Author Topic: Peanut butter  (Read 35657 times)

Giggity

• Super Hero!
Re: Peanut butter
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 11:39:24 AM »
My little brother used to eat the marshmallow concoctions. I have no idea how one chews those. Sticky substance + sticky substance = sticky mouth!
Words mean things.

mandycorn

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
With lots of milk to wash it down!

I love my fluffernutter sandwiches with chocolate chips in the middle and on toast, so the spread gets a little soft and melty :D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

audrey1962

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
We belong to the PB&J of the month club...

Betelnut

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »
We belong to the PB&J of the month club...

Ohhh, yum!  I Google that and found the website.  The only thing is that the pictures of the jam just oozing from the bread turned me off.  I don't really like gobs of jam like that.  But is still is a really neat concept!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »
English muffin fresh out of the toaster with creamy melty PB.......*drool* YUM

Arizona

Betelnut

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
English muffin fresh out of the toaster with creamy melty PB.......*drool* YUM

Add honey and I'm in.  I've eaten that a million times at least.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 02:10:51 PM »
I love peanut butter! I'll eat it on a sandwich (don't ask about my pb and ham sandwiches), with carrots or celery, on crackers, on toast, waffles, or pancakes...Yeah, I think I might enjoy a PB&J sandwich.  :P

And, I'm from the Southern US. Hate crunchy peanut butter - I feel like there are bugs in my mouth.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Ereine

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »
I'm in Finland. I don't think that I've ever eaten peanut butter, except maybe once in Ben&Jerry's ice cream. I believe that it's available here, at least in some stores though Nutella type of things are more common and neither is particularly popular on sandwiches. I think that we have the wrong sort of bread, rye bread is very popular and I think that most of our bread has the sort of taste and texture that doesn't go well with things like that. Is most American bread wheat?

Some stores have started stocking exotic American items recently. Like that marshmallow Fluff. It was very delicious though I couldn't imagine eating it on bread.

Betelnut

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 03:47:43 PM »
I'm in Finland. I don't think that I've ever eaten peanut butter, except maybe once in Ben&Jerry's ice cream. I believe that it's available here, at least in some stores though Nutella type of things are more common and neither is particularly popular on sandwiches. I think that we have the wrong sort of bread, rye bread is very popular and I think that most of our bread has the sort of taste and texture that doesn't go well with things like that. Is most American bread wheat?

Some stores have started stocking exotic American items recently. Like that marshmallow Fluff. It was very delicious though I couldn't imagine eating it on bread.

Yeah, peanut butter and rye bread would be an ... interesting ... combination although I believe I have done it out of desperation.  In the US, wheat bread is the default (both whole wheat and refined wheat).

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 03:50:54 PM »
Now I'm craving my all-time favorite sandwich: peanut butter and bacon. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

mandycorn

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 04:09:42 PM »

Yeah, peanut butter and rye bread would be an ... interesting ... combination although I believe I have done it out of desperation.  In the US, wheat bread is the default (both whole wheat and refined wheat).

I love peanut butter on rye bread. But you have to toast the bread first, then add a thin layer of butter, and then a thicker layer of creamy peanut butter. It's been my go-to breakfast for almost a decade!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

demarco

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 08:30:11 PM »
I 'll eat PB on rye if the rye is toasted.  Not bad.

My favorite PB platform is toasted oat bread.  The PB melts nicely and the nuttiness of the oats enhances the nuttiness of the PB. 

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 03:09:15 AM »

This Australian loves some Kraft smooth peanut butter!  With milk to drink.  :)
Especially on hot grainy toast.
We have crunchy as well but I won't eat that.
Stewart/Colbert '16

DuBois

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 03:27:15 AM »

I'm British and obsessed with peanut butter. Not with jam, I wouldn't like that. But I love it with Nutella. My favourite comfort food is two digestive biscuits (graham crackers) sandwiched together with PB, sliced bananas, and Nutella. If I'm really going to town, I add whipped cream.

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 03:33:43 AM »
In Australia PB is very popular. Unfortunately due to nut allergies, it's not allowed to be taken into most schools. So many kids would have Vegemite at least once a week instead. Not that Vegemite is a substitute being savoury rather than sweet, but it's an easy spread and make a delicious sandwich, not combined with marshmallow though.  ;)

Victoria