Author Topic: How do you keep a link from running-is EHell a virus?  (Read 5771 times)

Bees

How do you keep a link from running-is EHell a virus?
« on: September 27, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
Ever since the last Friday Feel good was posted the video keeps running-the 30years of gifts thing.

I have cleared cookies and tried changing auto settings-can't seem to stop it.

I asked in a comment on the video that it be removed but it was probably not seen.

Any tech advice you can give me to stop it gratefully received.

I'm reporting this post to a moderator so it can be seen by webmaster.

greenleafmountain

Re: How do you keep a link from running-is EHell a virus?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
If you have adblockplus you can hover over the video and a small "block" tab will appear in the upper right corner.  When you click it, a bunch of options of what to block will show up, just choose the custom option and it will block that video and that video only.

Bees

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
thank you Greenleaf, I don't have an adblocker but it might be time to get one.

I have no idea why that video is so over riding. Nothing else I have run has ever done that.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »
Ever since the last Friday Feel good was posted the video keeps running-the 30years of gifts thing.

I have cleared cookies and tried changing auto settings-can't seem to stop it.

I asked in a comment on the video that it be removed but it was probably not seen.

Any tech advice you can give me to stop it gratefully received.

I'm reporting this post to a moderator so it can be seen by webmaster.

I've been having exactly the same problem!!!  I just turned off my sound, but it's annoying as h...eck!

The worst part is that it's a "lumpy" soundtrack!!  Cuts in and out!  Really frustrating!

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 09:41:35 PM »
Now the curiosity in me wants to click that link so I know what you are all talking about, but........... the practical side of me is winning that war.

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

crella

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:02 PM »
It started to play as soon as I opened the Main Blog page, but I was able to shut it off. That was the first time that ever happened, a video starting to play when I hadn't opened it.

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »
When I flew my mouse over it, I got a control panel that I used to stop it from playing.  It runs when the page loads because it was a direct embedded video and not a link to another source, but I didn't have any difficulty stopping it.

Virg

Bees

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
OH I can stop it once it starts-if I can find it-which is getting longer as she posts more things.

And that star like thing has settings that you can change  for auto and run but changing them doesn't help if you right click on it. There is a like button but no shutoff button.

I don't get why it is only doing it to some people or why it is set that way.

Moderators and Admin are giving me complete silence. I would rather have No (we will not remove a link just for you) NO is a complete answer, silence is awkward.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »
When I flew my mouse over it, I got a control panel that I used to stop it from playing.  It runs when the page loads because it was a direct embedded video and not a link to another source, but I didn't have any difficulty stopping it.

Virg

No, the music plays all the time, even when you're NOT on that page at all.  Even when you're not even on Etiquette Hell at all.  It's beyond annoying and I've gone back to the site and searched high and low for any kind of "stop" or "escape" button.  I can't find one. 

If anyone knows how to make this horrible (quality) soundtrack stop, please share!!

AM in AL

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
I didn't realize until reading this that I had the same problem - THAT'S what that music was earlier today when I first came to E-hell.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 10:25:48 PM »
Interestingly, all of a sudden mine seems to have finally stopped!  I have no idea why.  Nothing I had tried had worked.  But just all of a sudden, it's not there any more after  driving me nuts for days! 

Maybe it heard me saying mean words and I hurt its feelings.   ;D

crella

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »
I was wondering if you had a browser window open down on your toolbar that you may have forgotten about...that's all I could think of that might cause that...no computer genius am I. I'm still puzzled by the fact that it starts playing when you open the main page, I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 11:11:05 PM »
It did that to me, too...took me forever before I'd made it down the page and found out what was causing it.
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

Bees

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 11:24:02 PM »
Blissful silence  :) :)

The offending video was removed from the main page blog.
Thank you very much E-dame.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 11:26:09 PM »
Blissful silence  :) :)

The offending video was removed from the main page blog.
Thank you very much E-dame.

Ditto!  Thank you, thank you !!