Author Topic: Flags for your signature  (Read 26751 times)

Ticia

• Administrator
Re: Flags for your signature
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »
Please would it be possible to have the English flag, the cross of St George?

Bethalize: Would you mind linking me to a specific flag? I'm not up on my English flag history and when I googled it, I got a lot of different results. Thanks! I'll try to get this one done as soon as possible.
Utah

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2011, 12:00:23 AM »
Could you post instructions on how to do it? How many pixels wide & tall the image is?
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2011, 09:18:01 AM »
Ticia, when you have time and if it's not too much trouble, could you do one for Tennessee?

http://www.free-printable-flags.com/printable-state-flags/tennessee.gif

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »
Cross of St. George

[right][img]http://tinyurl.com/3ps2dez[/img][/right]
Utah

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »
Tennessee:

[right][img]http://tinyurl.com/3kyqbfr[/img][/right]
Utah

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2011, 03:38:45 PM »
Could you post instructions on how to do it? How many pixels wide & tall the image is?

The images are 16 x 11 pixels.

Here's what I do (I'm on a Mac): Right click on the image, select "Copy Image" then I open the image in photoshop, (command n, command v) shrink it to the above pixel size (command shift I), and save it to my computer. Then I go to my google account, open up picasa, upload it, tag it with the name of the flag, right click and then "View image". Then I copy the URL and paste that URL into tinyurl.com to get the tiny url. Then I post the code here in the thread.

Umm... that doesn't seem very helpful. LOL. Let me know if that answered your questions. It's not my best tutorial ever, but I've been so busy the last couple of days. Hopefully, life will slow down a bit soon.
Utah

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »

The images are 16 x 11 pixels.

Here's what I do (I'm on a Mac): Right click on the image, select "Copy Image" then I open the image in photoshop, (command n, command v) shrink it to the above pixel size (command shift I), and save it to my computer. Then I go to my google account, open up picasa, upload it, tag it with the name of the flag, right click and then "View image". Then I copy the URL and paste that URL into tinyurl.com to get the tiny url. Then I post the code here in the thread.

Umm... that doesn't seem very helpful. LOL. Let me know if that answered your questions. It's not my best tutorial ever, but I've been so busy the last couple of days. Hopefully, life will slow down a bit soon.

Perfect - thanks!
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

PitBullMom

• Punish the deed, not the breed!
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2011, 01:05:35 AM »
Thank you for the flags and the instructions!   :D
~PitBullMom

Don't breed or buy while homeless pets die.  Adopt your soul pet at your local animal shelter.

MacadamiaNut

• These pretzels are making me thirsty.
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
 Worked like a charm!  Thank you very much for this!
Paperweights, for instance - has anyone ever established what, when, and why
paper has to be weighed down? ::) ~Don Aslett

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »
Thanks Ticia!
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2011, 06:51:09 PM »
Re: state flags.

Am I the only one who wouldn't know their state flag if it came up and dropped a dozen dressers on them?

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »
Re: state flags.

Am I the only one who wouldn't know their state flag if it came up and dropped a dozen dressers on them?

Nope!  I seem to recall the Illinois flag having a white background, maybe.  With something in the middle?  Lets see how wrong I am!

Hey, I was right!  http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst019.gif  Fancy that!  I'd know the Chicago flag anywhere, at least :D

elephantschild

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »
Feeling particularly silly, but just can't seem to make this work ... how would I get my little WNY right over my U.S. flag?

I'd ask for a tiny Buffalo Bills flag, but I think that'd be going too far, right?  :D

(Just kidding, of course. ;))
"But there was one Elephant -- a new Elephant -- an Elephant's Child--who was full of 'satiable curtiosity, and that means he asked ever so many questions."
-- "Just So Stories," Rudyard Kipling

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2011, 08:52:49 PM »
Feeling particularly silly, but just can't seem to make this work ... how would I get my little WNY right over my U.S. flag?

I'd ask for a tiny Buffalo Bills flag, but I think that'd be going too far, right?  :D

(Just kidding, of course. ;))

Copy and paste this into the line above the code for the flag:

[right]WNY[/right]
Utah

elephantschild

« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2011, 09:19:34 PM »
D'oh. :)

Thanks!
"But there was one Elephant -- a new Elephant -- an Elephant's Child--who was full of 'satiable curtiosity, and that means he asked ever so many questions."
-- "Just So Stories," Rudyard Kipling