had been converted into a residential rental.  Well, sort of converted...the bathroom still had a 3 stall, 2 urinal setup.  Would have been handy for parties, I suppose.

jedikaiti:
Where do you find listings for old churches and firehouses for sale?

Shoo:
We looked at a house that was very nice.  Problem was, it was directly underneath some very gigantic and ominous looking powerlines.  We called it the Brain Cancer House.

Bluenomi:

--- Quote from: WestAussieGirl on June 05, 2012, 08:19:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: kitty_ev on June 04, 2012, 09:23:02 PM ---In addition, most of the houses here had an upstairs toilet (no sink, just the toilet) in a separate room to the bath/shower and sink.

--- End quote ---

That's a standard arrangement here in West Oz.  Ensuites usually have the toilet in the same room as the shower etc but the family bathroom usually has the toilet in a separate room. You then go into the bathroom to wash your hands.

That's why when Americans say they are going to the bathroom it confuses us.  You won't find a toilet in there.   :)

--- End quote ---

I think that is pretty standard in most of Oz. We refused to buy a house that had the loo in the bathroom, it's more convient seperate when you've only got one bathroom, it means you can use it while someone else is in the shower. we didn't see many, mostly they we houses with bad bathroon renos.

We keep thinking about upgrading our loo to one with the sink in the cistern so you don't need to use the bathroom or kitchen sink to wash your hands.

OSUJillyBean:
1.  When we were looking to buy our first house, I had a habit of checking inside of cabinets, appliances, etc.  I was surprised once to find a whole load of dirty dishes inside the stove where the family had stashed them!  I think it was to make the sink look cleaner and really, who look sin the oven (besides weirdos like me?).  We didn't hold it against them though, although it was pretty funny.

2.  One of the weirdest things I've seen while looking for college housing (off-campus) was a jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom that had FULL SHAG CARPET ON THE FLOORS AND OUTSIDE WALLS OF THE TUB.  That house was the moldiest, nastiest property we looked at and I was so glad we found someplace clean to live!!!

3.  ETA this:  http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/a8LZZr1_460s.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version