Etiquette School is in session! > The Ehell Guide to Never Behaving Badly

University Etiquette

<< < (23/23)

AccountingIsFun:
Please remember that the professor often does not have the power to change what publishers have done.
Please do not berate us for problems with a computer system that we are required to use.
Read the syllabus, shower, do not surf facebook during class.
I know the game is important, but having a long discussion about it during class is never appropriate.
If I have told you that I am allergic to perfume, please do not wear perfume to my classroom. I will be sick for days later.
I am not psychic but I am not stupid either - so don't make up weird excuses why you are missing class or not doing the homework, but don't just ghost.
Learning comes from hard work, so please be prepared that class isn't going to be easy. If college was easy, everyone would do it - remember Terry Pratchett said "If you trust in yourself...and believe in your dreams....and follow your star.... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy".

EllenS:

--- Quote from: AccountingIsFun on October 01, 2015, 03:32:49 PM ---Please remember that the professor often does not have the power to change what publishers have done.
Please do not berate us for problems with a computer system that we are required to use.
Read the syllabus, shower, do not surf facebook during class.
I know the game is important, but having a long discussion about it during class is never appropriate.
If I have told you that I am allergic to perfume, please do not wear perfume to my classroom. I will be sick for days later.
I am not psychic but I am not stupid either - so don't make up weird excuses why you are missing class or not doing the homework, but don't just ghost.
Learning comes from hard work, so please be prepared that class isn't going to be easy. If college was easy, everyone would do it - remember Terry Pratchett said "If you trust in yourself...and believe in your dreams....and follow your star.... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy".

--- End quote ---

I absolutely love that quote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version