Author Topic: Molly Quinn (from Castle) Makes me smile....  (Read 5687 times)

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
Molly Quinn (from Castle) Makes me smile....
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:32:32 PM »
A few hours ago Miss Quinn (who I have loved as an actress for ages, but even more so since she's been in Castle) posted a tweet that made me grin -

@CastleTV: @MollyQuinn93 Seamus has all the goss on the con (a convention for Castle fans) :P
Molly's reply: Being from the South I do not want to assume anything about being invited.

Just lovely.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

O'Dell

Re: Molly Quinn (from Castle) Makes me smile....
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 12:40:47 PM »
She is a cutie. :)
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

MyFamily

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »
A few hours ago Miss Quinn (who I have loved as an actress for ages, but even more so since she's been in Castle) posted a tweet that made me grin -

@CastleTV: @MollyQuinn93 Seamus has all the goss on the con (a convention for Castle fans) :P
Molly's reply: Being from the South I do not want to assume anything about being invited.

Just lovely.

I understand what Molly is saying, but I have no idea what @CastleTV is saying...can you please provide a translation?

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 09:31:53 PM »
Seamus is Seamus Dever (detective Ryan) and he's been tweeting info about a convention being held later in the year for Castle fans.

Goss = gossip
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:39:16 PM by anna_garny »
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 09:35:24 PM »
what's goss?

KimberlyRose

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 10:53:56 AM »
I actually think its a quite polarizing comment. "Being from the South..." Seriously?!?!?!  What are all us nasty Yankee northerners tactless clods?  I've been to the South and the people there are no more polite (or rude) or better versed in etiquette then from anywhere else.  Couldn't she have just said "I do not want to assume anything about being invited" without a nasty little implication about somehow being more polite because she's southern?

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:31:46 PM »
Is she the daughter? I love her. She's charming.
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

heartmug

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 05:41:41 PM »
She is a cutie pie and I love her name.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Two Ravens

• One for sorrow, Two for mirth...
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »
I actually think its a quite polarizing comment. "Being from the South..." Seriously?!?!?!  What are all us nasty Yankee northerners tactless clods?  I've been to the South and the people there are no more polite (or rude) or better versed in etiquette then from anywhere else.  Couldn't she have just said "I do not want to assume anything about being invited" without a nasty little implication about somehow being more polite because she's southern?

Agreed.

Shea

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »

I doubt she was saying "I'm from the South and therefore entirely etiquettely superior to those rude Yanks!" I'd guess she was just playing with the "polite Southern belle" stereotype. I can see how it could be taken that way, but why assume the worst?

And FTR, I'm a Northerner. ;)

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

dqduck

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »
POD. I think it's an innocuous comment and it did not even occur to me to think that she was trying to imply that northerners were rude. I think sometimes offense is taken too easily where none is intended.

ettiquit

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 02:11:13 PM »
POD. I think it's an innocuous comment and it did not even occur to me to think that she was trying to imply that northerners were rude. I think sometimes offense is taken too easily where none is intended.

POD

Maujer

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 02:52:35 PM »
Just because someone says something is one way, doesn't mean everything else is the opposite. I think perhaps one of the reasons people think south = super polite is simply because etiquette and words like "sir" or "ma'am" are drilled into children from an early age. In the North, where I grew up, people take a more subdued, common sense approach. In my opinions, it seems to average out so people from both areas are roughly equally polite, it's just some people are more formal about it.

lollylegs

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 11:32:58 PM »

I doubt she was saying "I'm from the South and therefore entirely etiquettely superior to those rude Yanks!" I'd guess she was just playing with the "polite Southern belle" stereotype. I can see how it could be taken that way, but why assume the worst?

And FTR, I'm a Northerner. ;)

A little OT but when I was in America I found New Englanders to be the most polite, which really taught me not to put too much faith in stereotypes (also, IME, Americans cannot be beaten for hospitality.)