Author Topic: Peanut butter  (Read 35109 times)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
Re: Peanut butter
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »
My toddler daughter discovered a new combo.  PB on Golden Grahams.

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »
There's a local restaurant that make PB&J crepes.  They are delicious!

RandomAngel

« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
I saw a recipe today for chocolate cake with peanut-butter-buttercream icing...and I have all of the ingredients in the house right now. But the 1/4 cup of peanut butter it calls for is about all I have left...but I have a care package coming...but it might get held up in customs...but I could probably save a little of the current jar...but what if my mom hasn't even sent the package yet?

This is maddening.

JennJenn68

« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »
I saw a recipe today for chocolate cake with peanut-butter-buttercream icing...and I have all of the ingredients in the house right now. But the 1/4 cup of peanut butter it calls for is about all I have left...but I have a care package coming...but it might get held up in customs...but I could probably save a little of the current jar...but what if my mom hasn't even sent the package yet?

This is maddening.

But what if the world ends?  Oh, come on, take a risk!  You know that you'll regret it if you don't go ahead and, in the words of the Nike people, "Just do it"!

Yes... I'm a bad influence.  Always have been, always will be.   >:D

Betelnut

« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
peanut-butter-buttercream icing

<moan drool moan drool> Oh my goodness...that sounds divine.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

snowfire

« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2012, 01:06:18 AM »
We just had a chocolate fondue the other night.  It was milk chocolate, peanut butter and some sort of raspberry stuff.  My taste buds are still in heaven!

I like the all natural chunky style by preference.

LazyDaisy

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »
Jamba Juice has a Peanut Butter Moo'd -- it's really a chocolate peanut butter milk shake -- a regular size is over 770 calories (so significantly more that say a Big Mac). The thing with Jamba Juice, for those that aren't familiar, is they are one of those places that tries really hard to be a health food, probiotic, want to have a shot of wheat grass and whey protein to enhance your immune system places. Every time I order a Peanut Butter Moo'd, they ask me if I want a vitamin "boost" of some kind, and I reply with a straight face very deadpan, "No, thank you, I'm not pretending this milkshake is healthy for me today." The kid behind the counter usually laughs. Oh, now I'm in a mood for a peanut butter milkshake.  ;)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Betelnut

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2012, 10:06:54 AM »
Jamba Juice has a Peanut Butter Moo'd -- it's really a chocolate peanut butter milk shake -- a regular size is over 770 calories (so significantly more that say a Big Mac). The thing with Jamba Juice, for those that aren't familiar, is they are one of those places that tries really hard to be a health food, probiotic, want to have a shot of wheat grass and whey protein to enhance your immune system places. Every time I order a Peanut Butter Moo'd, they ask me if I want a vitamin "boost" of some kind, and I reply with a straight face very deadpan, "No, thank you, I'm not pretending this milkshake is healthy for me today." The kid behind the counter usually laughs. Oh, now I'm in a mood for a peanut butter milkshake.  ;)

Dairy Queen has PB milkshakes.  They are good but not as "peanutty" as I'd like.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Oh Joy

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2012, 04:56:58 PM »
Gotta say I've been eating LOTS of peanut butter on celery lately.  Yum!

(And don't talk to me about ants on a log...PB on celery, sprinkled with raisins...that's just an abomination.   ;) )

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »
I feel that this is the only place I can talk about one of my favourite peanut paste loves without being judged.  ;D

Vanilla icecream, slightly softened, with peanut paste and honey roughly stirred through. Put bowl of yumminess back in the freezer for 1/2 hour then take out and enjoy in privacy as no-one else seems to understand how good it is.  Don't mix it in evenly as you want to come across pockets of peanut paste and others of honey - it's like a treasure hunt in a bowl.

That sounds insanely delicious. Must. Try.

Thanks for blowing my diet!  ::)

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »

I made more PB this weekend.

(my 'recipe' if you want to call it that:
dump 1 lb of peanuts in blender [or food processor--I just don't happen to have one of those]. I bought roasted, unsalted,  bulk food market--but you can use the tubs at the grocery store. [Hell, honey-roasted is dingdangity tasty. Just remember to add less salt]. Add some oil--I use olive because it's 'healthy' and handy--about 1 Tbsp. Add some salt to taste--I use about 1 tsp. Add some sugar (or honey or brown sugar or whatever sweetener you may want) to taste--I use about 4 tsp of plain sugar).
Blend to desired crunch-levels. you want it a little thin because it thickens in the fridge.
Put in some sort of airtight container. store in fridge. It'll thicken up overnight. If it gets to thick, you can stir in some oil or set the tub in a container of hot water for a few minutes to make it more spreadable)

It is amazing.  and makes excellent ice cream toppings.  and is a thousand times better than store bought.
(and the above cost me $3 :)

I am so going to make some once the commercial stuff I have is gone. I dont know why it never occured to me to do this before. Heck, I make homemade cheese, butter and yogurt. You'd think I would have thought of making my own PB!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
American here who has always hated, even as a child, a PB&J. *However* I love peanut butter itself. Usually I'll make a peanut butter and honey sandwich while DH and Little Coug get the PB&Js.

Also my taste in the type of peanut butter has changed as I no longer like the Skippys or Jiffs; now all we eat is the Smucker's Natural (I think it's the name) where the only ingredients are peanuts and a little salt. Of course there's oil at the top so you have to mix it but I don't mind. To me the taste is far superior to the other more processed brands out there. Now I only buy the other brands for peanut butter cookies. :)

In the last couple of years I discovered apple slices spread w/a little bit of peanut butter. Delicious!!

I am the same way!  I ate PBJ as a kid, but as an adult I realized I don't really like jam.  But I love PB.  And I also can't eat the commercial stuff; my current favorite is from Trader Joes; valencia pb (crunchy) with roasted flax seeds.  Its soooo good.

kethria

• عاشق, ولهان
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2012, 05:17:06 PM »
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Playdough/

Just made this. CRUD MONKEYS! so good, and distracts the toddler!

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »
Made that a few years ago when I taught 4th grade Sunday School.  Each child made a word or a sculpture for dad on Father's Day Sunday on a paper plate (or mom, or grandpa, or whoever brought them...) because it most likely did not last the car ride home!
Pretty cheap, easy, yummy!
:)
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Girlie

« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »
Every Christmas, we make peanut butter Rice Crispies. Love them, since there's no cooking involved, and you get to get your hands all sticky! We also don't measure... it's pretty much the easiest recipe ever, since you really just do everything until it "feels" right, sticks together, and you can roll them into balls.

It's Rice Crispies, peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, and M&Ms. Once the ingredients are mixed and rolled into balls, wrap them in wax paper the same way you would wrap salt water taffy. You can make them as big or as small as you would like. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!