A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

BBQ - in Europe?

(1/6) > >>

General Jinjur:
I was wondering if the American summertime tradition of setting up a grill and flame-broiling a bunch of meat happens in Europe. There are Asian countries who BBQ, but I don't recall ever hearing of, say, an English cookout or a German bratwurst hoedown or whatever. BBQs: yes or no?

Nibsey:

--- Quote from: General Jinjur on September 12, 2011, 03:15:31 PM ---I was wondering if the American summertime tradition of setting up a grill and flame-broiling a bunch of meat happens in Europe. There are Asian countries who BBQ, but I don't recall ever hearing of, say, an English cookout or a German bratwurst hoedown or whatever. BBQs: yes or no?

--- End quote ---

(Ireland)

Yes but then you generally have to go back inside to eat because even though the sun may be splitting the stones when your start, the heavens will open as soon as your finished cooking.  >:(

As soon as the weather gets good the whole neighbour starts grilling you can smell it for miles.  :D lol

It's generally burgers, sausages for hotdogs or steak and salad.

Ferrets:
(UK)

Exactly what Nibsey said. :)

Especially regarding the weather. ::)

mechtilde:
UK as well.

I didn't seen BBQ at all when I was a child (30 years ago) but it is more popular now. When it isn't raining that is...

I think there may be more of a tradition of BBQ as street food in some European countries though. I've seen it with sausages and cutlets in Germany.

MariaE:
Denmark as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version