Author Topic: Old wedding threads popping up in my unread replies...  (Read 2457 times)

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
Old wedding threads popping up in my unread replies...
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:16:41 PM »
Just curious, but I've had a bunch of older wedding threads (the one's with the dates as the titles, not just random etiquette topics) pop up as "unread replies" - some of these are from 2008!  :o

Not really a problem for me, but definitely a glitch and I thought I'd see if it happened to anyone else, or perhaps Ehelldame had done some software thing recently and I thought I'd report this random misfire as an fyi. 
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
Re: Old wedding threads popping up in my unread replies...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:32:20 PM »
I have 80 pages of unread threads, most of which date waaaaaaay back in time.  I would guess that this is common across posters of long-standing.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

hardia

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »
I expect it has to do with the rearranging of the wedding folders -- all of the old wedding threads have been sorted into child boards by year.  Maybe the moving of an old thread would cause it to pop back up to the top?

Ontario, Canada

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »
I have 80 pages of unread threads, most of which date waaaaaaay back in time.  I would guess that this is common across posters of long-standing.

I use the "mark all as read" button monthly to avoid that.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 07:50:31 AM »

I mark all messages as read quite often, so this doesnt explain it for me, but thanks anyway!

Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 07:51:25 AM »
I expect it has to do with the rearranging of the wedding folders -- all of the old wedding threads have been sorted into child boards by year.  Maybe the moving of an old thread would cause it to pop back up to the top?

ah, this could be it! Thanks hardia!

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 08:48:28 PM »
Well, that's certainly an interesting side effect of rearranging the wedding folders.   More to come, btw since I haven't finished with Planning folder. 

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 11:04:20 AM »
thanks for the heads up - thought it would be useful information for you.