Author Topic: Could you be Australian?  (Read 3467 times)

EduardosGirl

• He's thinking about you right now...
Re: Could you be Australian?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 09:41:02 PM »
Now I just want some pav and tim tams.......

I'm sorry - the pav is the quintessentially made in NZ dish.  You may have some, but you may never mock a kiwi accent again, as long as you shall live.

I'll let you have the tim tams though.  I've been having a craving for Griffins Chocolate Chip Biscuits.

Could be time for a trip to the Kiwi shop.

You know that's what makes it so Australian, right? Just like Sam Neill, Crowded House, Phar Lap and Russell Crowe. :P

I am SO BLOODY Australian, except I don't eat meat or egg or dairy, which makes me totally useless at barbies and with the good ol' pav. Plus, I'm allergic to kiwi fruit so the pav is totally off limits to me. Sad face.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:28:36 PM »
Well, an Australian once convinced educated, over 21-at-the-time me that it is perfectly possible to domesticate a kangaroo and keep one in the backyard. So, no, I'm going to say I CAN'T be Australian. Because the Drop Bears probably WOULD kill me.
Wherever you go.... there you are.

EduardosGirl

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 11:07:49 PM »
Shores, you didn't take him up on the offer? You know, once they're old enough, you can use them as transport. Just ride in the pouch! Very comfy.

katycoo

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 11:19:21 PM »

I'm sorry - the pav is the quintessentially made in NZ dish.  You may have some, but you may never mock a kiwi accent again, as long as you shall live.

I'll let you have the tim tams though.  I've been having a craving for Griffins Chocolate Chip Biscuits.

You know that's what makes it so Australian, right? Just like Sam Neill, Crowded House, Phar Lap and Russell Crowe. :P

I am SO BLOODY Australian, except I don't eat meat or egg or dairy, which makes me totally useless at barbies and with the good ol' pav. Plus, I'm allergic to kiwi fruit so the pav is totally off limits to me. Sad face.

No - Russell Crowe is totally a Kiwi again.  I'm done with him.

EduardosGirl

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 11:22:36 PM »

No - Russell Crowe is totally a Kiwi again.  I'm done with him.

I feel the same way about Mel Gibson. America can have him.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 04:31:49 AM »

I'm Australian. And the answer is Kevin Bloody Wilson!!! lol.

I love him!!!!!!!!!!

Ever see him live?  Awesome show!!  ;D
Stewart/Colbert '16

Iris

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 04:58:20 AM »
Well I AM Australian and I would have totally failed that test.  ;D

Although I think I should have my OWN test - I don't drink beer, but I do chuck U-eys and sickeys and I DO drink Margaret River SSBs. That counts, right?
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

pharmagal

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 07:38:35 AM »
Well I was born here so I'm pretty sure I'm Australian even though I don't drink beer  ;D I should have past that test and am slightly disappointed I didn't have to define what a bogan is  ;)

Easy to define - they're my neighbours.

I'm not Living Next Door to Alan, that's for sure.

Also, we Kiwi's don't know who Russell Crowe is  - so you can have him.

katycoo

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 09:39:44 AM »

Or Alice, even?

pharmagal

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »

Or Alice, even?

Alice?  Alice? Who the .... is Alice?

And now - I have s ong stuck in my head.  Better than Goyte i guess.

katycoo

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 07:37:28 PM »

Or Alice, even?

Alice?  Alice? Who the .... is Alice?

And now - I have s ong stuck in my head.  Better than Goyte i guess.

I heart Gotye.  The new album (and his second album too) are fantastic.  But if my secretary's radio doesn't stop playing Somebody that I used to Know, someone is going to get knifed.

Bluenomi

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 09:18:54 PM »
I'll throw in Nicole Kidman as well.

But in return, we'll be keeping:
- Keith Urban

You can keep him as long as you promise not to let him out of the country  ;D

pharmagal

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 08:51:20 AM »
I heart Gotye.  The new album (and his second album too) are fantastic.  But if my secretary's radio doesn't stop playing Somebody that I used to Know, someone is going to get knifed.

It's weird, normally I get sick of a song really quickly, but due to me changing the radio station in the car to ABC2, I don't hear it anywhere near as frequently - so so far, I'm still loving the song.  plus Kimbra is a Kiwi - so it's all good.  lol

For 24 years I've been waiting for my chance to tell her how I feel and maybe get into her pants...

Hehehe - that's naughty! 

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 09:05:04 AM »
Nevil Shute Norway was at one time my favorite author. Maybe if the test were based on the 1940's & 50's I could have done better.  :)

When you above are talking about Alice, I'm thinking of A Town like Alice.

IslandMama

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 08:47:51 PM »
Nevil Shute Norway was at one time my favorite author. Maybe if the test were based on the 1940's & 50's I could have done better.  :)

When you above are talking about Alice, I'm thinking of A Town like Alice.

Definitely not the Alice being referred to in this thread.  Google "Smokie" and "Living next door to Alice" and good luck finding a version that's safe for small and/or delicate ears.  You know you're living next door to a bogan if they're sitting around a bonfire (usually contained in the innards of a washing machine... although some ambitious ones have tried doing it in a supermarket trolley for a more portable fire) and they're all wearing their flannies, smoking their Winnie Blues and sucking back on cans of VB while singing/shouting this.  They'll also be referring to each other as Tezza, Bazza, Wazza etc.  Bonus points given if they're the type that crush the cans on their foreheads in time for the "main" part of the song.  :)