News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 02, 2016, 05:02:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Home Buying Etiquette  (Read 29209 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
Re: Home Buying Etiquette
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2015, 11:55:42 PM »
Best to board your cat elsewhere or take her to your friend's place during showings, yes. You have no idea who'll be coming through your house, they may be careless or even actively dislike cats, or just too slow to stop your cat from running out the door... safest to have her somewhere else entirely.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Klein Bottle

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
Best to board your cat elsewhere or take her to your friend's place during showings, yes. You have no idea who'll be coming through your house, they may be careless or even actively dislike cats, or just too slow to stop your cat from running out the door... safest to have her somewhere else entirely.

Thank you! I am probably going to let my BFF keep them while the house is on the market, unless I already have the tiny house I'm looking for. (I looked at a one bedroom in the city a couple weeks ago. It's darling, and the price is certainly right, but it has issues such as the one bathroom being located in the basement. Thus, it's a cash only deal, as no bank will issue a mortgage with that condition. And, I don't have the time or expertise to fix or remodel things, at least, not beyond the cosmetic. I hope another small cute one is waiting for me next Spring!)
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

crazycatlady331

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2016, 07:04:54 PM »
Old thread but this takes me back to my childhood (when I was dragged to open houses almost every weekend between about 7-10).   I hated it then (my parents had no intention of moving or buying another house, they just went to open houses for fun) and honestly I don't see myself ever buying a home.  I had enough with the home stuff in childhood to be happy in an apartment for the rest of my life.

Until you are a serious buyer of a particular home (follow-up visit, etc) consider making alternative arrangements for your children as it is not the most age-appropriate activity (babysitter, playdates, grandma time, etc).  This is a benefit for you, the children, and the seller (they won't run wild).