Author Topic: Who is in the wrong?  (Read 19361 times)

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
Re: Who is in the wrong?
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
Anyway, end result: the day of our move, he said "You know, I don't really want to move this thing again." And relisted it on Craigslist  ::) The end.

Ah, so it failed the "Do I love this thing enough to move it?" test!

When I moved several years ago with my ex, I had the opposite problem!  :D I had a large, cumbersome piece of furniture that nonetheless was useful to me, and also had sentimental value as one of the few pieces that actually belonged to me rather than having been brought to the relationship by him. He hated it. Repeatedly, he would walk through the room it was in and mutter about how much he wanted to toss it. He'd dream up drastic rearrangements of the furniture and then mutter about how it just couldn't be done because, sigh, my dingdangity piece of furniture would get in the way. He constantly came up with (nonworkable) schemes to get me to replace it. And on, and on.

When we moved, I decided that it was too heavy to move and that the construction probably wouldn't hold up to a move anyway. I spent forever getting that thing out to the curb. And then...he decided he wanted it for his own purposes, moved it, and used it for himself. To this day, I have no idea whether he had a last minute change of heart or whether all his bashing of the piece was because he actually wanted it for himself all along!  >:D

General Jinjur

• This is serious business!
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »

Anyway, end result: the day of our move, he said "You know, I don't really want to move this thing again." And relisted it on Craigslist  ::) The end.

You're kidding!

Nope, and past experience should have informed me that was what would happen. So now, unless he wants to pay movers again, it's not coming to our new place.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2011, 07:43:24 PM »
I applaud you for not stuffing him into the fishtank.  >:D
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

General Jinjur

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »
Ha ha, thanks  :D

Aaaaaaand about three days after saying he didn't want to move the tank anyway, he made a snippy remark about how I made him give up his fish  ::) I had to use some rather stern language, to the effect that he needed to make up his bleeping mind, and that it was completely unfair to agree to something wholeheartedly, and then change his mind and decide that I had "made" him do something. I mean, if he was really really upset about the fish, then why the heck did he say he was totally fine with not having the tank in the front room?!

So now he's decided to keep some of the fish and sell the tank, as per our original decision. We'll see if he still thinks it's a good idea next week.

rashea

• Super Hero!
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2011, 03:17:32 PM »
Tell him you want it in writing at this point!
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2011, 05:37:03 PM »
Writing, heck, I'd want it in blood!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

General Jinjur

« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2011, 12:08:37 AM »
His blood, I assume?

Redsoil

« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
Oh no, he does NOT get to blame you for this!  Tell him that this is not acceptable behaviour - he is an adult, and as such is responsible for his own decisions and actions.  It can only be detrimental all 'round if he persists in this sort of silliness.
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »
See now, this is when I'd make a short list of the few scenarios that would work for ME and tell him "Pick one and shut up!"  ::)

I mean good grief, you offered him several options and he refused every compromise. It HAD to go in that front room and it HAD to be the big tank. I'm curious, and you don't have to answer this but maybe just mull it over, is he somehow feeling negative about the move? I wonder if he's taken whatever other "Do. Not. Want." feelings he's having regarding the situation in general and directing them toward this fish tank issue?

Cuddlepie

« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2011, 10:08:23 PM »
And men accuse women of changing their minds a thousand times before deciding.  This thread is more proof of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?   ;)

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2011, 10:46:06 PM »
Useful discussion seems at an end; thread closed.