Author Topic: Fan returns $22,000 watch Chris Brown tossed into crowd  (Read 7197 times)

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
Re: Fan returns $22,000 watch Chris Brown tossed into crowd
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 02:13:52 PM »
How much the watch costs is not an issue, I think.  The woman would have been obligated by law and etiquette to return a cheap watch.

That said, I do think Chris Brown should at least have sent back thanks when he got back the watch.  Coming to realize his mistake later, he wants to offer her a free show.  I don't care for Chris Brown, but I'm willing to give the benefit of whatever doubt there is here that this is not just a cheap publicity stunt but that he really does want to make right whatever he can, however he can.  I'm sure he's aware that his reputation has suffered quite a bit over the last few years.  Yes, it's certainly possible that he's just after some good publicity, but I don't really know that, so I'm not going to make a judgmental statement about what he's doing now in terms of the watch.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

djinnidjream

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2011, 12:45:49 PM »
Anyone else think that a $22,000 watch shouldn't be coming loose in the first place?  For the price- that fricken watch should have jumped back onto his wrist.
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2011, 12:32:11 AM »
Anyone else think that a $22,000 watch shouldn't be coming loose in the first place?  For the price- that fricken watch should have jumped back onto his wrist.

Does anyone remember the old Visa ad about the suitcase trying to reunite itself with its owners?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."