Author Topic: How do you keep a link from running-is EHell a virus?  (Read 5945 times)

Virg

• Super Hero!
Re: How do you keep a link from running-is EHell a virus?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »
gramma dishes wrote:

"No, the music plays all the time, even when you're NOT on that page at all.  Even when you're not even on Etiquette Hell at all."

It didn't do such a thing in my browser.  It stopped moving and generating sound when I halted the video.  It's moot for this particular instance since it's gone, but you might want to check your browser's settings (or drag in your favorite tech if you're not one yourself) to make sure that it controls focus properly.  The video shouldn't be producing sound if you're not on the window/tab that it's displayed on, or if you stop playback on that page.

Virg

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 10:33:22 AM »
Virg -- Thanks for the additional information.

Everlee

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »
I have the forum page bookmarked, not the main page but I keep getting virus alerts once or twice a day from ehell, too.  :(  Would you believe I had one the second I clicked on this topic! 

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »
The video is still on the page.  I went into the embed code and changed a small piece of it.  It worked to stop the auto looping of the video and that's that.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 07:07:34 PM »
The video is still on the page.  I went into the embed code and changed a small piece of it.  It worked to stop the auto looping of the video and that's that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ehelldame!!  I really appreciate your taking care of that.  I was beginning to think I was the one that was loopy!   ;D