Author Topic: Peanut butter  (Read 36945 times)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
Re: Peanut butter
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »
Yes, PB goes great with ice cream.  I add it to ice cream shakes.  Blend shake like normal, then add PB.  Pulse blend, and then eat.  Really thickens up.

I generally dislike toast, but still warm toast with PB is great.  The PB melts a little.

I remember my Czech relatives were fascinated with PB.

kethria

• عاشق, ولهان
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »
Okay, who else puts peanut butter on their pancakes or their waffles? It's a tradition practically in our family. Cabbage puts peanut butter and jelly on her waffles, but I never go that far.

Peanut butter and maple syrup on waffles or pancakes. Oh yes.

Carotte

« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2012, 01:57:32 PM »
France here!
I love peanut butter, but not everyone here knows what it is/ has tasted it. It's not overly easy to find, and it's mostly import so it's quite expensive.
And it's quite sad that we don't get anything with peanut butter inside, reeses cup? a mere dream for me, I'm sure it doesn't really exist, I've never had any :(.
We are more of a Nutella country.

And now I'm craving some peanut butter, but I know I don't have any :(

Information_queen

• Meaghan, her family's personal librarian
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:25 PM »
Okay, who else puts peanut butter on their pancakes or their waffles? It's a tradition practically in our family. Cabbage puts peanut butter and jelly on her waffles, but I never go that far.

My favorite breakfast is peanut butter sandwiches made with blueberry waffles. Extra toasty.

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »

My favorite breakfast is peanut butter sandwiches made with blueberry waffles. Extra toasty.

Mine, too! Although my favorite way to enjoy peanut butter is either on a spoon, or spread on rye crackers and topped with kippered herring. Sounds gross, tastes awesome.
Utah

Lynnv

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »

Mine, too! Although my favorite way to enjoy peanut butter is either on a spoon, or spread on rye crackers and topped with kippered herring. Sounds gross, tastes awesome.

No herring here (just not a big fish fan), but pb on rye crackers-yummy!  Of course, I also like PB&J on rye bread(or pumpernickel or sourdough) too, so I might be an odd duck on that front.
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »

No herring here (just not a big fish fan), but pb on rye crackers-yummy!  Of course, I also like PB&J on rye bread(or pumpernickel or sourdough) too, so I might be an odd duck on that front.

If by "odd duck" you mean "enjoy-er of deliciousness", then yes.
Utah

Betelnut

« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
France here!
I love peanut butter, but not everyone here knows what it is/ has tasted it. It's not overly easy to find, and it's mostly import so it's quite expensive.
And it's quite sad that we don't get anything with peanut butter inside, reeses cup? a mere dream for me, I'm sure it doesn't really exist, I've never had any :(.
We are more of a Nutella country.

And now I'm craving some peanut butter, but I know I don't have any :(

No peanut butter cups?  Quelle horreur!!!!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

amylouky

« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »
Am I really the only person who enjoys grilled pb&j?

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »
Never occured to me.  I prefer my PB warm, so that sounds amazing

amylouky

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »
Never occured to me.  I prefer my PB warm, so that sounds amazing

It is!! I just make it like a grilled cheese, although with less butter on the bread because it's very rich otherwise.

EMuir

« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »
Am I the only one whose dad taught her to enjoy peanut butter and onion sandwiches?  I thought it was a British thing, since Dad's parents were from England.

My favorite way is a thin layer of PB on warm buttered toast. Greasy and good. :)

jenny_islander

« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2012, 02:10:31 AM »
Unsweetened old-fashioned peanut butter and thinly sliced Kosher dill pickle (press some of the moisture out with a towel) on warm, crisply toasted whole-wheat bread.  I don't know why it works, but it works.

BTW, I've been researching US internal food aid programs recently.  There are three different programs that I am aware of that provide vouchers for specific foods or deliver commodities directly to clients.  They all include peanut butter.  Even non-government food banks around the country stock it.  It's just that good at killing hunger and keeping a person going.

Back to less serious topics: Reese's makes peanut butter filled chocolate pumpkins for Hallowee and Christmas trees for, well, Christmas.  And peanut butter eggs for Easter.  Mmmm!  If you can't get peanut butter cups where you live and you're craving them, here's a quick way to make some:

Melt some eating chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave.  Drizzle some into each cup of a gem pan (a pan that makes teeny tiny muffins or cupcakes/fairy cakes) or use bite-sized tartlet pans or candy molds.  Use a pastry brush to work the chocolate up the walls of each receptacle, then chill until set.  Spoon a little lightly sweetened peanut butter into each cup.  Choose a variety with a very strong roasted peanut taste and add honey or sugar as needed.  Flatten the top of each morsel of peanut butter.  Now pour melted chocolate on top and chill again.  Keep cool.

whatsanenigma

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2012, 09:10:09 PM »
Maybe I just missed it, but I'm really suprised no one has mentioned peanut butter and banana sandwiches yet.  Those are so great-I ate many more of those growing up than I did PBJ ones.  I also like peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

Somebody did mention that peanut butter and butter sandwiches were good but rich, but personally I find that just a really thin layer of margarine on the bread under the peanut butter keeps the peanut butter from sticking to the roof of my mouth.  I don't remember where I read that, and when I did, it sounded weird, but I really really irrationally hate it when the peanut butter does that, so I tried it, and it really does work.  Personally I don't taste any difference, but YMMV.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2012, 09:12:09 PM »
Maybe I just missed it, but I'm really suprised no one has mentioned peanut butter and banana sandwiches yet.  Those are so great-I ate many more of those growing up than I did PBJ ones.  I also like peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

Somebody did mention that peanut butter and butter sandwiches were good but rich, but personally I find that just a really thin layer of margarine on the bread under the peanut butter keeps the peanut butter from sticking to the roof of my mouth.  I don't remember where I read that, and when I did, it sounded weird, but I really really irrationally hate it when the peanut butter does that, so I tried it, and it really does work.  Personally I don't taste any difference, but YMMV.

I thought I di mention pb, banana, honey and granola.  Grilled. Fabulous.