Author Topic: Could you be Australian?  (Read 3574 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: Could you be Australian?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »
Nevil Shute Norway was at one time my favorite author. Maybe if the test were based on the 1940's & 50's I could have done better.  :)

When you above are talking about Alice, I'm thinking of A Town like Alice.

Definitely not the Alice being referred to in this thread.  Google "Smokie" and "Living next door to Alice" and good luck finding a version that's safe for small and/or delicate ears.  You know you're living next door to a bogan if they're sitting around a bonfire (usually contained in the innards of a washing machine... although some ambitious ones have tried doing it in a supermarket trolley for a more portable fire) and they're all wearing their flannies, smoking their Winnie Blues and sucking back on cans of VB while singing/shouting this.  They'll also be referring to each other as Tezza, Bazza, Wazza etc.  Bonus points given if they're the type that crush the cans on their foreheads in time for the "main" part of the song.  :)

Yup. Knew it wasn't the Alice knew. I'm glad I didn't search like I usually  do - I am delicate. Thanks.

dawnfire

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 09:34:36 PM »
i don't make a good aussie, though i could answer most of the questions. I hate beer, bundie, football (all aussie codes. I prefer US football), cricket, vegemite and meatpies. (it almost sounds like that old ad)

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 10:05:43 PM »
I've never met anyone who prefers American football (outside America).

Victoria