Help me finish my itinerary and decide what to do! I have 4 weeks.
1. Fly to San Fran. Maybe 2 nights here - have some family friends to catch up with in Fremont, smidge of sightseeing for DH who hasn't been there before. I have been a few times but none as an adult.
I have done Alcatraz and would happily go again if DH wants to. What else is a must see?
2. Drive to Vegas. How long is this drive?
I want to stay somewhere in town, and nice, but not uber expensive or flashy. No more than $200 p/n if possible. Recs? prob 2 nights here too.
I want a wedding vow renewal at some tacky venue. Possibly by Elvis. Do I need to book? Are there formalities reqeuired for a renewal?
Also - what is a must see in Vegas?
3. Fly to Boston, then train to Salem.
Halloween in Salem - probably just the one night. I realise accomodation will need to be booked EARLY. No plans to stay in Boston, its just a changeover point. Am I wrong? Should I stop in for anything?
4. Train to New York City
Looking at 4 nights here. I haven't been since I was really little so what to do?
Def going to see SOMETHING on Broadway. I'm not fussed on what. I also plan to go to MMA but don't want to get too bogged down in seeing every gallery - DH will get bored.
Plus a trip to Liberty Island. What else?
Accomodation recs - again, $200-250 per night or less ideal, and want to be pretty central to walk most places.
5. Train to Washington DC
Another 3-4 nights here. I want to go to the White House (is it at all possible to get a tour?), and the Smithsonian (but not sure what bits) and i know there's stacks more to do here. Tell me what!
6. I was originally going to fly to Chicago, hire a car and drive the old R66 highway (as best as poss) to LA, but decided that it might be a bit of a time waster. I'm around 2 weeks in. I'd like to go to Florida, to go to DisneyWorld etc. Other than theme parks, what should I do while there?
I'm left with 5-6 days spare between Washington and Hawaii. Florida can be on either side of mystery locations. Bearing in mind that I don't want to veer too heavily out of the road, where should I fill my time?
I have friends in Minneapolis who I'd love to see but my itinerary doesn't really take me in that direction. NB Salem is the only fixed date for 31 Oct 12, and we'll be flying on on approx 21/22 Oct. Maybe we could go between Vegas and Boston? Is that a stupid idea?
7. I'd like to come home via Hawaii (I can get a cheap flight from Honolulu to Sydney to reduce costs - may aswell do 3/4 nights while there).
I've been before, but again, not as an adult. Recs? We'd like a resort, but again, not to exxy.